TDKR IMAX prologue

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
As all of these "leaked" descriptions of the prologue have surfaced the last two weeks, one thing that is (seemingly) missing from them, which I believe makes them less credible, is the absence of a potential montage of random shots showcasing other aspects of the film. Like in TDK's prologue: after the bank robbery, it's a 15-sec montage of the Tumbler, the fire truck on fire, Joker shooting thin the street, etc.

In the Empire interview, Nolan says:
The Prologue is basically the first six, seven minutes of the film. It’s the introduction to Bane and a taste of the rest of the film.
Now he surely could be referring to "taste" as in the prologue itself will divulge the overall tone of the film, but I think it's going to follow the same logistical format of the prologue sequence from TDK. If this is accurate, then why weren't there accounts of this montage included in the "leaked" descriptions? I.e. "a shot of Catwoman _____" or "the Batwing ______" etc.

Just a thought.

Hm, Croatia, Zagreb is listed as ''true'' IMAX, and I don't have time to drive three hours just for prologue! :cry:

apw wrote:http://twitter.com/#!/BFI/status/141839859374505986
Batman fans! A six-minute prologue of the Dark Knight Rises will show before Mission: Impossible screenings @BFI IMAX
BFI IMAX have finally confirmed they will be showing. I'll be there on the 21st.
great :twothumbsup:

Barrett wrote:In the Empire interview, Nolan says:
The Prologue is basically the first six, seven minutes of the film. It’s the introduction to Bane and a taste of the rest of the film.
Now he surely could be referring to "taste" as in the prologue itself will divulge the overall tone of the film, but I think it's going to follow the same logistical format of the prologue sequence from TDK. If this is accurate, then why weren't there accounts of this montage included in the "leaked" descriptions? I.e. "a shot of Catwoman _____" or "the Batwing ______" etc.

Just a thought.
Nolan said "a taste of the rest of the film." Which alludes to a small montage. He would've said "and a taste of the film" if it were pertaining to the prologue.

Rashad28 wrote:
Barrett wrote:In the Empire interview, Nolan says:

Just a thought.
Nolan said "a taste of the rest of the film." Which alludes to a small montage. He would've said "and a taste of the film" if it were pertaining to the prologue.

not necessarily

the joker bank heist IS a taste of the rest of the film, because it's part of the film.

the joker bank heist IS a taste of the rest of the film, because it's part of the film.
The last prologue also had a series of shots from the rest of the film... giving us a taste. Everything we've seen so far is following the template they established on the last film. Which has me hoping they will have sneak previews of the prologue before MI4 opens. That would be cool!

R2ind wrote:
The last prologue also had a series of shots from the rest of the film... giving us a taste. Everything we've seen so far is following the template they established on the last film. Which has me hoping they will have sneak previews of the prologue before MI4 opens. That would be cool!
I think we will get a couple of quick shots from the rest of the film at the end of the prologue. Nothing major, and nothing real spoilery though.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Agreed, 5:40 mins of prologue and then 20 seconds with flashes of imagery. Crumbling towers from teaser, Bane in Heinz Field, Gordon on the lorry, Alfred and Bruce saying something deep, John Blake pulling out a gun, Batwing rising from underground.

thedisabledcubicle wrote: Batwing rising from underground.
Would love to see that shot.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

R2ind wrote:
It was a taste OF the film. Being that it was first 6 minutes.