[SPOILERS] On-Set photos of the cast

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Capturing, watching dailies, and taking notes about them is all part of the editing process. I did watch my words very carefully. I said he may not be "cutting" on the second day, but the editing process begins on day 2 of production. The editing process is a whole lot more than cutting and assembling on the Avid. If you talk to an editor and ask "All there is to the editing process is cutting and assembling on Avid or FCP, right?" they would laugh in your face.

K-Murphey wrote:Capturing, watching dailies, and taking notes about them is all part of the editing process. I did watch my words very carefully. I said he may not be "cutting" on the second day, but the editing process begins on day 2 of production. The editing process is a whole lot more than cutting and assembling on the Avid. If you talk to an editor and ask "All there is to the editing process is cutting and assembling on Avid or FCP, right?" they would laugh in your face.
That is all there is to editing. That's not all there is to post production assembly, which requires more than just cutting the film. Color grading, cropping, effects, sound editing, sound mixing, all part of post production; not the editor's job or responsibility. The editor's responsibility is to do just that, edit. Different people capture, log, and take notes about the footage, the editor then reads said notes and logging numbers. It's not a one man job, unless of course it's a super low budget film; and I know this from observing these actual events take place on a film set, as well as reading about the process from articles like the one I provided for you about Inception's unique post process.

As Lee himself said, he wasn't even present when they first started shooting Inception.

Crazy Eight wrote:That is all there is to editing. That's not all there is to post production assembly, which requires more than just cutting the film. Color grading, cropping, effects, sound editing, sound mixing, all part of post production; not the editor's job or responsibility. The editor's responsibility is to do just that, edit. Different people capture, log, and take notes about the footage, the editor then reads said notes and logging numbers. It's not a one man job, unless of course it's a super low budget film; and I know this from observing these actual events take place on a film set, as well as reading about the process from articles like the one I provided for you about Inception's unique post process.

As Lee himself said, he wasn't even present when they first started shooting Inception.
Never said it was a one man job. I even stated that assistant editors are the ones to log and capture. But editors typically begin watching dailies and taking editing notes on the 2nd day of production. And I never said an editor is present when they start shooting. In fact, editors will never visit the set in order to remain objective about the film. So, yeah, of course Lee was never present when they began shooting.

Sure, someone (assistant editor) will take logging notes for the editor, but not actual assembly notes. I suggest looking into Walter Murch. He's very informative on the subject, even if some of his theories are a bit wacky. And it is not as if I am pulling this out of nowhere. I have worked with and talked to actual professional editors before.

:facepalm: oh god! the the over serious asking and telling on this forums is anormous.
People taking each other to serious and themselves also,that's such an epic kind of sadness.

BatMotor wrote::facepalm: oh god! the the over serious asking and telling on this forums is anormous.
People taking each other to serious and themselves also,that's such an epic kind of sadness.
What in heaven's name are you talkin' about...

prince0gotham wrote:
BatMotor wrote::facepalm: oh god! the the over serious asking and telling on this forums is anormous.
What in heaven's name are you talkin' about...
Batmotor seriously needs to go to a spoken english class

This won't solve even half of his problems.

And now we'll have another 'OHHHHHHHH THOSE PESKY PSEUDO-INTELECTUALS'-post again.

I'm just happy to see Tom on the set of THE DARK KNIGHT RISES! :clap: Once the production gets into full gear, after few official pics, we'll be just fine.

I can't wait for the first pics of Bane and Catwoman with their costumes!

Lynn wrote:I can't wait for the first pics of Bane and Catwoman with their costumes!
:goNF: