[SPOILERS] The Final Scene

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
All of the spoilers regarding the ending have left me cold.

Everything I read before from Nolan seemed to suggest the ending of this film was going to have a finality about it that would make the possibility for any continuation of the story impossible. So I wanted the film to end on a definite and resounding note where it would be made clear that this is the end of Nolan's take on Batman.

Instead I'm hearing all these rumours (i.e John Blake finding the Batcave) about the film having an ending that leaves the door open for some kind of offshoot from the story which I think is wrong because I thought Nolan was giving us a complete and self contained take on Batman which would be given total closure in the third and final film of the trilogy.

I just don't like the sound of this trilogy ending with the door left open for some kind of continuation of the story. I want this film to be the definitive end of the story Nolan has given us.

Oh and the cafe scene ending still sounds terrible as well.

After seeing the movie this morning, I too was a bit let down by the ending, but I also liked it just because it weirdly set up
Robin
. People have been wanting a Batman Beyond movie for quite some time and the way this ends, it's the perfect set up for that.

Also, I felt that the
whole Batman dining in a nuclear explosion
was a bit cartoony and definitely not something Nolan would do.

CalebH92 wrote:After seeing the movie this morning, I too was a bit let down by the ending, but I also liked it just because it weirdly set up
Robin
. People have been wanting a Batman Beyond movie for quite some time and the way this ends, it's the perfect set up for that.

Also, I felt that the
Did you read any of these spoilers before seeing the film? If so, did it maybe lessen the impact of the ending for you?

I saw the film without reading any of these spoilers and I loved the ending. Really can't wait to see it again Thursday night

I kinda feel bad for people who read the ending spoilers. You guys should really see it in the context of the film, I think you'll appreciate the ending more

hotsauce32 wrote:
Did you read any of these spoilers before seeing the film? If so, did it maybe lessen the impact of the ending for you?

I saw the film without reading any of these spoilers and I loved the ending. Really can't wait to see it again Thursday night

I kinda feel bad for people who read the ending spoilers. You guys should really see it in the context of the film, I think you'll appreciate the ending more
No, I steered clear of spoilers. I can't wait to see it again either, I've got a big group going Saturday night. I mean, the ending was just so huge that I couldn't even process what was happening fast enough to cry lol. I wanted to cry so hard, but I just couldn't. Then I got a headache from the excitement :P

Also, I know this is thread is about the ending scene, but did anyone else still have a hard time understanding Bane during parts of the movie? I swear one of his lines was just "Take this and then I'm going to afjdfsdfuhifhhhgddss"

CalebH92 wrote:
hotsauce32 wrote:

No, I steered clear of spoilers. I can't wait to see it again either, I've got a big group going Saturday night. I mean, the ending was just so huge that I couldn't even process what was happening fast enough to cry lol. I wanted to cry so hard, but I just couldn't. Then I got a headache from the excitement :P

Also, I know this is thread is about the ending scene, but did anyone else still have a hard time understanding Bane during parts of the movie? I swear one of his lines was just "Take this and then I'm going to afjdfsdfuhifhhhgddss"
Yeah I had just a little trouble with the Bane voice too. I think it was more to do with the accent than the mask. Likewise, I had trouble making out some of Gordon's and Tate's lines

idealist wrote:All of the spoilers regarding the ending have left me cold.

Everything I read before from Nolan seemed to suggest the ending of this film was going to have a finality about it that would make the possibility for any continuation of the story impossible. So I wanted the film to end on a definite and resounding note where it would be made clear that this is the end of Nolan's take on Batman.

Instead I'm hearing all these rumours (i.e John Blake finding the Batcave) about the film having an ending that leaves the door open for some kind of offshoot from the story which I think is wrong because I thought Nolan was giving us a complete and self contained take on Batman which would be given total closure in the third and final film of the trilogy.

I just don't like the sound of this trilogy ending with the door left open for some kind of continuation of the story. I want this film to be the definitive end of the story Nolan has given us.

Oh and the cafe scene ending still sounds terrible as well.
I am with you 100%. This has "studio ending" written all over it.

I expect it to feel anti climactic. The whole Catwoman killing off the villian in this feels so damn weak... I also understand she gives some ridiculous quip comment after doing it.

Nolan is finishing Batman off too look very weak... Batman know requires someones physical intervention (a females at that) to get through the day... awesome stuff Nolan... thanks so much.

I could even handle Gordon assisting Batman being that he was there from the beginning and they have been a legit team from the get go.

It is a bad sign when you introduce 2 characters this late in the trilogy game that seem to be a larger impact to the story that the main character.

The only saving grace is that with the way The Dark Knight ended... you could pretend that Nolan just shut it down there

Nolan had final cut . See the film before judging . Regardless it was his call

TJ418 wrote:Nolan had final cut . See the film before judging . Regardless it was his call
Then I guess he completely lost his mind.

Sorry, I know this is the "Nolan Can't Do No Wrong - Love Boards" but give me a break... sometimes you gotta call it like it is.

This ending does not do the journey of Batman justice.

The way it reads I think the movie will be watchable until
the Catwoman Tumbler cannon thing.

Soap141 wrote:
TJ418 wrote:Nolan had final cut . See the film before judging . Regardless it was his call
Then I guess he completely lost his mind.

Sorry, I know this is the "Nolan Can't Do No Wrong - Love Boards" but give me a break... sometimes you gotta call it like it is.

This ending does not do the journey of Batman justice.

The way it reads I think the movie will be watchable until
the Catwoman Tumbler cannon thing.
Did you even see the film ? Nolan knows what he is doing

hotsauce32 wrote:
CalebH92 wrote:After seeing the movie this morning, I too was a bit let down by the ending, but I also liked it just because it weirdly set up
Robin

Also, I felt that the

So since you two saw the film, would you be willing to definitively answer the question about
Batman/Bruce's fate? Is the cafe ending legit (he retires)?
Thanks guys!