A Tale of two cities. Book II Chapter XXIII.The Fire Rises

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
darkest_knight wrote:and the other on the can with my iphone.
Yeah... you're already addicted. It's a curse.

Mason01 wrote:
darkest_knight wrote:and the other on the can with my iphone.
Yeah... you're already addicted. It's a curse.
Well, it's all been boiling under the surface for a while. For a few months, actually. Ever since they announced Hardy and Hathaway, I've been in Dark Knight Rises land. The build up for this is like one of the Star Wars films, except that I know its going to be good! Facebook isn't appropriate for the non-stop Batman/Nolan rants... and a blog just doesn't get me the dialogue I need... we are all chomping at the bit, like starving jackals teased by a piece of filet mignon just beyond the reach of our jaws... I must unravel the mystery, or it will eat me

:goNF:

You know I didn't give much thought to this, seemed like a random coincidence, but darkest_knight's comment about it being weird that this is the only post by this guy reminded me that something similar happened with the viral for Inception. He gave us a clue and then disappeared. So this might have a connection.

theweatherman wrote:You know I didn't give much thought to this, seemed like a random coincidence, but darkest_knight's comment about it being weird that this is the only post by this guy reminded me that something similar happened with the viral for Inception. He gave us a clue and then disappeared. So this might have a connection.
I know. I found the Dicken's chapter the first time I Googled the Fire Rises. I've been screaming out loud in my head, waiting for someone else somewhere to see the link. Where is Robert Langdon when you need him!!!!!!

So is there another Twitter account? Or maybe there is a hidden page on the website that we can find in the Dicken's text? I think I'd have a heart attack if we actually discovered it here.... it's been what, two weeks since Bane???

So much speculation over what The Fire Rises means, and have we completely missed the boat???

:o

everyone is ignoring the major link though. A Tale of Two Cities...Gotham and ??? ?Maybe wherever Bane is from was a place much like Gotham during the prime time of its corruption. Maybe Bane became to that place what Batman was to Gotham...but in an alternate reality sense, kind of way. Like what if Batman did kill. Is that what Bane is?

talli wrote:everyone is ignoring the major link though. A Tale of Two Cities...Gotham and ??? ?Maybe wherever Bane is from was a place much like Gotham during the prime time of its corruption. Maybe Bane became to that place what Batman was to Gotham...but in an alternate reality sense, kind of way. Like what if Batman did kill. Is that what Bane is?
The thematic links are obvious. I agree with you 100%. But is this the next step in the viral campaign? If TFR dropped this to give us a hint... I mean, who joins a forum to drop a long post like that and not discuss it? Someone with ulterior motives???

The text could be some kind of map. There are numbers... the number four keeps popping up throughout the text.... North South East West is a theme.... maybe some basic cryptology .... a cypher ... it's a puzzle, it has to be !

darkest_knight wrote:
talli wrote:everyone is ignoring the major link though. A Tale of Two Cities...Gotham and ??? ?Maybe wherever Bane is from was a place much like Gotham during the prime time of its corruption. Maybe Bane became to that place what Batman was to Gotham...but in an alternate reality sense, kind of way. Like what if Batman did kill. Is that what Bane is?
The thematic links are obvious. I agree with you 100%. But is this the next step in the viral campaign? If TFR dropped this to give us a hint... I mean, who joins a forum to drop a long post like that and not discuss it? Someone with ulterior motives???

The text could be some kind of map. There are numbers... the number four keeps popping up throughout the text.... North South East West is a theme.... maybe some basic cryptology .... a cypher ... it's a puzzle, it has to be !
Hey everybody! I may be newly registered but I've been following this site for several months now reading theories and thoughts on TDKR. I got to say TFR suddenly making an account and only posting a single gigantic post containing a chapter called The Fire Rises from ATo2C is quite a coincidence. Has anyone perused the web and looked at other sites to see if anyone has made the same obscure post. That might be the evidence we need to solidify this as a legitimate part of the viral campaign.

Addicted2Movies wrote:
darkest_knight wrote:

Hey everybody! I may be newly registered but I've been following this site for several months now reading theories and thoughts on TDKR. I got to say TFR suddenly making an account and only posting a single gigantic post containing a chapter called The Fire Rises from ATo2C is quite a coincidence. Has anyone perused the web and looked at other sites to see if anyone has made the same obscure post. That might be the evidence we need to solidify this as a legitimate part of the viral campaign.
i seen it posted on facebook. my gut tells me that it was a guy who browses the site, but really doesnt care much about posting. He had found an interesting link that he hadnt seen suggested and simply pointed it out

talli wrote:
Addicted2Movies wrote:
i seen it posted on facebook. my gut tells me that it was a guy who browses the site, but really doesnt care much about posting. He had found an interesting link that he hadnt seen suggested and simply pointed it out
Yeah that might be it. But don't you think he would've just simply posted the link or at least state that it was something interesting he found. All he did was post the text and leave us with the job of finding connections. I just find it a little too strange.

talli wrote:
Addicted2Movies wrote:
Well, the posters name is the acronym for THE FIRE RISES. Nolan has undoubtedly read the Dicken's novel, having been educated in English Lit. We are overdue for an update...

AT LEAST TELL US WHAT THE WORDS ARE IN THAT BLASTED CHANT WARNER!!!! :judge:

:D