Edit Voice or Pedal Faster?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

Do you think the Voice requires editing?

Poll ended at December 27th, 2011, 4:45 pm

No, I hear him fine/ I want the voice to stay as it is because it is important to the performance
68%
Yes, they need to edit the voice, because I will be irritated when i can't fully make out what Bane is saying
32%

Total votes: 104

Mason wrote:
A lot of people had no problems at all understanding Bane.
but some people do.. :( why they didn't go with voice which can easily understand, like joker's voice..

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote: Those people are lying.
Ya caught me :modesty:

I'M DIRTY!! BAN ME!!! :suicide: :crazy:
Sigs???

Nolan4Life wrote:Pedal faster, bitches.
And smarten up. Fast.

This whole voice thing is nonsense. The fact that fanboys are complaining is somewhat expected, but for journalists to complain is even more baffling. But in this world of movies that are made for children, I'm not surprised. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the voice. It's hard to hear for a reason! Bane has a freakin' monster muzzle of a mask clamped and drilled into his freakin' jaw! What do they want him to sound like Sinatra or something? :facepalm:

Poll is faulty because it should only apply to people who had previously never seen the prologue before. It should be "I understood / I did not understand after watching it the first time", not "I understood / I did not understand after watching it a billion times and reading the transcript".

Maybe there's a happy medium between pedalling faster and editing stuff - but then again you won't get the full effect of Hardy's voice.

I understood him perfectly in the trailer. But in the prologue I had a hard time because it was a bootleg and the plane door was open making the background sound louder.

I'll be seeing the prologue in theaters soon, so I'll get back to that.

Most people have only seen the bootleg prologue so I'd say that 80% of the complainers have no frame of reference

christophmac wrote:Maybe there's a happy medium between pedalling faster and editing stuff - but then again you won't get the full effect of Hardy's voice.

No. Are people really saying they know better than Chris? He knows what the movie is.... Nobody else does. If he says it should be difficult to hear Bane then it's meant to be that way because it will make for a better movie

thrice wrote:Most people have only seen the bootleg prologue so I'd say that 80% of the complainers have no frame of reference
It's even harder to hear in the theater because the bootlegs can't capture the true volume of the background noise.

ihsan wrote:
Mason wrote:
A lot of people had no problems at all understanding Bane.
but some people do.. :( why they didn't go with voice which can easily understand, like joker's voice..
because he doesn't like ADR and he wants us to hear hardy's real voice because hearing another voice over that would take away from the performance.