[SPOILERS] The Final Scene

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
About the Bat chalk drawings.

Anyone else believe this is at the very end of the film after Batman has become a legend?

If we are to go with the John Blake finding the Batcave theory, perhaps the scene with Blake and the kid, "Do you think he is coming b ack?" Might also be at the end with Blake replying, "I don't know" as if he is still weighing the sacrifice to wear the cowl

I also hate this ending..... just wondering if you guys agree that this occurs very near or at the end.

Bayne wrote: Well said. Also, you would think Nolan knows what he's doing as it is his film, and chose Anne because he thought she was the best choice.
Maybe Nolan can CGI a 1966-era Julie Newmar into all of Anne Hathaway's scenes for those who won't be able to accept that. . . Anne Hathaway is going to be a tremendous Catwoman.

(Actually, I love Hathaway, but I'd watch a CGI-Julie Newmar version if it was on a future extended DVD set.)

Soap141 wrote:
About the Bat chalk drawings.

Anyone else believe this is at the very end of the film after Batman has become a legend?

If we are to go with the John Blake finding the Batcave theory, perhaps the scene with Blake and the kid, "Do you think he is coming b ack?" Might also be at the end with Blake replying, "I don't know" as if he is still weighing the sacrifice to wear the cowl

I also hate this ending..... just wondering if you guys agree that this occurs very near or at the end.
I don't think that's going to happen because we know from set footage that he draws chalk symbols
as he holds a gas can, which suggests it's during the takeover. My guess is that the Bat symbol is Gotham's innocent secretly leaving bread crumbs to know where the safe houses are.

Totally fine if this were the ending except for the stuff about John Blake's middle name. I'd much rather have his real name be one of the Robin's names, or it somehow being his nickname.

I can totally imagine the cafe scene, Selina asking what about Gotham, you are no longer there what if there is another problem, Bruce says not to worry he made sure these past few years it does not happen, cue cave scene, Blake pushe button and the ramp rises with the suit overshadowing him, the man from the orphanage trained by Bruce over the past 8 years, John Blake, the batman

Before Bane's attack, Alfred tells Bruce that, during the time where Bruce was travelling the world (in "Batman Begins"), Alfred did too, to look out for Bruce, and because there was nothing left for him in the empty Wayne Manor. During his travels, he often saw a man in a cafe, and always believed him to be Bruce, but every time he ventured inside it, it always turned out to be someone else.

In the end, Miranda Tate is revealed as Talia Al Ghul, and kills Bane after Batman wounds him. In order to prevent Bane's masterplan of using the Nuclear Fission Device developed by Wayne Enterprises to destroy Gotham, Batman puts it inside the Bat and flies it into Gotham River, where the explosion ultimately doesn't kill anyone. In the aftermath of the explosion, the remains of the Bat wash ashore, but a body is never found.

Gotham is rebuild, and Alfred, alone once more, decides to continue his travels. As he visits Paris, he spots a man in a cafe that looks like Bruce, and prepares to approach him, but stops himself after he notices a woman that appears to be Catwoman next to him. He leaves, never learning if that is Bruce, who faked his death, or a couple that resembles Batman and Catwoman.

Officer John Blake, on the other hand, is searching for Bruce Wayne, and ventures into the abandoned Wayne Manor after Alfred leaves. He ends up walking through the waterfall into the Batcave, where Batman's uniform and equipment have been left behind. Realizing that Wayne was Batman all along, Blake removes his badge and tosses it on the river, and looks on to the symbol in Batman's uniform.
That was on CBM...

It seems to be missing a few things though...
Like Alfred having a sad scene and it showing Bruce's grave next to his parents, of course maybe those didn't happen, I'd be disappointed if they didn't though

That guy didnt see it. He has heard about the ending like everyone else thats been looking for it and is also getting some MAJOR MAJOR details completely wrong. See the for spoiled eyes only thread for why im pretty sure this is true.

Yeah, more or less, he is half right.

My understanding of the ending is this:
"Alfred tells Bruce that, during the time where Bruce was travelling the world, Alfred did too, to look out for Bruce, and because there was nothing left for him in the empty Wayne Manor. During his travels, he often saw a man in a cafe, and always believed him to be Bruce, but every time he ventured inside it, it always turned out to be someone else."

Then Alfred travels again and he spots a man in a cafe that looks like Bruce "AGAIN" and prepares to approach him, but stops himself and leaves, never learning if that is Bruce, who faked his death, or a couple that resembles Batman and Selina/Talia, because its UP to US to decide, if Bruce has died or not.

If you really think about it, WHY WOULD HE TELL SELINA THAT HE IS ALIVE, BUT NOT ALFRED, WHO WAS LIKE A FATHER TO HIM, WHO CARED FOR HIM LIKE NO ONE ELSE, AFTER HIS PARENTS DIED? THAT MAKES NO SENSE! SO EITHER HE DIED OR THERE IS MORE TO THE ENDING, WHAT WE DO NOT KNOW YET!(HOPEFULLY) MAYBE THERE IS SOMETHING MORE THAN JUST BLAKE ENTERING THE BATCAVE. WHO KNOWS, MAYBE BATMAN APPEARS AT THE VERY END BUT YOU DONT SEE HIM CLEARLY!

Tajin88 wrote:My understanding of the ending is this:
"Alfred tells Bruce that, during the time where Bruce was travelling the world, Alfred did too, to look out for Bruce, and because there was nothing left for him in the empty Wayne Manor. During his travels, he often saw a man in a cafe, and always believed him to be Bruce, but every time he ventured inside it, it always turned out to be someone else."

Then Alfred travels again and he spots a man in a cafe that looks like Bruce "AGAIN" and prepares to approach him, but stops himself and leaves, never learning if that is Bruce, who faked his death, or a couple that resembles Batman and Selina/Talia, because its UP to US to decide, if Bruce has died or not.

If you really think about it, WHY WOULD HE TELL SELINA THAT HE IS ALIVE, BUT NOT ALFRED, WHO WAS LIKE A FATHER TO HIM, WHO CARED FOR HIM LIKE NO ONE ELSE, AFTER HIS PARENTS DIED? THAT MAKES NO SENSE! SO EITHER HE DIED OR THERE IS MORE TO THE ENDING, WHAT WE DO NOT KNOW YET!(HOPEFULLY) MAYBE THERE IS SOMETHING MORE THAN JUST BLAKE ENTERING THE BATCAVE. WHO KNOWS, MAYBE BATMAN APPEARS AT THE VERY END BUT YOU DONT SEE HIM CLEARLY!
Interesting. I really really reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally hope the ending isn't ambiguous. That would seriously cause me to lose respect for Mr. Nolan. Inception was brilliant... and having an ending like that served more than just one purpose. Batman though? Come on. I hate to say it, but if this is true, Nolan seriously needs to become a bit more diverse, since this would be way overusing this type of storytelling mechanic. I mean, it was literally used in his last film!

The 20th can't get here soon enough!