Nikki Finke: J-Nol and Goyers Writing Batman 3

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
BatMotor wrote:I've read that cris nolan has and idea for the story of batman 3,so now we know that nolan will be the director again :thumbup: .
Where was that?

http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/its-a ... rd-batman/
Though he wasn’t obligated to do so, he gave the studio first crack at his spec script Inception, and Warner Bros was able to buy it before other studios even got a sniff. While Nolan completes that Leonardo DiCaprio-starrer for a July 16th release, he's also hatched an idea for Warner Bros' third Batman installment. Now his brother and frequent collaborator Jonathan "Jonah" Nolan, and David Goyer who co-wrote Batman Begins and penned the story for The Dark Knight, are off scripting it.

I agree that he's much better when writing with the Nolans, but I still think his involvement in writing should be kept to a minimum. He knows his comics when it comes to Batman, but his knowledge doesn't translate into writing skill.
M.Engel wrote:http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/its-a ... rd-batman/
Though he wasn’t obligated to do so, he gave the studio first crack at his spec script Inception, and Warner Bros was able to buy it before other studios even got a sniff. While Nolan completes that Leonardo DiCaprio-starrer for a July 16th release, he's also hatched an idea for Warner Bros' third Batman installment. Now his brother and frequent collaborator Jonathan "Jonah" Nolan, and David Goyer who co-wrote Batman Begins and penned the story for The Dark Knight, are off scripting it.
Well, if this is true, then Nolan's found his story :clap:

AWESOME! I hope that's true!

chee wrote:AWESOME! I hope that's true!
Well, Nikki Finke is a credible source in Hollywood. She was the one to break the news that Sony would reboot the Spider-Man franchise.

M.Engel wrote:
natalie wrote:David Goyer never has writing credits in the Batman movies. He just set the Story, maybe he colaborated in the writing process but were Chris and Jo who got the credit for that. Even in Batman Begins, I red somewhere (I think in a EW interview), Jo help his bro in the writing despite the fact that he isn't in the credits.
Maybe Goyer and Jo are starting with a first draft but, in the end, I think will be Chris who take in charge.
How wrong you are. David Goyer wrote the first draft of Batman Begins with Chris Nolan's input. Then Chris rewrote the script for the final draft.

You can read Goyer's draft here: http://www.google.it/url?sa=t&source=we ... hkawrwIPZg

On the other side, Goyer co-wrote the story for The Dark Knight with Christopher Nolan, while the actual script was written by Jonathan Nolan and (later rewritten by) Chris Nolan.
Do you know what it means "credits"? Do you. Maybe he collaborate with the writing, like I said, but the credits were to the Nolans. It could be a reason for that.
Eternalist wrote:I agree that he's much better when writing with the Nolans, but I still think his involvement in writing should be kept to a minimum. He knows his comics when it comes to Batman, but his knowledge doesn't translate into writing skill.
I agree with that.
Batman begins / TDK :thumbup: Vs. Blade/ The Unborn / Jumper :thumbdown:

Can you see the difference?

natalie wrote:
M.Engel wrote:
natalie wrote:David Goyer never has writing credits in the Batman movies. He just set the Story, maybe he colaborated in the writing process but were Chris and Jo who got the credit for that. Even in Batman Begins, I red somewhere (I think in a EW interview), Jo help his bro in the writing despite the fact that he isn't in the credits.
Maybe Goyer and Jo are starting with a first draft but, in the end, I think will be Chris who take in charge.
How wrong you are. David Goyer wrote the first draft of Batman Begins with Chris Nolan's input. Then Chris rewrote the script for the final draft.

You can read Goyer's draft here: http://www.google.it/url?sa=t&source=we ... hkawrwIPZg

On the other side, Goyer co-wrote the story for The Dark Knight with Christopher Nolan, while the actual script was written by Jonathan Nolan and (later rewritten by) Chris Nolan.
Do you know what it means "credits"? Do you. Maybe he collaborate with the writing, like I said, but the credits were to the Nolans. It could be a reason for that.
Did YOU READ the freakin' credits for Batman Begins?

Screenplay by Christopher Nolan and DAVID S. GOYER - He was credited for co-writing the screenplay of Batman Begins, and got a story credit for The Dark Knight.

So he co-wrote the script of Batman Begins (and was credited for it) with Christopher Nolan. And it seems he's co-writing the script for Batman 3 with Jonah Nolan.

M.Engel wrote:Well, it's clearly not an official announcement, but with Chris Nolan reportedly having an idea for Batman 3, and with Jonathan Nolan and David Goyer writing the script as Chris is finishing Inception, I'm pretty sure he'll fill the director's seat once more "in Gotham City".
It wouldn't suprise me :D

apw

natalie wrote:I agree with that.
Batman begins / TDK :thumbup: Vs. Blade/ The Unborn / Jumper :thumbdown:

Can you see the difference?
Exactly.