Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
thedisabledcubicle wrote:
stanley wrote::? Anne Hathaway looks like a nerd in a holloween costume. I'm sorry but every time I see a new picture of her, whether it's a set photo or offical I get less convinced that she's right for this role. She just doesn't have the look or the personality that Catwoman requires, which should be super sexy, dark, and able to dish out an ass whooping. She's just a cute nerdy looking chick who I would never guess could beat anybody up. And the costume is flat out boring looking , or maybe it's just her . I get a feeling this will be strike 3 for female casting in batman films.

/flame shield
I, for one, agree. It's not terrible, but I'm still not excited by anything I've seen of Selina/Catwoman. The costume is much sexier than I imagined it would be (her body looks amazing), but you're right, it still doesn't look convincing that she could be a bad-ass crimefighter. Her hair (I don't care what colour it is, it's the length and style) doesn't grab me and I think her lipstick looks silly.

I have faith that she'll be great in the final cut, but not yet. Incidentally, I have never wanted to see Catwoman in these films. I groaned aloud when Lucius said that thing about cats and knew I'd be disappointed in the end. I like the character; she's important to the Batman story arc, but I just don't see it working in a more 'realistic' film.

I get that feeling too. Even with Bane, it just doesn't feel like stuff that Nolan would use in his movies, since he likes to be realistic. I'm curious if it's all gonna work.

stanley wrote:I get that feeling too. Even with Bane, it just doesn't feel like stuff that Nolan would use in his movies, since he likes to be realistic. I'm curious if it's all gonna work.
Oh, you're one of THOSE people.

stanley wrote:I'm curious if it's all gonna work.
All the evidence you need to know it will work is right here:

NOT A REAL SPOILER

steveportee wrote:
thedisabledcubicle wrote: like the character; she's important to the Batman story arc, but I just don't see it working in a more 'realistic' film.
Why not?
Running around in stilettos. Fighting dangerous criminals with nothing but skill and speed. I think Batman's physical power enables his martial arts to be one of his greatest weapons. Without power I think realistically most people would be quickly dispatched by a criminal with no conscience.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
stanley wrote:I'm curious if it's all gonna work.
All the evidence you need to know it will work is right here:

NOT A REAL SPOILER
Fair enough.

stanley wrote::? Anne Hathaway looks like a nerd in a holloween costume. I'm sorry but every time I see a new picture of her, whether it's a set photo or offical I get less convinced that she's right for this role. She just doesn't have the look or the personality that Catwoman requires, which should be super sexy, dark, and able to dish out an ass whooping. She's just a cute nerdy looking chick who I would never guess could beat anybody up. And the costume is flat out boring looking , or maybe it's just her . I get a feeling this will be strike 3 for female casting in batman films.

/flame shield
And they say there's no such thing as a stupid opinion... :)
Last edited by Rashad28 on September 25th, 2011, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thedisabledcubicle wrote:
steveportee wrote: Why not?
Running around in stilettos. Fighting dangerous criminals with nothing but skill and speed. I think Batman's physical power enables his martial arts to be one of his greatest weapons. Without power I think realistically most people would be quickly dispatched by a criminal with no conscience.
If you want that level of realism, Batman should have been killed a hundred times by now. And Two-Face's injury is ridiculously unrealistic, much more so than Catwoman.

I don't want to get into a debate about it. Simply, I have never been excited about the prospect of Catwoman in these films and I haven't seen anything to change my mind yet.

But, I do have faith that Nolan will make it all work and she'll be an exciting and compelling character in the final product. I think Anne can pull it off too, but I don't think I'll be convinced until I see the final film (or maybe a trailer).

Oneironaut wrote:Image

She looks so young here!
Truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it. - Jack Twist

steveportee wrote:
thedisabledcubicle wrote: Running around in stilettos. Fighting dangerous criminals with nothing but skill and speed. I think Batman's physical power enables his martial arts to be one of his greatest weapons. Without power I think realistically most people would be quickly dispatched by a criminal with no conscience.
If you want that level of realism, Batman should have been killed a hundred times by now. And Two-Face's injury is ridiculously unrealistic, much more so than Catwoman.
Of course. I thought I originally put the word realistic in quotation marks, maybe not. I'm well aware that these films aren't realistic, but they do have a level of authenticity that sets them apart from every other superhero film and are getting plaudits from higher-brow reviewers and media accordingly.