Edit Voice or Pedal Faster?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

Do you think the Voice requires editing?

Poll ended at December 27th, 2011, 4:45 pm

No, I hear him fine/ I want the voice to stay as it is because it is important to the performance
68%
Yes, they need to edit the voice, because I will be irritated when i can't fully make out what Bane is saying
32%

Total votes: 104

apw wrote:Just got back from seeing it in IMAX. Only missed 1 line. Don't know what the fuss is about.

Pedal faster :judge:
:clap:

apw wrote:Just got back from seeing it in IMAX. Only missed 1 line. Don't know what the fuss is about.

Pedal faster :judge:
Agreed. The only line I could not make out was the part about "expecting one of us in the wreckage, brother", and only because it was said sort of quickly compared to his other lines. But I like it because its almost like "where do you think you're going, brother?" lol.

I think he should ever so slightly change the voice so it is clearer, It really isnt going to run well with critics and reviewers if they can't make out what he is saying. I can make out most of what he is saying but not all of it, He should make it a bit clearer.

Okay, so I finally heard the voice in the IMAX theater.

I say: Edit the voice in certain scenes where background noise is higher. We have a plane in the air, and the door was open for a couple of his lines. Very hard to hear even a regular person's voice in these conditions.

Other than that, I think his voice is fine as heard in the trailer with no background noise (except for the music in the trailer).

chee wrote:Okay, so I finally heard the voice in the IMAX theater.

I say: Edit the voice in certain scenes where background noise is higher. We have a plane in the air, and the door was open for a couple of his lines. Very hard to hear even a regular person's voice in these conditions.

Other than that, I think his voice is fine as heard in the trailer with no background noise (except for the music in the trailer).
When all NF threads are locked... you have my permission to die.

207 DAYS TO GO! :batman: :goNF:

When I first heard Bane's voice in the prologue when he says, "It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan", I couldnt help thinking the accent and the tone of voice sound really familiar. A Coen brother conversation later, I realised he sounds a lot like Javier Bardem in No Country for Old men. It makes sense as I believe historically, Bane is south American and most of the dudes he is with in prologue look south American (sorry for any racial profiling).

http://youtu.be/wkh6if8TL2U

"Call it?"

It doesn't make any sense actually. South America is a continent comprised of 12 countries, 386 million people and multiple languages and dialects. There's no discernible or identifiable accent. Bane isn't "South America." He was born on a fictional prison island in the Caribbean to a British father. Chigurh isn't "South American" either. The novel only describes him as "vaguely exotic." Javier Bardem is Spanish. Other than their voices being deep, there's no comparison.

German, Arabic, "South America," Afrikaans, Latvian ... this speculation serves no other purpose than to pigeon-hole Hardy's unique take on the character

I couldn't understand him well enough in the prologue but that might be due to the recording quality, in any case I'm not worried at all for some reason, I'll watch the movie a lot of times anyway so i don't care.

prince0gotham wrote:I'll watch the movie a lot of times anyway so i don't care.
qft