[SPOILERS] Production in Los Angeles

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Crazy Eight wrote:
nadine wrote:I'll have to look into which studios they're going to use, since I'll be able to work it out through a source. You'd say WB Studios, but Nolan filmed Inception at Universal...
The studio that's funding the film isn't always the same studio lot they shoot the film at. It just depends on availability and whether the stage can accommodate the films needs. Either way, the production is paying for it... so who knows what studio they'll use.
Oh I know that - I mentioned WB Studios, because there was talk a while back that, that's where they were going to film.

Monicabbm wrote:‘The Dark Knight Rises’ Filming Locations in Los Angeles on September 3rd & 4th

http://www.onlocationvacations.com/2011 ... r-3rd-4th/
I looked up the address. The address is slightly off, but right there is the Central Library of Los Angeles
http://www.lapl.org/central/art_architecture.html

There are a number of interiors there that could be interesting scenes in TDKR. Since the shoot at this location is only two days, I am assuming there is only a scene or two being filmed at this location.

There is also a large office building next store off that street, which might serve as interiors for Wayne Enterprises or another location in the film. But couldn't they shoot office scenes in Pittsburgh or New York??? Or on set???

So I am assuming that these two days are at the library.

darkest_knight wrote:
Monicabbm wrote:‘The Dark Knight Rises’ Filming Locations in Los Angeles on September 3rd & 4th

http://www.onlocationvacations.com/2011 ... r-3rd-4th/
I looked up the address. The address is slightly off, but right there is the Central Library of Los Angeles
http://www.lapl.org/central/art_architecture.html

There are a number of interiors there that could be interesting scenes in TDKR. Since the shoot at this location is only two days, I am assuming there is only a scene or two being filmed at this location.

There is also a large office building next store off that street, which might serve as interiors for Wayne Enterprises or another location in the film. But couldn't they shoot office scenes in Pittsburgh or New York??? Or on set???

So I am assuming that these two days are at the library.
great work :thumbup:
@sammyjankis88

Photos of Central Public Library, possible spoilers...
There are so many possible scenes, including actual LIBRARY scenes. I love these photos! From what I can see, this library looks more like a museum than anything else. Possible Catwoman scenes? :ugeek:
los-angeles-central-library-wedding-photography-006.jpg
3.1304146010.la-central-library.jpg
Atrium-1.jpg
los-angeles-central-library-los-angeles-ca.jpg
Central_pool.jpg

That library is amazing. :o
Glad to hear they're shooting on location in LA, too!

nadine wrote:I'll have to look into which studios they're going to use, since I'll be able to work it out through a source. You'd say WB Studios, but Nolan filmed Inception at Universal...
Saito's flooded palace sequence at the beginning of the movie was filmed on the Warner Bros lot.

Lynn wrote:That library is amazing. :o
Glad to hear they're shooting on location in LA, too!
Yeah, it's a truly stunning location.

Is that the library from Se7en?

Love that library. Hope they get an aerial shot as it looks like a Masonic lodge. In fact, I remember seeing it in LA Noire and I really expected the game to have a Masonic finale in there.