[SPOILERS] Is Miranda really Talia?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

Is Miranda really Talia?

Yes
56%
No
31%
Doesn't matter to me
13%

Total votes: 145

I got one idea, but I don't think that's the reason.

:roll:

talli wrote:why would Talia call herself Talia Head anyway...am i missing something?
Because Ra's means "head" in arabic it seems and she did so in the comics when she worked at Lex's corp or something (that's what I understood anyway) :)

talli wrote:why would Talia call herself Talia Head anyway...am i missing something?
Cuz she may give good head. Talia Head is like Felicia Drills :facepalm:

Batcat wrote:
Because Ra's means "head" in arabic it seems and she did so in the comics when she worked at Lex's corp or something (that's what I understood anyway) :)

you're right. She does go by the alias Talia Head

Okay, I was in the middle of this reply when my 'Disinformation' thread got locked. Put a lot of effort into it so I'll post it here instead:
Crazy Eight wrote:WB has confirmed who JGL is playing... it's not in dispute to my knowledge.
My point was that two so-called trusted sites (Dateline and Entertainment Weekly) were in dispute about JGL's role for months before the official confirmation, both claiming they had rock solid sources telling them who he was playing. Was one of them lying? It seems more likely to me that they were being deliberately fed bullshit from Warners in order to keep everyone in the dark as long as possible.

Then there's Jett on BOF telling us for definite that Cotillard gonna be Talia in the film, then we find out she's playing an entirely different character. This is despite the fact Jett constantly boasts about his 'connections' to Team Nolan and how he knows more than he can tell us. Of course he may be a waffler but the fact remains - why would he confidently state Cotillard was Talia if that wasn't the case? The only reason I can think of is that he was taken for a ride by his source. Or his source was lied to...

And the one story that really seems off to me is that Josh Pence guy playing a young Ra's Al Ghul. Has that been officially confirmed? Only the media announced that, I don't think Nolan or Warners ever corroborated that one. Yet everyone seems to accept that as true. Should we? We were told by Dateline or whoever that JGL was for sure playing Alberto Falcone and we all know how that turned out.

My overall point is that I have yet to hear anything that has convinced me the League of Shadows are returning for TDKR. All we've got is a lot of hearsay and rumours and supposed 'scoops' by certain media outlets, but the last few weeks have shown those hitherto trustworthy sites are as much in the dark as the fans. I know Gary Oldman was quoted as saying that TDKR would be harking back to Batman Begins and many people seemed to take that as confirmation the LoS were returning. But he could have meant that there'll be flashbacks involving Bruce's parents and the theme/story will link up BB in the sense that Bruce will continue his parents' philanthropy - doesn't necessarily have to involve the League at all.

So do I think Miranda is Talia? No I don't :)

Houdini's Brother wrote:Okay, I was in the middle of this reply when my 'Disinformation' thread got locked. Put a lot of effort into it so I'll post it here instead:
Crazy Eight wrote:WB has confirmed who JGL is playing... it's not in dispute to my knowledge.
My point was that two so-called trusted sites (Dateline and Entertainment Weekly) were in dispute about JGL's role for months before the official confirmation, both claiming they had rock solid sources telling them who he was playing. Was one of them lying? It seems more likely to me that they were being deliberately fed bullshit from Warners in order to keep everyone in the dark as long as possible.

Then there's Jett on BOF telling us for definite that Cotillard gonna be Talia in the film, then we find out she's playing an entirely different character. This is despite the fact Jett constantly boasts about his 'connections' to Team Nolan and how he knows more than he can tell us. Of course he may be a waffler but the fact remains - why would he confidently state Cotillard was Talia if that wasn't the case? The only reason I can think of is that he was taken for a ride by his source. Or his source was lied to...

And the one story that really seems off to me is that Josh Pence guy playing a young Ra's Al Ghul. Has that been officially confirmed? Only the media announced that, I don't think Nolan or Warners ever corroborated that one. Yet everyone seems to accept that as true. Should we? We were told by Dateline or whoever that JGL was for sure playing Alberto Falcone and we all know how that turned out.

My overall point is that I have yet to hear anything that has convinced me the League of Shadows are returning for TDKR. All we've got is a lot of hearsay and rumours and supposed 'scoops' by certain media outlets, but the last few weeks have shown those hitherto trustworthy sites are as much in the dark as the fans. I know Gary Oldman was quoted as saying that TDKR would be harking back to Batman Begins and many people seemed to take that as confirmation the LoS were returning. But he could have meant that there'll be flashbacks involving Bruce's parents and the theme/story will link up BB in the sense that Bruce will continue his parents' philanthropy - doesn't necessarily have to involve the League at all.

So do I think Miranda is Talia? No I don't :)
Variety was the only site that reported he was Falcone...I think they simply just got excited and took a leap of faith in believing somebody who probably didnt have any credible information

Deadline never reported JGL for any role, however they were the first to report that JGL was going to join back in February...they were also the first to announce that Tom Hardy had a lead role (so far they have been right about everything)

Josh Pence was someone confirmed by filmfanatic who is a part of the production.

Batcat wrote:he might be but for me the Tate = Tête if you change one letter is not a good argument that's all. It has nothing to do with the fact that I love Catwoman, I just don't think that this one is a good one. I mean if you take only french and english than Tate and tête do not have the same pronounciation and Nolan could have chose Tete instead of Tate if he wanted it to mean "Head" in french, I do not really see the point with using "Tate" (which doesn't mean anything) instead of Tete which would have meant something in french at least.

And yes, maybe I have a Catwoman obsession, but you certainly do have a Talia obsession, my dear ;)
Because if Nolan put Tete instead of Tate,it would give too much in sight, so he put Tate ... to confuse us.
But wanting or not,the thing Tête = Head is TOO MUCH coincidence anyway...
And if I have a obsession for Talia, at least I am more original. :lol:

talli wrote: Josh Pence was someone confirmed by filmfanatic who is a part of the production.
I posted this accidently on the india topic. So here it goes agian.

But filmfanatic also stated that he might just be spreading false information.
filmfanatic wrote:Unfortunately, I can't tell you what I do on Team Nolan. That would blow my cover. And I'm not really allowed to say anything at all. I just drop small tidbits here and there.

And maybe some disinformation as well.

That's how we roll :innolanwetrust:
I don’t think that the league or Ra’s are returning in TDKR. I could be wrong but that is just my current opinion.

He could be potentially lying about Pence being there, but I doubt he would go as far to say he's going to be in the film, whenever the actor has nothing to do with it.

Balefan wrote: Because if Nolan put Tete instead of Tate,it would give too much in sight, so he put Tate ... to confuse us.
But wanting or not,the thing Tête = Head is TOO MUCH coincidence anyway...
And if I have a obsession for Talia, at least I am more original. :lol:
Well, I guess we will see... Only time will tell who she really is (and if she's in fact someone else than Miranda Tate) IMO, it would still make too many women in the movie having double identities but well... :D

And I'm not sure if "more original" would be the right word, but yeah, there are probably less Talia fans... Anyway, I do not like Selina because of the number of fans she has but because of who she is. I love ambiguous characters generally, and I love that she has respect for human life and is very independant. ;)

Also, forgot to say, I do think that the LoS will be included somehow but I don't know to which level. And I really, really hope we will learn more about Bruce's father and his relationship with Ra's.