foreign titles

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
what is the movie being called around the world? there could be hints as to what the movie is about in the translations of the title

for example, in Russia its being called the Christening of the Dark Knight :think: makes it sound like Batman is gonna die to erase our "sins"

Sources? Sounds interesting.

talli wrote:
for example, in Russia its being called the Christening of the Dark Knight :think: makes it sound like Batman is gonna die to erase our "sins"
No Batman is just going to be hit with a bottle of champaign and sent on his way.

Well I don't have official information, but it's highly likely that it will be called here "A sötét lovag felemelkedése", which literally means "The Rising of the Dark Knight".

in mexico the dark knigh was called batman el caballero de la noche que es batman the night knigh but is really the same

Here, in Quebec, The Dark Knight was ''Le Chevalier Noir'' . But in french there's no exactly work for ''Rise'', I mean it can be translate but not use in the same way than english language. In french ''rise'' is : born, increase, augment, etc. I wonder what will be TDKR in french.

May be off topic, but I like to listen my favorite movie in both language: french and english. In english the text/scrip are better because it's the original, but in french (other language too I guess) the speech are made in studio and not directly there, thus the sound it's a little bit better, more equal. I think it's the reason, may be it's an other reason than the studio, I dunno, but I think it's a little much better in french. Also, in Quebec, we have our own translation and not the ''shitty voice'' they have in France.

DHOPW42 wrote:Well I don't have official information, but it's highly likely that it will be called here "A sötét lovag felemelkedése", which literally means "The Rising of the Dark Knight".
Haha, I agree, sounds a bit odd in Hungarian imo, but I can't think of anything better either. "A sötét lovag visszatér" (The Dark Knight Returns) is the only other version I can imagine they would go with, hopefully they won't though.
I just hope they aren't gonna make up some stupid title or make a pun of it, they tend to do that with lots of big Hollywood movies nowadays (for example, I still haven't quite gotten over the Hungarian title of Kick-Ass, and I don't even like that movie that much...x_x).

kit-kat wrote:
DHOPW42 wrote:Well I don't have official information, but it's highly likely that it will be called here "A sötét lovag felemelkedése", which literally means "The Rising of the Dark Knight".
Haha, I agree, sounds a bit odd in Hungarian imo, but I can't think of anything better either. "A sötét lovag visszatér" (The Dark Knight Returns) is the only other version I can imagine they would go with, hopefully they won't though.
I just hope they aren't gonna make up some stupid title or make a pun of it, they tend to do that with lots of big Hollywood movies nowadays (for example, I still haven't quite gotten over the Hungarian title of Kick-Ass, and I don't even like that movie that much...x_x).
Yeah, Kick-Ass' title sucked hard...

The only thing I fear that they will call TDKR here something like: The Dark Knight 2, or worse: Batman Ends :lol:

Off-topic: do you have a Facebook-profile? :D I'd die to know a Hungarian girl who loves Nolan-movies :D

Similarly, TDK was named "Batman - O Cavaleiro Negro"in Brazil. Most people probably didn't know his sobriquet, so they had to add the Batman thing.

TDKR will probably translate as "A Ascensão do Cavaleiro Negro"(The Rise of the Dark Knight).

Cavalerul Negru Se Ridica which means... The Dark Knight Rises LOL

talli sinks.