Nolan to "Godfather" next Superman

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

apw
Am I the only one completely uninterested in this?

He won't be writing or directing.

They will have to rush the movie into production by 2011 to avoid being sued. Warner will completely lose the rights in 2013 anyway.

I'd rather Nolan focus completely on Batman 3. He is only a consultant so he probably just get paid lots for not doing much. I don't think it will interfere with Batman too much.

It seems desperate on Warners part and I wonder if this Superman movie will ever see the light of day?

On to Batman 3! :clap: :clap:

apw wrote:Am I the only one completely uninterested in this?

He won't be writing or directing.

They will have to rush the movie into production by 2011 to avoid being sued. Warner will completely lose the rights in 2013 anyway.

I'd rather Nolan focus completely on Batman 3. He is only a consultant so he probably just get paid lots for not doing much. I don't think it will interfere with Batman too much.

It seems desperate on Warners part and I wonder if this Superman movie will ever see the light of day?

On to Batman 3! :clap: :clap:
Maybe Warner Bros just wants to attach Nolan's name to the movie to build buzz and sell it to the viewers. His name will only get big with Inception :)

apw
But as just a 'consultant' his name will be barely mentioned in promotional material.

From consultant Christopher Nolan

Nope. Can't remember the last time I saw that in a trailer.

apw wrote:But as just a 'consultant' his name will be barely mentioned in promotional material.

Oh okay. I wasn't quite sure what Nolan's title for the film's going to be. Thanks!

apw
Did the large text come across as obnoxious? I didn't mean it to. I was trying to emulate a trailer.

Francis Lawrence (I am Legend) has become a consultant on Jonah Hex.

I imagine this happens often in Hollywood but people aren't that aware as it's never officially announced.

Yeah, I don't think it's anything significant other than him consulting in the very early stages. He most certainly isn't going to tie himself down to another franchise at this point.

Also, I really hope to see a new Superman film soon. WB look like they're trying to line things up so hopefully it works out.

apw wrote:Did the large text come across as obnoxious? I didn't mean it to. I was trying to emulate a trailer.

Francis Lawrence (I am Legend) has become a consultant on Jonah Hex.

I imagine this happens often in Hollywood but people aren't that aware as it's never officially announced.
No not at all. Now that I reread my post, I realize it came off as sarcastic. I didn't intend any sarcasm. I really wasn't sure what the title would be...which is why I wondered if he would Produce the film.

apw wrote:But as just a 'consultant' his name will be barely mentioned in promotional material.

It was great.
Maybe, never appear before, but WB could set new standars for that if the whole point is attach Chris name to the film.:think:

natalie wrote:

It was great.
Maybe, never appear before, but WB could set new standars for that if the whole point is attach Chris name to the film.:think:
I think it's also to build buzz. A lot of commenters on online sites are saying they're excited for this new iteration.