Morgan Freeman Speculates on a Sequel to The Dark Knight

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Morgan Freeman Speculates on a Sequel to The Dark Knight

Comic book movie fans should be thankful for actor Morgan Freeman, because he is one of the few members of The Dark Knight camp talking about a possible sequel. Back in December, Freeman said that director Christopher Nolan "couldn't possibly not be" working on a sequel, and confessed that he would like to see Batman tangle with Catwoman.

Now, Freeman is stoking the Batman 3 fire once again. In a recent interview with BBC Radio One, he admitted that nothing was "carved in stone," but that Warner Bros. has to be developing a sequel.
Well ... I always say, now I've been asked this question a number of times, and I don't think that Warner Brothers ... the board of directors ... the chairman or the president ... or any of those people are stupid.

Which means there's going to be another Batman movie.
As to the question of whether he will be asked to reprise the role of Bruce Wayne's confidante, Lucius Fox, Freeman was less certain.
We'll only know that when the script is written and the same guy's writing the third script, if there is to be one.
For his part, Nolan has not wanted to talk about making a sequel to The Dark Knight, instead focusing attention on his latest movie, the intellectual thriller Inception, due in theaters July 16.

http://www.reelzchannel.com/movie-news/ ... ark-knight

Well, there IS going to be another Batman movie, but the question is whether it will be a Nolan Batman movie.

Eternalist wrote:Well, there IS going to be another Batman movie, but the question is whether it will be a Nolan Batman movie.
exactly..

i think he will :) i'm pretty optimistic about this

Abbadon wrote:i think he will :) i'm pretty optimistic about this
So am I but if he CAN'T write one better than TDK (which I doubt) Then I think he should just drop out

since the dark knight was so popular and went well with critics
will it be a bigger financial success

#1fan wrote:since the dark knight was so popular and went well with critics
Will what? Batman 3? It'll probably get higher openings, but if the movie sucks, it might not be that great. Case in point, Spider Man 3. Spider Man 2 was popular with the audiences and critics, so Spider Man 3 got a great opening but tapered off pretty quickly because it wasn't that great.

That1 wrote:
#1fan wrote:since the dark knight was so popular and went well with critics
Will what? Batman 3? It'll probably get higher openings, but if the movie sucks, it might not be that great. Case in point, Spider Man 3. Spider Man 2 was popular with the audiences and critics, so Spider Man 3 got a great opening but tapered off pretty quickly because it wasn't that great.
...Shrek 3, Pirates 3, Blade 3, Matrix revolutions, SW: Epidode 3...did you need more examples? It is the trequel curse. :o

But I still have some hope for Batman 3 if Nolan direct it.

natalie wrote: ...Shrek 3, Pirates 3, Blade 3, Matrix revolutions, SW: Epidode 3...did you need more examples? It is the trequel curse. :o

But I still have some hope for Batman 3 if Nolan direct it.
Haha :) In all fairness, I never liked Pirates 2 either. What's wrong with Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith? I rather liked it :(

Frankly I think the 'trequel curse' thing is a myth. There are some good 3rd movies out there - Bourne Ultimatum, Return of the King (I'm not a big LOTR fan but critics and people say this is a good movie), Prisoner of Azkaban (best HP movie IMO) come to mind ;)

One of the reasons the Matrix sequels or the Pirates sequels probably didn't live up to the original was because they weren't meant to be trilogies. I think they were developed as a single movie sort of story initially, not as a franchise.

I think Bourne is the best example thus far of a trilogy done right.

Haha :) In all fairness, I never liked Pirates 2 either. What's wrong with Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith? I rather liked it :(
Hayden Christensen? I'm a big SW fan but I really hate the new trilogy, I'm sorry. I still can't forgive Lucas.
Frankly I think the 'trequel curse' thing is a myth. There are some good 3rd movies out there - Bourne Ultimatum, Return of the King (I'm not a big LOTR fan but critics and people say this is a good movie), Prisoner of Azkaban (best HP movie IMO) come to mind ;)
I have faith that Toy Story 3 could break the corse for good. I'm not big fan of Bourne, the one was good, but then, it's like a Bond
reload. LOTR 3 was just the end (I think the one is the best). And I absolute agree with HP 3.
One of the reasons the Matrix sequels or the Pirates sequels probably didn't live up to the original was because they weren't meant to be trilogies. I think they were developed as a single movie sort of story initially, not as a franchise.
Maybe, that's true.