[SPOILERS] Production in England

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
sunshine786 wrote:hi guys. well i am confused as hell but anyway - they are back at senate house doing painting today and monday and tuesday is booked for filming. i also had it confirmed a masked ball room scene (100s of fake champagne bottles were used and chandeliars) was filmed in one of the halls (as well as Museum, army compound, court room, gotham hospital and a airport waiting lounge). they was also snow during the ball outside (sounds like batman returns :-( )seems like they have really used Senate for so much. incredible really. My view was Nolan wants to move quick to get onto Superman - good news for superman fans.
Wasn't there also a story in the comics, in which it was actually Thomas Wayne, who was the inspiration for the Batman costume? He had on a costume kind of similar to Batman's, while attending a masked ball somewhere. Not saying that this is the case for TDKR, but it's the first thing that popped up in my mind.

Also, Nolan wouldn't let this movie be rushed, because of Superman. :batface: He handed that one over to Snyder.

Bullitt wrote: Wasn't there also a story in the comics, in which it was actually Thomas Wayne, who was the inspiration for the Batman costume? He had on a costume kind of similar to Batman's, while attending a masked ball somewhere. Not saying that this is the case for TDKR, but it's the first thing that popped up in my mind.
During the original continuity of the comic books, Thomas Wayne was indeed "the first Batman". If I recall correctly, the Waynes attended a charity costume ball where Thomas was dressed as a bat. He was abducted by some gangsters whose boss, Lew Moxon, had been shot and needed a doctor to remove the bullet. Wayne managed to take out the gang before they killed him and they were arrested, with Wayne testifying against them in court. Moxon swore revenge against Wayne and after he was released from prison, he hired Joe Chill to murder the Waynes and make it look like a mugging. Long story short Batman discovered all of this in present day and confronted Moxon wearing the Thomas Wayne bat costume, who was so frightened he ran into traffic and was killed.

taopaipai wrote:
Bullitt wrote: Wasn't there also a story in the comics, in which it was actually Thomas Wayne, who was the inspiration for the Batman costume? He had on a costume kind of similar to Batman's, while attending a masked ball somewhere. Not saying that this is the case for TDKR, but it's the first thing that popped up in my mind.
During the original continuity of the comic books, Thomas Wayne was indeed "the first Batman". If I recall correctly, the Waynes attended a charity costume ball where Thomas was dressed as a bat. He was abducted by some gangsters whose boss, Lew Moxon, had been shot and needed a doctor to remove the bullet. Wayne managed to take out the gang before they killed him and they were arrested, with Wayne testifying against them in court. Moxon swore revenge against Wayne and after he was released from prison, he hired Joe Chill to murder the Waynes and make it look like a mugging. Long story short Batman discovered all of this in present day and confronted Moxon wearing the Thomas Wayne bat costume, who was so frightened he ran into traffic and was killed.
Cool! Thanks for elaborating and welcome to the boards! :twothumbsup:

Hey guys, I'm not much in to these production details, it'd be great if anyone here can let me know if Nolan can be found in anywhere in UK for these 3 weeks. A friend, and a hard-core Nolanfan, is in there and desperately wants to meet him. Thanks in advance.

taopaipai wrote:
Didn't even know this! Which issue is this? Welcome on the board!

taopaipai wrote:
Yeah, welcome to the board and thanks for this! I find it very interesting as well 8-)

There is a rumour going around about Bale's shoot at University of Greenwich.
U.G will double as the backdrop for Italy where Miranda Tate (Cotillard) will take Bruce Wayne (Bale) on a trip thus leaving Gotham vulnerable for attack by Bane (Hardy)
I couldn't find the source though.

snape wrote:There is a rumour going around about Bale's shoot at University of Greenwich.
U.G will double as the backdrop for Italy where Miranda Tate (Cotillard) will take Bruce Wayne (Bale) on a trip thus leaving Gotham vulnerable for attack by Bane (Hardy)
Bilal is the source so it's as true as Clayface and Black Mask being in the movie. :lol:

Thanks for all the welcomes!
Jonas Agersø wrote:
taopaipai wrote: During the original continuity of the comic books, Thomas Wayne was indeed "the first Batman". If I recall correctly, the Waynes attended a charity costume ball where Thomas was dressed as a bat. He was abducted by some gangsters whose boss, Lew Moxon, had been shot and needed a doctor to remove the bullet. Wayne managed to take out the gang before they killed him and they were arrested, with Wayne testifying against them in court. Moxon swore revenge against Wayne and after he was released from prison, he hired Joe Chill to murder the Waynes and make it look like a mugging. Long story short Batman discovered all of this in present day and confronted Moxon wearing the Thomas Wayne bat costume, who was so frightened he ran into traffic and was killed.
Which issue is this?
This story was originally published in Detective Comics #235 dated Sept.1956. However, I first read a retold version of it in The Untold Legend of the Batman, a three-issue mini-series published in 1980 that recounts Batman's origins up to that point in time, which I highly recommend. If you can't find the original issues, there have been some collected versions reprinted in black and white. There was also a version that came with an audio cassette tape and I found a part of it on YouTube that contains the Thomas Wayne story. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyrNWHhPnWY

snape wrote:There is a rumour going around about Bale's shoot at University of Greenwich.
whoaaaaaah

this is kind of huge as far as her character goes. Intentional diversion?