[SPOILERS] The Fire Rises meaning

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I thought this deserved its own thread since a lot of ppl are asking the question and aren't reading the other threads in their entirety

It apparently refers to the scene shot in India
the league burns down a town and just as their about to leave they see a child rise up out of a pit covered in flames. They are intrigued because it has something to do with their mythology or prophecies. I guess they see him as a messiah of some sort. The chant is a kind of tribute slash salute. I would love to see the league assemble themselves piece by city in Gotham and then salute him with the chant in the city square that has been emptied out due to the fear spread through Gotham

talli wrote:I thought this deserved its own thread since a lot of ppl are asking the question and aren't reading the other threads in their entirety

the league burns down a town and just as their about to leave they see a child rise up out of a pit covered in flames. They are intrigued because it has something to do with their mythology or prophecies. I guess they see him as a messiah of some sort. The chant is a kind of tribute slash salute. I would love to see the league assemble themselves piece by city in Gotham and then salute him with the chant in the city square that has been emptied out due to the fear spread through Gotham
Are you happy Talia is now confirmed?

It certainly makes the pit more interesting for me, but I'm not sure I buy the whole prophecy aspect of it. What if Ra's just recognizes the sheer will and resilience of this child enduring flames.

A child on fire in a PG-13 movie?
Surely even Nolan doesn't have THAT much power...

'The Fire Rises' just gives us another reason to believe that Nolan completely nailed the overall tone of the movie, he likes his themes close together: redemption, ressurection, inner conflict and sacrifice... TFR is closely connected with TDKR and I like it, it shows us at least one thing: Bane nad Bruce have a lot to talk about.
Oh, and PG-13 kid on fire is easy work for Nolan and Co.

allstarr55js wrote:
talli wrote:I thought this deserved its own thread since a lot of ppl are asking the question and aren't reading the other threads in their entirety

Are you happy Talia is now confirmed?
Where? :wtf:
This could be very interesting... 8-)

Yeah, just read it ;)

I thought there was a real confirmation :lol:

Knowing Nolan, I'm afraid that only the film will be real confirmation. :lol:

The Fire Rises-The flaming internet discussion rises about TDKR :lol: