Edit Voice or Pedal Faster?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

Do you think the Voice requires editing?

Poll ended at December 27th, 2011, 4:45 pm

No, I hear him fine/ I want the voice to stay as it is because it is important to the performance
68%
Yes, they need to edit the voice, because I will be irritated when i can't fully make out what Bane is saying
32%

Total votes: 104

Allstar wrote:
Mason wrote:
Fair enough.
So.. I do not want that to happen my first viewing with all the other Bane scenes in the movie. The voice in the trailer is easily heard let's hope it is as coherent as that for the whole movie.
I'm sure it will be.... aside from the heavy action scenes.

http://badassdigest.com/2011/12/20/chri ... way-it-is/

Decent article. Favourite part was:
Yesterday the internets were ablaze with a battle between people who had a hard time hearing Bane's dialogue in the Dark Knight Rises prologue and trailer and the hyperzealous Batjihadists who wanted to burn them alive to make them repent for daring speak out in any way against any creative decisions made by Our Holy Lord Christopher Nolan, Sexless Aesthete Of The British Order Of Wonky Directors.
Do you... like pineapple?

I can understand him perfectly but there is lot people who can't there needs to be some work done. Just slow the voice a tad and make slightly louder should be more than enough and quite some of the background noise. The trailer is very easy to understand him and I am sure most people could understand him in the trailer.

Armandhammer wrote:
m4st4 wrote:
Fuck IGN. We're NOLANFANS, and who are you? Name your allegiance! :ninja:
Um, IGN is a media hub for games and movies. So those votes are, to a degree, somewhat representative of the greater community.

Nolan fans is home to extremists who sometimes forget what an opinion is.

My allegiance is with Nutella 8-)
umm for the recored im only 17 and i voted here and ign... and i voted for banes voice to stay the same. so for you to say the people who vote on there are greater than anyone else you are clearly wrong because im just a high school kid. his voice is perfect

Mattman wrote:
Armandhammer wrote:
Um, IGN is a media hub for games and movies. So those votes are, to a degree, somewhat representative of the greater community.

umm for the recored im only 17 and i voted here and ign... and i voted for banes voice to stay the same. so for you to say the people who vote on there are greater than anyone else you are clearly wrong because im just a high school kid. his voice is perfect
This is probably one of the most ridiculous and misinformed arguments I have read on this forum.
Do you... like pineapple?

Keep his voice the same, change the levels.

Such an easy fix...I can't with you people. Hardy sounds amazing. Better than I could have possibly imagined.

Mattman wrote:
Armandhammer wrote:

The fuck.

Allstar wrote:You guys need to stop being fanboys. The bottom line is we should be able to understand what Bane says. END OF STORY.

Not if Chris Nolan thinks you shouldn't .... Obviously there's an intention there

Don't change it, just make it more audible. Tone down some of the distortion, up the volume.

It doesn't need to be in black and white. If many people can't understand it, it should be made more audible. Obviously Bane is meant to be heard, at least based on the prologue, his dialogue was necessary to understand the plot.

mchekhov wrote:
Allstar wrote:You guys need to stop being fanboys. The bottom line is we should be able to understand what Bane says. END OF STORY.

Not if Chris Nolan thinks you shouldn't .... Obviously there's an intention there
Are you serious? Nolan would make a character on purpose that you not suppose to understand the whole movie.