[SPOILERS] The Final Scene

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
We have a thread for the opening sequence, but I was wondering what's everyone's take on what will be the final scene or shot that will end Nolans Batman trilogy.

Could it be....
Batman dying like many have speculated.
Or could it be something like Batman perched on top of a building with the bat symbol in the sky.

Or possibly even a cliffhanger.

Thoughts.....
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Whatever happens, I don't think the film will end with a cliffhanger. Nolan has said he wants to conclude Bruce Wayne's story and
the next Batman film is rumored to be a reboot and not a sequel
, so Nolan's trilogy will probably stand on its own.

As for
Bruce dying,
I think that, if it happens, it will not necessarily be the very last scene in the film.
I don't know, I'm so curious! Part of me would love it if the last scene were another monologue by Gordon also because it would mean that Gordon is still alive by the end of the film. :lol:

Gordon and Alfred exchange handshakes and then, after a pause, warm hugs as they meet in a bustling Nepalese village. Gordon unsuccessfully attempts to hide his crutches from the tanned, white-shirted Alfred.
Batman has publically died, they coyly note, but Gordon mentions that Catwoman and "new vigilantes" are maintaining his legend all over the world.
The duo trek up to a mountain-top monastery in the pre-dawn haze. Alfred puts a reassuring arm around Gordon as he struggles across the final plateau.
The monastery's wooden doors crack open triumphantly and the two old-men enter. Appearing humble beneath the ornate frame, the doors then slowly close.
A single blue flower trembles in the cold wind on a clifftop. As the camera pans out the single flower is met by hundreds more and a sunrise breaks across the horizon.

The Dark Knight Rises

*orgasm*

Wow, cubicle that scene actually sounds pretty cool. I'd watch it.

Funeral scene of Bruce Wayne with everyone that survived being there - Gordon, the mayor, Blake, Selina, Alfred, etc.

After the funeral, Alfred assists Selina to a heavily tinted car. Alfred takes the driver's seat while Selina goes to the back seat where Bruce is waiting. Cue some dialogue between them about whether people bought his "funeral" and how his "death" will inspire people, blah, blah, blah. Or instead of Bruce waiting in the back seat, Alfred takes Selina to some far off location where we see Bruce waiting. Cue the same dialogue.

I vote "no" on the Nepalese monastery ending. This isn't a Kung Fu movie.

I'm gonna throw this out there:
The Batman is dead. But Bruce is still alive.
10 years later, a young boy is reading a Batman comic in the back of a circus trailer. Bruce Wayne walks up to him, introduces himself, and tells him he's looking forward to his family's act that night at the circus. The boy smiles at Bruce, tells him that someday he wants to be Batman and go on adventures . Bruce tells him that Batman isn't about adventures, but about doing good in the world. The boy asks how he can do good in the world. Bruce replies, "Even the smallest of us can do marvelous things, when they stand up for what is right." Bruce asks the boy what his name is. Dick Grayon.

Fade Out.
And as much as I like the Nolanverse... it's gonna have to go eventually. Bring on the reboot, and the actual Batverse, so that the Penguin, and Killer Croc, and Poison Ivy, and Solomon Grundy, and the Mad Hatter can all have a go.

darkest_knight wrote:I vote "no" on the Nepalese monastery ending. This isn't a Kung Fu movie.

10 years later, a young boy is reading a Batman comic in the back of a circus trailer. Bruce Wayne walks up to him, introduces himself, and tells him he's looking forward to his family's act that night at the circus. The boy smiles at Bruce, tells him that someday he wants to be Batman and go on adventures . Bruce tells him that Batman isn't about adventures, but about doing good in the world. The boy asks how he can do good in the world. Bruce replies, "Even the smallest of us can do marvelous things, when they stand up for what is right." Bruce asks the boy what his name is. Dick Grayon.

Fade Out.
And as much as I like the Nolanverse... it's gonna have to go eventually. Bring on the reboot, and the actual Batverse, so that the Penguin, and Killer Croc, and Poison Ivy, and Solomon Grundy, and the Mad Hatter call have a go.
:sick: :facepalm: Oh god no. I'm sick of reading all these fan boy fetishes with Robin being in the ending somehow. Just....NO :lol:

darkest_knight wrote:I'm gonna throw this out there:

Fade Out.
And as much as I like the Nolanverse... it's gonna have to go eventually. Bring on the reboot, and the actual Batverse, so that the Penguin, and Killer Croc, and Poison Ivy, and Solomon Grundy, and the Mad Hatter can all have a go.
:|

darkest_knight wrote:I vote "no" on the Nepalese monastery ending. This isn't a Kung Fu movie.

Fade Out.
And as much as I like the Nolanverse... it's gonna have to go eventually. Bring on the reboot, and the actual Batverse, so that the Penguin, and Killer Croc, and Poison Ivy, and Solomon Grundy, and the Mad Hatter call have a go.
Bale said he'd walk away from the series if Robin was ever in it, and Nolan agreed that the character wouldn't fit in his universe. People need to accept that Grayson/Robin won't even make a cameo in Nolan's Batman films.

Actual Batverse? Ra's, Scarecrow, Two Face, the Joker, Bane, and Catwoman across three films isn't enough for you? :lol:

Fade Out.
First of all, I'm not a fan of Robin and hope hes doesn't show up at all, but this would be funny as hell has a post credits scene.

For me, I'd love if it was
Batman perched high up on a building ledge with a Gordon voice over with the bat symbol in the background and just has Batman stands up.

The Dark Knight Rises
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."