TDKR IMAX prologue

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
steveportee wrote:
thedisabledcubicle wrote:Yes, he's cocky and sarcastic, but he grants a dangerous criminal way too much time and space. Okay, so the CIA guy is in the dominant position; they're in a plane surrounded by his armed guys. But if he's clearly heard about Bane and mentions his size... shouldn't he have a gun pointed at his head and put a few more handcuffs on him. Maybe make him lay face down.

He grants him too much 'personal respect'.
Bane is already handcuffed, and there are armed guards on board the plane.
Thats the whole point of his character, though. Fatally over confident.
Who wouldn't be confident with armed men at their disposal?
Exactly.
Sigs???

thedisabledcubicle wrote:Of course. He's on a plane, surrounded by his own guys. But the CIA guy should really put the pressure on Bane again. He grants him too much time.

Even the plane is a little too comfortable. All those cushioned seats. Put the hostages in cages (like the ones in Con-Air).

I'm not trying to tear down the scene. I like it. But I'm trying to vocalise that I think the CIA guy's weaknesses are overconfidence and too much respect for Bane.
Bane's strengths are dedicated followers, surprising technological support and methodical planning.
They're trying to scare them into giving away information not humiliate them. Pointing a gun to someones head when he's already surrounded by several soldiers with assault rifles on a plane is superfluous. As for the plane being too "comfortable" , they were only expecting Dr. Pavel whom they had already executed a deal with. He has the prisoners bounded and blindfolded why should he interrogate them with humility? Bane would obviously be worth more to the CIA alive so I don't know what you mean by giving him too much time.
"When art imitates life"

dafox wrote:
thedisabledcubicle wrote:Of course. He's on a plane, surrounded by his own guys. But the CIA guy should really put the pressure on Bane again. He grants him too much time.

Even the plane is a little too comfortable. All those cushioned seats. Put the hostages in cages (like the ones in Con-Air).

I'm not trying to tear down the scene. I like it. But I'm trying to vocalise that I think the CIA guy's weaknesses are overconfidence and too much respect for Bane.
Bane's strengths are dedicated followers, surprising technological support and methodical planning.
They're trying to scare them into giving away information not humiliate them. Pointing a gun to someones head when he's already surrounded by several soldiers with assault rifles on a plane is superfluous. As for the plane being too "comfortable" , they were only expecting Dr. Pavel whom they had already executed a deal with. He has the prisoners bounded and blindfolded why should he interrogate them with humility? Bane would obviously be worth more to the CIA alive so I don't know what you mean by giving him too much time.
Agreed on all accounts. From the CIA Agent's reaction, it seems that Bane has created his own legend. I relate the surprise meeting as one would if meeting The Bat Man, or as you or I would if we bumped into one of these actors. There's likely a certain element of admiration, even if the legend of Bane is one to be afraid of. As indicated, Bane's secured (cuffed?) on his plane. CIA Agent appears to have the upper hand. There's a difference between being over confident and completely surprised.

Boy oh boy this thing is getting more ANALysed then I expected.

If you really want to analyse it; then why doesn't Bane simply kill the CIA guys on the ground. Spray Pavel's blood all over one of those burning vehicles, throw a body in and then set it on fire? Why is it so necessary to attack them in the sky?

You could argue that as good as Bane's men are, they wouldn't win a ground battle with the CIA/American military. It's elaborate and shocking, but it's Bane's masterstroke to get a group of highly trained officers into the most confined and vulnerable place possible (a metal tube soaring in the sky). As well as the element of surprise Bane has taken away every possible advantage for them.
Bane will do the same against Batman. He will take away Batman's weapons and gadgets (or at least give himself the same vehicles), remove the GCPD, control the battlefield (Gotham central) and then take Batman on one-on-one. Even later, it looks as though Batman is having to fight during daylight, completely removing his stealth.

thedisabledcubicle wrote:If you really want to analyse it; then why doesn't Bane simply kill the CIA guys on the ground. Spray Pavel's blood all over one of those burning vehicles, throw a body in and then set it on fire? Why is it so necessary to attack them in the sky?

You could argue that as good as Bane's men are, they wouldn't win a ground battle with the CIA/American military. It's elaborate and shocking, but it's Bane's masterstroke to get a group of highly trained officers into the most confined and vulnerable place possible (a metal tube soaring in the sky). As well as the element of surprise Bane has taken away every possible advantage for them.
Bane will do the same against Batman. He will take away Batman's weapons and gadgets (or at least give himself the same vehicles), remove the GCPD, control the battlefield (Gotham central) and then take Batman on one-on-one. Even later, it looks as though Batman is having to fight during daylight, completely removing his stealth.
You just contradicted yourself in a very confusing way :facepalm: You're also forgetting that Bane was also trying to figure out what the CIA knows about him and obviously you can't do that by assaulting them on the ground
"When art imitates life"

thedisabledcubicle wrote:If you really want to analyse it; then why doesn't Bane simply kill the CIA guys on the ground. Spray Pavel's blood all over one of those burning vehicles, throw a body in and then set it on fire? Why is it so necessary to attack them in the sky?
Awful idea. He needed to use Skyhook (as an example of how he mirrors Bruce Wayne and can steal his technology). :judge:

dafox wrote:

You just contradicted yourself in a very confusing way :facepalm: You're also forgetting that Bane was also trying to figure out what the CIA knows about him and obviously you can't do that by assaulting them on the ground
Yes, I was intentionally over analysing the scene by investigating why the scene needs to occur at all.

Allstar wrote:I have to admit if the footage comes online no way I am not watching but I have to say no chance I am seeing MI in IMAX. :lol:
I actually enjoyed Ghost Protocol.
Give it a chance, let your inner Nolan fanatic spirit take you over.

07202012 wrote:
Allstar wrote:I have to admit if the footage comes online no way I am not watching but I have to say no chance I am seeing MI in IMAX. :lol:
I actually enjoyed Ghost Protocol.
Give it a chance, let your inner Nolan fanatic spirit take you over.
I HATED Ghost Protocol. It felt like a 2 hour Tom and Jerry cartoon. It felt like there was nothing happening but people running around after each other with cat-and-mouse music playing in the background for more than 2 hours.