[SPOILERS] The Final Scene

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
mini111 wrote:Keep in mind Nolan has always said that this series is about Bruce wanyes arc and they want to give him a fitting ending. For him to be able to move on from all the death that surrounds him and admit that it's not his sole responsibility and that he's given it his all but found solace is probably the best place to leave it.

That said Nolan never said he'd give batman an ending, after all batman is more than just a man he's a legend... :batface:

The only fitting ending for this trilogy is for Bruce to sacrifice himself for Gotham but we're expected to believe that Bruce can give up the cowl so easily and spend the rest of his days sitting outside cafes in Paris while John Blake occasionally moonlights as Batman to remind the criminals of Gotham that Batman still lives and is keeping an eye on things! That sounds like an ending dreamed up by a committee of WB suits who wanted a nice safe ending instead of the world shattering ending of Bruce making the ulitmate sacrifice for Gotham and Batman then only existing in a symbolic not a literal sense!

The only fitting end for you, maybe. Bruce deserves to be happy and actually live his life, for once.

There is no such thing as one only fitting ending. Some of you are stuck with a one track mind that the finale must = death . In other words you haven't been paying attention to the previous films

Where's balefan when you need her? Her posts were so hilarious. I can't for her next one. "Blah. Blah. Blah. I can't believe this is the cliche end Nolan gave us. Bruce gives up being Batman and spends the rest of his life leading a false smug life in France where he drinks coffee in cafes, has sex with Selina, and does smug things."
Last edited by kthevs on July 18th, 2012, 8:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hey people. You're still required to use spoiler tags in a spoiler thread.

EnzoTheBaker wrote:Hey people. You're still required to use spoiler tags in a spoiler thread.
I'm still getting use to doing spoilers Enzo so you'll have to forgive me a few times where I have neglected to put a spoiler.

And tell me are you disappointed by the cafe scene and John Blake becoming Batman ending?

Also the cafe scene of Bruce and Selina goes against everything these films stand for because shouldn't Selina be serving a lenghty prison sentence at the end of the film for all the jewellery she has stolen? Or does Bruce turn a blind eye to the crimes of his love interest?

I could accept the cafe scene ending more if it was just a glimpse of Bruce (or someone who looked like him) sitting outside the cafe on his own.

idealist wrote:
Also the cafe scene of Bruce and Selina goes against everything these films stand for because shouldn't Selina be serving a lenghty prison sentence at the end of the film for all the jewellery she has stolen? Or does Bruce turn a blind eye to the crimes of his love interest?
That's exactly the point of their relationship.

RIFA wrote:
idealist wrote:
That's exactly the point of their relationship.
Well that is double standards and hypocrisy and I have lost all respect for Bruce.

Actually, about the final scene.... MASSIVE SPOILER...
yes, the cafe thing happens at the end, although after all the shit Bruce has been through ( in 3 movies, and
the last 3 hours in particular) I'd be surprised if you'd begrudge him starting a new life with Selina.
The implication, via the 'clean slate" program is that she wants to go straight, or get a new start, and
this is also what Bruce desperately needs, to move on.
Go see the film, and as I said, I'd be surprised if you felt the ending diminished your respect for Bruce.

Now, the real spoiler is that the cafe scene is NOT the final scene of the movie. The last things you see
is Blake, having swung through the waterfall, walking through the pool towards the foundations.
As he crosses, the black monolith rises from beneath him, which then fills the screen (sort of a fade to
black) but a great transition that ends the film, roll credits.

The implication here (remember all the stuff Bruce and Blake have talked about, particularly about
wearing masks, and how anyone could be Batman) is that Blake will take up the cowl. So the true final
scene is of a new legend beginning. There's a greater emotional payoff than if the film ended in the
cafe. Go see it, I bet you'll enjoy it. cheers.