Rob Brown joins the cast

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
And besides that, have you ever seen average citizen on press conferences like that? They shout in the same cheesy way. These one-liner guys who shouted "No more dead cops", etc. are way more realistic than you would think.

DHOPW42 wrote:And besides that, have you ever seen average citizen on press conferences like that? They shout in the same cheesy way. These one-liner guys who shouted "No more dead cops", etc. are way more realistic than you would think.
I agree with that, I've never really had a problem with that scene. It's a pretty realistic portrayal of what someone would actually do if that press conference were real.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Cilogy wrote:
DHOPW42 wrote:And besides that, have you ever seen average citizen on press conferences like that? They shout in the same cheesy way. These one-liner guys who shouted "No more dead cops", etc. are way more realistic than you would think.
I agree with that, I've never really had a problem with that scene. It's a pretty realistic portrayal of what someone would actually do if that press conference were real.
Yeah, definitely. People are really that theatrical and cheesy in real life.

DHOPW42 wrote:
Cilogy wrote: I agree with that, I've never really had a problem with that scene. It's a pretty realistic portrayal of what someone would actually do if that press conference were real.
Yeah, definitely. People are really that theatrical and cheesy in real life.
Good point. Very true.

[rant]
They yell things like that, yes. I've heard more absurd lines at real press conferences. But I disagree that the delivery matched what occurs in reality. In my opinion, it felt like they were trying too hard; the pauses didn't fit right, and it felt overly controlled. Even the crowd applause felt artificial. Sort of on cue, like you hear on TV shows with live audiences. It failed to capture what should have been a more chaotic moment. This, for instance, is an out-of-control press conference.

Robin wrote:Nothing wrong with a short scene like that in a batman/comic-book/popcorn movie, and it's there for moving the plot and characters along. If anything poor screenwriting - not the actors fault.

Give me a fucking break with this unessacery fanboy nitpicking. Its a Batman movie, not citizen kane. Its so irrelevant and uncreative to attack scenes like this, you can pull out 5-6 of these scenes from almost any film. Just because some other fanboys has complained (and boy do they nitpick) about this in the past dosnt make it the end of the world. Think for yourself
I nitpick Nolan because I love him. Yes, every other comic book movie has these sort of scenes; in fact, I would say almost all of them have more corny moments, from the original Superman films, to Burton's Batman series, to the range of Marvel movies being churned out right now. But I'm not on here because I'm a huge comic book fan. I'm on here because I'm a Nolan fan. I believe he is capable of creating a Citizen Kane. And his trilogy is, if nothing else, an exercise in how believable a superhero movie can be. So to praise the movie for its realism, and then act like we don't care whether it's realistic or not seems disingenuous.

Now, if entertainment is the only standard, then Nolan obviously met and far exceeded it. And no one line in the film can change that, no matter how the delivery is. But if the goal is higher, if Nolan aspires towards something like art or perfection or greatness, then I think criticism is appropriate. And I have to disagree with the idea that there was "nothing wrong" with a scene like that. It had a couple of things wrong with it, and to ignore those would be a disservice to a different scene that Nolan executed absolutely perfectly. Also, I don't know that many people hold this view, but I disagree with the entire idea that there's a real distinction between a great film and a popcorn film. I have just as much respect for Raiders of the Lost Ark as I do for Schindler's List. The types of enjoyment might be different, but they both provide the same amount of enjoyment and the same quality of production.

But let me qualify this; commenting on a few flaws doesn't all imply that I disliked the movie. It is arguably the best superhero film or comic book adaptation ever made. I even find this scene to be well done, despite being let down slightly by the extras. In fact, I only criticize the little details when I'm dealing with a magnificent film. For anything less than that, it's pointless. The problem with Disaster Movie is that it's an hour and a half too long, and it's not worth my time to spell out everything that they specifically did wrong. But when you have a film like The Dark Knight - flawed, yes, but a numerable amount of flaws - then the discussion of what was and wasn't wrong with it becomes fascinating. It's not an insult to the movie. It's a flaw noticeable only because it's contrasted with the near perfection of a great movie.
[/rant]

Still don't see the problem with that scene and there is nothing that is a "perfect move". Godfather, Breathless, Pulp Fiction all has their "flaws", depending on who's wathching. And one-liners like this is in ANY film. Just look at last years Figher, Social Network, True Grit, Black Swan and take your picks - there is plenty of em.

I never wrote that popcorn movies dosn't have as much value as other films. In fact, its far more difficult to make something thats working for both the mainstream and the movie buffs. Thats in contrast to the avantgard abstract films who plays to an limited audience, and is logistically and often even artistically easier to make. No question that it takes less from Lynch to make Inland Empire than Nolan with The Dark Knight. That was never a point of mine.

But I hate the internet fanboys for their lack of knowledge about film and the constant irrelevant nitpicking on certain aspects on films they actually like. No point, and its just annoying years after its release. Star Wars and Raiders of the Lost Ark has so many dated momentes people could ripp on, but since those movies werent released in the internet age and people that loves them don't. So why dosnt fanboys take on older movies? Because they read somewere on the internet that those movies already is classics so they have no flaws right.
@sammyjankis88

Well written...

I think those discussions about such a scene can only come up in the internet. It's a problem of our internet-generation. It gives us anonymity and make us so fast to a fanboy or a hater. You can rant on anything without any basis of arguments and you can flee from every controversial. That is enough for some people to make them to experts in every discipline. Suddenly they can talk about things they never could and suddenly somebody is forced to listen to them.

Why not using these points to make yourself onetime in your life believable?

Robin wrote:Still don't see the problem with that scene and there is nothing that is a "perfect move". Godfather, Breathless, Pulp Fiction all has their "flaws", depending on who's wathching. And one-liners like this is in ANY film. Just look at last years Figher, Social Network, True Grit, Black Swan and take your picks - there is plenty of em.

I never wrote that popcorn movies dosn't have as much value as other films. In fact, its far more difficult to make something thats working for both the mainstream and the movie buffs. Thats in contrast to the avantgard abstract films who plays to an limited audience, and is logistically and often even artistically easier to make. No question that it takes less from Lynch to make Inland Empire than Nolan with The Dark Knight. That was never a point of mine.

But I hate the internet fanboys for their lack of knowledge about film and the constant irrelevant nitpicking on certain aspects on films they actually like. No point, and its just annoying years after its release. Star Wars and Raiders of the Lost Ark has so many dated momentes people could ripp on, but since those movies werent released in the internet age and people that loves them don't. So why dosnt fanboys take on older movies? Because they read somewere on the internet that those movies already is classics so they have no flaws right.
Anything prior to 1990 has immunity in the Fanboy community. You should know that. :ugeek:

EnzoTheBaker wrote:[rant]
They yell things like that, yes. I've heard more absurd lines at real press conferences. But I disagree that the delivery matched what occurs in reality. In my opinion, it felt like they were trying too hard; the pauses didn't fit right, and it felt overly controlled. Even the crowd applause felt artificial. Sort of on cue, like you hear on TV shows with live audiences. It failed to capture what should have been a more chaotic moment. This, for instance, is an out-of-control press conference.

Robin wrote:Nothing wrong with a short scene like that in a batman/comic-book/popcorn movie, and it's there for moving the plot and characters along. If anything poor screenwriting - not the actors fault.

Give me a f***ing break with this unessacery fanboy nitpicking. Its a Batman movie, not citizen kane. Its so irrelevant and uncreative to attack scenes like this, you can pull out 5-6 of these scenes from almost any film. Just because some other fanboys has complained (and boy do they nitpick) about this in the past dosnt make it the end of the world. Think for yourself
I nitpick Nolan because I love him. Yes, every other comic book movie has these sort of scenes; in fact, I would say almost all of them have more corny moments, from the original Superman films, to Burton's Batman series, to the range of Marvel movies being churned out right now. But I'm not on here because I'm a huge comic book fan. I'm on here because I'm a Nolan fan. I believe he is capable of creating a Citizen Kane. And his trilogy is, if nothing else, an exercise in how believable a superhero movie can be. So to praise the movie for its realism, and then act like we don't care whether it's realistic or not seems disingenuous.

Now, if entertainment is the only standard, then Nolan obviously met and far exceeded it. And no one line in the film can change that, no matter how the delivery is. But if the goal is higher, if Nolan aspires towards something like art or perfection or greatness, then I think criticism is appropriate. And I have to disagree with the idea that there was "nothing wrong" with a scene like that. It had a couple of things wrong with it, and to ignore those would be a disservice to a different scene that Nolan executed absolutely perfectly. Also, I don't know that many people hold this view, but I disagree with the entire idea that there's a real distinction between a great film and a popcorn film. I have just as much respect for Raiders of the Lost Ark as I do for Schindler's List. The types of enjoyment might be different, but they both provide the same amount of enjoyment and the same quality of production.

But let me qualify this; commenting on a few flaws doesn't all imply that I disliked the movie. It is arguably the best superhero film or comic book adaptation ever made. I even find this scene to be well done, despite being let down slightly by the extras. In fact, I only criticize the little details when I'm dealing with a magnificent film. For anything less than that, it's pointless. The problem with Disaster Movie is that it's an hour and a half too long, and it's not worth my time to spell out everything that they specifically did wrong. But when you have a film like The Dark Knight - flawed, yes, but a numerable amount of flaws - then the discussion of what was and wasn't wrong with it becomes fascinating. It's not an insult to the movie. It's a flaw noticeable only because it's contrasted with the near perfection of a great movie.
[/rant]
'Tis a fair point, but so is Robin's. It doesn't really matter as long as a couple of seconds don't ruin the film as a whole for you.