TDKR IMAX prologue

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
SantomTheWhite wrote:this Edwards cinemas near me is playing Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol in IMAX. It's a regular theater that also plays IMAX for certain films...does that automatically mean that I'm going to see TDKR prologue?...or is it exclusively IMAX theaters only? I guess I'm just borderline paranoid because I saw I Am Legend at this same theater in IMAX and they showed TDR prologue. They have to be playing it.
I don't know dude, doesn't sound promising. That theater converted to digital in December of 2008 -- post TDK and TDK prologue.

If it's not in green on my list, you're probably, most certainly even, not seeing the prologue there: http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... 90#p273538

R2ind wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:Have called to see if it's 65mm? If you haven't, don't hold your breath.

I hate to be picky but 65mm is used for filming. The film is then printed onto 70mm film for projection. IMAX uses 15/70 film. 70mm film that is run horizontally. Each frame uses 15 perforations.

You could call every IMAX theatre in the world and find out that none of them play 65mm film. If you call an IMAX theatre, just ask if they use film or digital. If they use film you have the answer you want.
Yeah, I measured the film again, you're right.

Crazy Eight wrote:Yeah, I measured the film again, you're right.
You've got some IMAX film, cool. I love how the image is so big that you can actually hold it up to a light and see what is on it. With 35mm or smaller, you get up real close and kind of squint to see what images are on it. I have some with the countdown leader on it that I use for bookmarks.

R2ind wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:Yeah, I measured the film again, you're right.
You've got some IMAX film, cool. I love how the image is so big that you can actually hold it up to a light and see what is on it. With 35mm or smaller, you get up real close and kind of squint to see what images are on it. I have some with the countdown leader on it that I use for bookmarks.
I have some 35mm as well. The size difference is remarkable.

SantomTheWhite wrote:this Edwards cinemas near me is playing Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol in IMAX. It's a regular theater that also plays IMAX for certain films...does that automatically mean that I'm going to see TDKR prologue?...or is it exclusively IMAX theaters only? I guess I'm just borderline paranoid because I saw I Am Legend at this same theater in IMAX and they showed TDR prologue. They have to be playing it.
The Dark Rises
Sigs???

Epic! Thanks!

Forum Pro
Law
Hmm so it will be playing at Palisades, I may have to cancel the order at Lincoln Square and see it there..

I am BEGGING you guys to film it! Goddamn IMAX in Stockholm only playing documentaries and other sorts of crap and not proper films..