[SPOILERS] The Final Scene

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
ryan4butler wrote:
Based4Life wrote: :facepalm:
:facepalm: :judge:
"When art imitates life"

Any working links to the ending? The youtube ones have been taken down.

kthevs wrote:
avcs wrote:
That could be, as well as the necklace. The necklace could be the bigger clue. The estate lost it and she is wearing it. Good point, I had forgotten about that.

But I still think he could be dead. The ending is so ambiguous, especially with him in the bat right before the explosion that I still think he could have died.
Except that it's not ambiguous at all. The script and the official novel make it clear that he's alive. Plus, Greg Cox, who wrote the official novel, has said himself that it is not meant to be ambiguous and that no one at WB or Syncopy told him to make it ambiguous. You missed the boat, buddy. Bruce faking his death is straight from the comics. In the script, we don't even see him in the BAT after the building blows up. That last cockpit shot was added purely for dramatic effect by Nolan.
I can't believe people are still arguing about this. This isn't Inception 2: The Dark Knight Rises. It was very clear that Bruce Wayne is still alive. If it were a dream, the entire trilogy may as well be a dream. And it's not.

mao
CallMeSelina wrote:
kthevs wrote: Except that it's not ambiguous at all. The script and the official novel make it clear that he's alive. Plus, Greg Cox, who wrote the official novel, has said himself that it is not meant to be ambiguous and that no one at WB or Syncopy told him to make it ambiguous. You missed the boat, buddy. Bruce faking his death is straight from the comics. In the script, we don't even see him in the BAT after the building blows up. That last cockpit shot was added purely for dramatic effect by Nolan.
I can't believe people are still arguing about this. This isn't Inception 2: The Dark Knight Rises. It was very clear that Bruce Wayne is still alive. If it were a dream, the entire trilogy may as well be a dream. And it's not.
It's spelled out ver clearly in the novelization too.

dafox wrote:
BatMan528491 wrote::batman:

Not really, there are similarities between the two.
You're presenting it as if Good Will Hunting has authorship of the concept of a person going out and living his life as opposed to binding him or herself to something.
The poster I was replying to was saying how the end is like the end to Good Will Hunting, and I didn't really understand it at first but then it just popped into my head that in both movies the end was alluded to somewhere in the middle. I'm not saying Good Will Hunting has authorship over that concept or anything remotely like that, it's just that his comments made me think of the similarities between the two movies. I'm not saying there is a connection between the two movies or that Nolan copied it, I just found it funny that his comments about Good Will Hunting just made me realize that these two movies just have one small thing in common. I wasn't trying to say anything close to what you thought I was, I think you just misinterpreted me.

If we knew that these kids looking through the bus glasses in the third trailer were part of the final scene... I'd have shat my pants.

Also, is it me or the sound has been made a bit low-pitched for copyright purposes?

SomeFrenchToast wrote:If we knew that these kids looking through the bus glasses in the third trailer were part of the final scene... I'd have shat my pants.

Also, is it me or the sound has been made a bit low-pitched for copyright purposes?
Yeah. So it won't be removed from YT.

UltraDangerLord wrote:
SomeFrenchToast wrote:If we knew that these kids looking through the bus glasses in the third trailer were part of the final scene... I'd have shat my pants.

Too late

Mr. Caine wrote:
UltraDangerLord wrote:
Too late
I saved the video on my computer anyway. Couldn't find the full movie anywhere.

God, I just love Gordon's face when he discovers the new Batsignal. It's the true instance of a rewarded faith.