[SPOILERS] The Final Scene

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
TalkOnCorners wrote:
Funeral scene of Bruce Wayne with everyone that survived being there - Gordon, the mayor, Blake, Selina, Alfred, etc.

After the funeral, Alfred assists Selina to a heavily tinted car. Alfred takes the driver's seat while Selina goes to the back seat where Bruce is waiting. Cue some dialogue between them about whether people bought his "funeral" and how his "death" will inspire people, blah, blah, blah. Or instead of Bruce waiting in the back seat, Alfred takes Selina to some far off location where we see Bruce waiting. Cue the same dialogue.
I love the second one! I think something like this would definitely be the best. There's something I would love very much to see happening, not really far from that, but I tend to not really think about it (eventhough it's hard :lol: ) as I'm sure the ending will be different anyway... But in my ending there has to be Gordon speaking, that's sure ;)

Nolan4Life wrote:
Mason01 wrote:darkest_knight doesn't seem to enjoy Nolan's Batman films very much. Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick?
I think he enjoys them but hes obviously a huge fan boy of the comics. Which in itself means that he wants another campy version that features all of his lovable villains and goofy plots. I guess he just isn't satisfied with Nolan's take. You can NEVER please a fan boy....ever.
I definitely love Nolan's take. If you two actually read one of my earlier posts, I wish Nolan would stay on and do a realistic version of all the characters. But since he isn't, I'm looking forward to the reboot. I mean, do any of us want TDKR to be the last Batman film ever made? And if you say yes, go away.

I was extremely pleased with TDK. The only thing I didn't like about BB was the soundtrack, but its growing on me. While I definitely own the "fanboy" title, I also appreciate Nolan's deeper and more realistic take on the series.

But over its long history, Batman has always existed in a sort of alternate reality. I mean he's a comic book character. So Nolan's take isn't the "authentic" Batman, but a hyper realistic version of it.

That being said, Nolan's two films so far are my favorite Bat films. But I love the artistic style of the Burton ones, and even appreciate the camp of the Schumacher ones though I find all four of the Burton/Schumacher films terribly dated now.

sunshine786 wrote:
The end of the film is Wayne, Kyle and Caine sipping Coffee in ITALY as filmed in Greenwich UK i.e. alls well that ends well
One thing is right for me...
If Bruce ends the movie beside Selina, I´m not going to watch :-D
I prefer one millon times watching him dying at the end than with a woman..the famous "happy together ending".
I have the feeling that Selina will die at the end trying to save Batman...she will die doing something heroic.
I don´t see Bruce and her together at the end(and neither with Miranda/Talia...with none of both!)
This is not going to happen.
And if I remember well,you(Bilal)said once that Miranda/Talia takes Bruce out of Gotham...and now you´re saying that can be Selina at GU. :think:
By the chance,Anne Hathaway was spotten around Greenwish University?

darkest_knight wrote:
Nolan4Life wrote:
I think he enjoys them but hes obviously a huge fan boy of the comics. Which in itself means that he wants another campy version that features all of his lovable villains and goofy plots. I guess he just isn't satisfied with Nolan's take. You can NEVER please a fan boy....ever.
I definitely love Nolan's take. If you two actually read one of my earlier posts, I wish Nolan would stay on and do a realistic version of all the characters. But since he isn't, I'm looking forward to the reboot. I mean, do any of us want TDKR to be the last Batman film ever made? And if you say yes, go away.

I was extremely pleased with TDK. The only thing I didn't like about BB was the soundtrack, but its growing on me. While I definitely own the "fanboy" title, I also appreciate Nolan's deeper and more realistic take on the series.

But over its long history, Batman has always existed in a sort of alternate reality. I mean he's a comic book character. So Nolan's take isn't the "authentic" Batman, but a hyper realistic version of it.

That being said, Nolan's two films so far are my favorite Bat films. But I love the artistic style of the Burton ones, and even appreciate the camp of the Schumacher ones though I find all four of the Burton/Schumacher films terribly dated now.
Yes.

and out of the ashes, a phoenix rose...
Somber music. Gotham is battered and bruised after finally reclaiming the city with the help of the batman. Unfortunately, the hero sacrificed himself to save the city and it's citizens..and now Gotham has to stand for itself all alone. On a rooftop, a flood light is flipped on....Batman's symbol lights up the sky like a raised flag. The remaining survivors gather in various corners of the city and look at the sky in silence.

talli wrote:and out of the ashes, a phoenix rose...
Somber music. Gotham is battered and bruised after finally reclaiming the city with the help of the batman. Unfortunately, the hero sacrificed himself to save the city and it's citizens..and now Gotham has to stand for itself all alone. On a rooftop, a flood light is flipped on....Batman's symbol lights up the sky like a raised flag. The remaining survivors gather in various corners of the city and look at the sky in silence.
GENIUS!

darkest_knight wrote:

If you really take a close look at the Burton films, they are ridiculously campy in dialogue, story presentations, and acting. Schumacher takes the cake because he added neon/bright lights to his camp crap but in terms of really "hamming it up" Burton's 2 films (especially Returns') made a statement in camp.
*I'm in the process of writing an analysis on why all 4 films failed in the Burton/Schumacher series in terms of the Batman world...though I will say that Burton's 89 film is great with the dialogue cut out.

cchriswake wrote:
darkest_knight wrote:

If you really take a close look at the Burton films, they are ridiculously campy in dialogue, story presentations, and acting. Schumacher takes the cake because he added neon/bright lights to his camp crap but in terms of really "hamming it up" Burton's 2 films (especially Returns') made a statement in camp.
*I'm in the process of writing an analysis on why all 4 films failed in the Burton/Schumacher series in terms of the Batman world...though I will say that Burton's 89 film is great with the dialogue cut out.
You by far have the most sensible view of those films I've read.

cchriswake wrote: If you really take a close look at the Burton films, they are ridiculously campy in dialogue, story presentations, and acting. Schumacher takes the cake because he added neon/bright lights to his camp crap but in terms of really "hamming it up" Burton's 2 films (especially Returns') made a statement in camp.
I disagree, I don't think the dialogues of the Burton's movies are that campy, I think some are twisted but some are very significant somehow.

Gotham becomes beyond saving, there's nothing Bruce Wayne/Batman can do to stop it from falling. And so, in order to tell himself that his quest had a purpose/that he has achieved and inspired some good, he rescues a single child from the streets and leaves Gotham, giving him/her a better life in another place. This person could easily be played by either Juno Temple or Joey King. Do I think this is likely? No. Do I think that it fits in with the themes explored in the majority of Nolan's films? Yes. The majority of Nolan's films will end, or will have at some point, the main character creating an illusion for themselves to tell them that they've either achieved good or to give them a purpose. This, to me, is a way of making that recurring theme work in the Nolan bat-verse. Yet why, you ask, would Nolan want to have this theme in TDKR, considering it's in Memento, Insomnia and Inception? Well, so far we've seen his franchise have a lot of thematic similarities to Nolan's other films - guilt in BB, the loss of a loved one (specifically a female character) in TDK.