TDKR IMAX prologue

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
movieman1005 wrote:
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
That lil' squeal he does :lol:
What a pussy
"OWWW!"
Sigs???

Anyone care to guess why the prologue wasn't shown in digital theaters but WAS shown in dome theaters?

solo2001 wrote:Anyone care to guess why the prologue wasn't shown in digital theaters but WAS shown in dome theaters?
Most dome theaters use 70mm. Chris doesn't so much care how big the screen was that people saw it on, just the projection medium.

I suppose, I just find it odd since dome IMAX's are known to distort the picture.

I know there are a lot of 70mm die-hards on here, but I would much rather watch an IMAX digital projection on a large flat screen than a film projection on a smaller screen or a dome.

EnzoTheBaker wrote:I know there are a lot of 70mm die-hards on here, but I would much rather watch an IMAX digital projection on a large flat screen than a film projection on a smaller screen or a dome.
Same here. 70mm is cool looking for sure, but I don't mind IMAX Digital, at all.

In all honesty, the prologue should have been shown in front of all IMAX presentations of MI:4; regardless of the format medium. Digital and 70mm projections have their differences but we can all agree both look great.

MSUspartans2211 wrote:In all honesty, the prologue should have been shown in front of all IMAX presentations of MI:4; regardless of the format medium. Digital and 70mm projections have their differences but we can all agree both look great.
Agreed. Especially since there isn't a 70mm here in Georgia that show's first run films. :judge:
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

DoubleD wrote:
MSUspartans2211 wrote:In all honesty, the prologue should have been shown in front of all IMAX presentations of MI:4; regardless of the format medium. Digital and 70mm projections have their differences but we can all agree both look great.
Agreed. Especially since there isn't a 70mm here in Georgia that show's first run films. :judge:
I was so disappointed that Georgia, better yet Atlanta, doesn't have one. I'm pretty sure Fernback Natural History Museum downtown has a 70mm screen but they don't show first run films like you said.

MSUspartans2211 wrote:
DoubleD wrote:
I was so disappointed that Georgia, better yet Atlanta, doesn't have one. I'm pretty sure Fernback Natural History Museum downtown has a 70mm screen but they don't show first run films like you said.
They're showing MI:4 starting Friday, and they've announced they're showing TDKR opening day! I live in Columbus, so I'm so pumped about this.