TDKR IMAX prologue

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
m4st4 wrote:They need to put this online in glorious HD soon after trailer.
Yes. Yes they do.

And thanks for the updated list Teddy. But I'm still SOL. I'm still trying to convince the wife that it's a good idea to drive six hours to Orlando to watch six minutes worth of footage.

But shes not buying it.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Just a suggestion:

Don't drive to Orlando for just 6 minutes of footage. Make a mini vacation out of it. See a Brad Bird movie, go out to dinner, get a nice hotel room. There must be a few other things you could find to do in Orlando.

So there is no chance regarding Digital IMAX and releasing prologue in HD?

It's not confirmed that it's playing 15-perf 70mm IMAX only, but it only seems more likely every day we get closer to December 16th. And considering that a proper version of the prologue for The Dark Knight didn't hit until until the Batman Begins blu-ray was released 6-7 months later, I don't expect Nolan and WB to release it digitally this time around either.

IMAX Corp is probably trying to get Nolan to "allow" them to play it in digital theaters. IMAX has stood by the claim that their digital screens provide an equal experience to their film screens. Not giving them highly anticipated content would essentially be IMAX admitting that their film screens are superior, which they've spend so long trying to convince people otherwise.

That's the thing that annoys the piss out of me about Digital IMAX; If they weren't so adamant about both systems being equal, and charging me the same damn $7 surcharge, I wouldn't be so quick to call the digital sytems Liemax. And I am saying that as a shareholder.

Damn, I really do not want to watch bootleg version, but looks like i wont have choice :cry:

I'll catch the bootleg the next day online.

Asanty wrote:Damn, I really do not want to watch bootleg version, but looks like i wont have choice :cry:
If it's any consolation, the bootlegs should be much better this time around.

TeddyBlass wrote:
George wrote:
AL
Birmingham - McWane Science Center
Will be playing Polar Express
Curse my God fearing hillbilly overly conservative state!

Any chance of an IMAX in Tuscaloosa?