Hans Zimmer's TDKR Soundtrack

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
does anybody have the original chant that came with the Bane photo?

"Deh-Shay Bah-Sah-Rah"

Rashad28 wrote:"Deh-Shay Bah-Sah-Rah"
i think there's only 2 syllables in the 2nd word

the first word could pass for a Russian word for 1000, but then it doesnt really mean anything special in combination with the 2nd word

it doesnt help either that the guy chanting has an American accent.

mchekhov wrote:
Rashad28 wrote:"Deh-Shay Bah-Sah-Rah"
i think there's only 2 syllables in the 2nd word

the first word could pass for a Russian word for 1000, but then it doesnt really mean anything special in combination with the 2nd word

it doesnt help either that the guy chanting has an American accent.
talli thats the lyrics shown when recording the chant.

Here's a theory. Haven't read the whole thread to see if it's been brought up yet. but.

If you reverse this clip that Hans' is asking people to record - it sounds a LOT like the chanting at the end of the teaser.

I suspect since they are just going for a mass epic scale chant, the exact dead on pronunciation doesn't matter, it's pretty close. By reversing this, they're probably trying to hide what the chant is actually saying.

I've always thought the chant sounded like 'THIS IS ARKHAM. ARKHAM' ... Which, may make sense if the movie is about the prison breaking free and criminals taking over Gotham. Debatable, but you'll only know in the context of the movie.

I think they'll get 1,000 submissions and reverse it all just to sound like a huge crowd shouting 'this is arkham.'

Or, you can take it at face value and imagine this movie will have some nonsensical voodoo chants at the lazarus pit.

I'd give both 50/50

september11th wrote:I've always thought the chant sounded like 'THIS IS ARKHAM. ARKHAM' ... Which, may make sense if the movie is about the prison breaking free and criminals taking over Gotham. Debatable, but you'll only know in the context of the movie.
THIS IS FAIL. FAIL FAIL. THIS IS FAIL. FAIL FAIL.

september11th wrote:Here's a theory. Haven't read the whole thread to see if it's been brought up yet. but.

If you reverse this clip that Hans' is asking people to record - it sounds a LOT like the chanting at the end of the teaser.

I suspect since they are just going for a mass epic scale chant, the exact dead on pronunciation doesn't matter, it's pretty close. By reversing this, they're probably trying to hide what the chant is actually saying.

I've always thought the chant sounded like 'THIS IS ARKHAM. ARKHAM' ... Which, may make sense if the movie is about the prison breaking free and criminals taking over Gotham. Debatable, but you'll only know in the context of the movie.

I think they'll get 1,000 submissions and reverse it all just to sound like a huge crowd shouting 'this is arkham.'

Or, you can take it at face value and imagine this movie will have some nonsensical voodoo chants at the lazarus pit.

I'd give both 50/50

the chant is exactly as is without reversing it

according to somebody it's Moroccan, and "Deh-Shay Ba-sa-rah" translates to "He Rises"

it's a chant referencing Ra's al Ghul as I've suspected for a long time now.

Is there anyway to put our names there and then see your name in the credits? lol