TDKR Support Group

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
AlexHaas wrote:Cilogy. This is awesome.

I'll be okay with production photos. This is mainly because I'll have to post them on the front page when they surface. Although! I'm avoid all the trailers and TV spots. Every single one.

It's going to be crazy, but I'm doing it.
Wait, are they going to be spoiler tagged, or a click link?

I want to come to NF for news and such, but I really want to avoid any visuals from the film, unless they're described and I deem them unawesome enough to glance at.

JimmyFraska wrote:

I'll be okay with production photos. This is mainly because I'll have to post them on the front page when they surface. Although! I'm avoid all the trailers and TV spots. Every single one.

Wait, are they going to be spoiler tagged, or a click link?

I want to come to NF for news and such, but I really want to avoid any visuals from the film, unless they're described and I deem them unawesome enough to glance at.
See August 17th in here: http://www.nolanfans.com/2009/08/page/2/ for what it might look like for TDKR production photos.

They might change it up this year though, I dunno.

How have I missed this post?

This post is great! hahaha
:lol:

No way I could do this, but I need a therapy group about the Batman reboot news... :cry:

I promised myself I'll only see the first teaser, then pretty much ban myself from Nolanfans until the release.

Now I'm reconsidering, and I just might do what you are doing and resist everything.

Anyone else on board?
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

So Cilogy, six months… a year… anytime really from now, do we get a token to show our abstinence from spoilers and trailers?

I mean every real program gives some sort of recognition to... :think: wait... :think: I’m starting to think you made all this up. Tell me the truth is this really a support group? Are you actually certified? Did I really need a prostate exam?!? :|

:lol:

Seriously though this is going to be tough. With The Dark Knight it was easy to avoid trailers and spoilers because I didn't care. The first time I watched TDK the only thing I knew about the movie was that Joker was in it (and then I discovered there was so much more). And now with TDKR I already know way to many facts and I know how greatly Nolan's ideas translate to his movies. So the feelings of temptation and my need to see the movie are getting more intense by the day.

But I want to be left awestruck, open-mouthed, and amazed again. So I am going to avoid every real spoiler, synopsis, teaser trailer, TV spot, and picture that I can.

JUSTIN time wrote:Seriously though this is going to be tough. With The Dark Knight it was easy to avoid trailers and spoilers because I didn't care. The first time I watched TDK the only thing I knew about the movie was that Joker was in it (and then I discovered there was so much more). And now with TDKR I already know way to many facts and I know how greatly Nolan's ideas translate to his movies. So the feelings of temptation and my need to see the movie are getting more intense by the day.
It's the same for me. I "discovered" Nolan with TDK, and now I'm eager to see TDKR.
I know I'm not strong enough to avoid spoilers altogether. :lol: I'll try to steer away from plot summaries and major spoilers, but I'll definitely watch the trailers.

Good luck y'all. I'm too weak. Although, it's easy to say 'I'm all in' right now, when the hype is at 3% :modesty:

Oh for sure...the spoilers and the major plots...Naturally I'd steer away from those...but trailers, pictures, tv spots...Bring em' in! Let the anticipation blow up! For TDK I was just hungry for more news and new photos...all that's cool as long as I don't read the spoilers. From what I remember there weren't too many of those. Mainly because all I looked at was BOF...say what you want about Jett but he at least gave spoiler alerts which I avoided.

If there's not a viral/ARG side to the marketing, I could probably make an honest go at being in the support group. Assuming there will be though....there's no stopping how big a whore I will be for news and tidbits related to the production.