TDKR Batsuit: What do you think?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I like the simplicity of the BB bat suit and how big the bat-symbol is on his chest. It just looks clean. I don't think that the bat-suit evolving in its functionality necessarily calls for more lines and striations, etc. I know that he needs to be able to move more (for example him throwing those charges in BB was absolutely awful) but I like the BB suit. Not to say the new suit is bad, it's badass as well, but just kinda looks a tad clunky to me.

I love the TDK suit more than any other one. I watched Batman 89 recently. Pffiou that film didn't age well.

I like the TDK suit much better than the BB suit. It looks more real and functional, and more importantly can be shot in full light and still look real, unlike the BB suit.

ImageImage

Nolanoscopy wrote:Image
This image is exactly what I was talking about. Above the waist, the suit bends and moves really well without ever looking rubbery. You can see the rubber on the thigh bending here, looking distinctly non-armor-y.

And while the BEGINS body suit looked well, it did NOT look great when Bats was crouching or moving his arms forward. Because it wasn't really armor on his arms, again the rubber bent and rippled in ways that gave away the game, rather than reinforcing the idea it was body armor.

I really HATE the BEGINS neck. It looks awful. The cowl itself is pretty great, but the one piece neck just looks fat and awkward.

what we need to see if more of Bruce without the cowl... it always looks epic.

Well, this suit looks different to me than the TDK one, but I guess it's because we're not seeing it on film, properly photographed. It's not that I don't like this one. Way I see it, The Dark Knight should stay dark. I guess I'll stick with the classic look.

Mason wrote:Yeah, because the yellow sure helped him to stay hidden in the shadows. :lol:
I agree Mason. But remember in the graphic novel The Dark Knight Returns (Frank Miller), after being shot in the chest by Harvey Dent (but having a bullet-proof vest underneath the yellow logo), Batman said "Why do you think I wear a target in my chest?" I Guess Miller found a good excuse for it. ;)

I really like the Batman Begins suit. However the problem with that suit is that looks horrible in the light. In the shadow/dark it works brilliantly. As the Batman scenes in BB were all at night the suit worked perfectly. However once you see the same Batsuit in The Dark Knight inside the well lit bank vault in the beginning and it looks awful. The BB batsuit would never have worked in The Dark Knight.

Plus I don't like the neck piece on the Batman Begins batsuit.

I like all of Nolan's Batsuits but I prefer the newest version. BB's one was a bit too stiff.