[SPOILERS] The Final Scene

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I heard something like Nolan planned the ending for a very long time (maybe around TDK's pre-production). Is it true?

jackjack wrote:Well.... If somebody needs to watch this movie 3 times to understand it's content.... that tells you something about intentions filmmakers had.... to confuse audience... simple story told in language hard to comprehend

Maybe they have ADD or just can't understand the comprehension of the narrative of this film or films in general...unless the films are one dimensional dumbed down for them to understand.

haha

I've already posted this in the General Info thread and the 'when does the script come out' thread as well, but I thought it would be relevant to post here was well since it's interesting to compare to the final fim.. In case you didn't know, I just finished transcribing the TDKR script from the trilogy screenplays book, proof-read tomorrow then upload, but for now...

Blake RISES.

:shock:

:)

:-D

:tooexcited:

antovolk wrote:I've already posted this in the General Info thread and the 'when does the script come out' thread as well, but I thought it would be relevant to post here was well since it's interesting to compare to the final fim.. In case you didn't know, I just finished transcribing the TDKR script from the trilogy screenplays book, proof-read tomorrow then upload, but for now...
Ok, so people, I've got something to tell you:
BRUCE IS ALIVE AT THE END... What a surprise isn't it? 8-)

Batcat wrote:
antovolk wrote:I've already posted this in the General Info thread and the 'when does the script come out' thread as well, but I thought it would be relevant to post here was well since it's interesting to compare to the final fim.. In case you didn't know, I just finished transcribing the TDKR script from the trilogy screenplays book, proof-read tomorrow then upload, but for now...
Ok, so people, I've got something to tell you:
Go home now!

IamTheKnight wrote:
Batcat wrote: Ok, so people, I've got something to tell you:
Go home now!
:eh:

I just saw the film for the second time. I think I was better able to follow some details in the plot simply because it was not a midnight showing that I was amped up for. I saw the film earlier in the day and was able to take it for what it was rather than what I hoped it would be.

As for the ending, I used to think that...
the ending suggested that Blake could take over for Bruce as Batman or Possibly become Nightwing.

Now I think that the ending suggests that Bruce might come back as Batman if needed, Blake is there to be his Robin (in a mask), Selina could continue to be as ambiguous and amoral as she has been, and Alfred and Fox are around too. True that Alfred wants Bruce to give up being Batman, and that Bruce and Selina wanted a fresh start but I don't care. IMO They will never be able to escape who they have become. We will never see any of their exploits - which is probably for the best - but I like the idea that the characters are all still in play.

Last edited by CallMeSelina on April 30th, 2015, 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

CallMeSelina wrote:
jazz-guitarist wrote:I just saw the film for the second time. I think I was better able to follow some details in the plot simply because it was not a midnight showing that I was amped up for. I saw the film earlier in the day and was able to take it for what it was rather than what I hoped it would be.

As for the ending, I used to think that...
the ending suggested that Blake could take over for Bruce as Batman or Possibly become Nightwing.

Now I think that the ending suggests that Bruce might come back as Batman if needed, Blake is there to be his Robin (in a mask), Selina could continue to be as ambiguous and amoral as she has been, and Alfred and Fox are around too. True that Alfred wants Bruce to give up being Batman, and that Bruce and Selina wanted a fresh start but I don't care. IMO They will never be able to escape who they have become. We will never see any of their exploits - which is probably for the best - but I like the idea that the characters are all still in play.
I honestly wonder,
If Nolan didn't put that line in there at the end -- "You should use your full name. I like that name... Robin." Not as many people would say he's going to be Robin. I don't know that that's what they were going for. I wouldn't think that that's it.

I think Nolan is leaving it so that people can form their own opinions on what happens next, but as I see it, Bruce and Selina can't keep away from who they are. Fresh start or not, they're going to need greater closure than just that. If that's true, Blake is just going to continue what he was doing before, perhaps without a mask. Or, to honor Bruce's words, time, effort, and equipment, he'll probably utilize those resources.

I just think it's left in a very gray area so that the universe of the Dark Knight can carry on.
I know. I basically just restated what you did, didn't I? But... that first point. That's all.
I agree, I LOVE the ending because it's basically made so everyone can continue it in their own way! IMO, those kind of endings always are the BEST endings!
But personaly, I prefer to see the end like Bruce starting a new life over with Selina far away from Gotham, and Robin taking his place rather he's really Robin or a new Batman ;)