Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
BatMotor wrote:lots of pfeiffer fans on the board,okay excuse me then :lol:

why so serious? :facepalm:
Not a fan of her, I've only seen two of her movies.

No, I'm not a fan as such. But her acting was not lame, far from it.

Mason01 wrote:

okay:'Fan' was the wrong word maybe,but you know what i mean i hope.

BatMotor wrote:
Mason01 wrote:
okay:'Fan' was the wrong word maybe,but you know what i mean i hope.
Sort of. Hopefully your meaning of 'lame' doesn't mean her acting was actually lame, but the direction and the script behind it. Hopefully.

Michelle Pfeiffer's handicap is/was that she 0% looks like Selina Kyle!

Anne from the start looks far more like her!
There is potential! (some of BatMotor's pictures clearly indicate that!)

Batcat wrote:
Lynn wrote:I'm terribly curious to see what Nolan wants to do with this character, especially because I really don't like her previous film incarnations. Anyway, the more I look at Hathaway, the more I like the idea of her as Selina Kyle.
Have you already watched the animated series? She was my fav character beside Bruce when I was a kid, I loved her! She loved adventure, and was mysterious and pretended she didn't care about Batman but when she was alone you could see she did. Her world would have been empty without him. I hope we can have this kind of interpretation for Catwoman, not exactly this but something close to it.

I liked Pfeiffer but she could only work in Burton's world, and I also want to see a Selina who's not crazy and who doesn't become Catwoman because she's been resurrected by cats. She will have a real backstory 8-)
Yes, I did watch the animated series and you're right, she was quite good in that one. I was talking about her appearances in live-action films. The movie with Halle Berry was... how can I describe it? :facepalm: As for the Burton film, I agree with Chee: Pfeiffer herself was good, but the character was too over-the-top (and yes, a backstory like that could only work in a film by Tim Burton).

BatMotor wrote:Really? i think her acting was really lame,it was overacting over the top,Anne can do much better i really doubt she will be that lame,
anne will be brutal i think,something we dont expect from her.
Lame? On what world you live in son?

She was perfect for that role... have you seen the cartoons? That's how Catwoman was... That's how she is... feminine, theatrical, spontaneous, flirty and dangerous... Let's not mention she had "bi-polar disorder" lol... but that's the truth. Now, I don't know what you usually smoke but to say her acting was lame deserves a honest... :facepalm:

And what does brutality has to do with acting? If she'll be brutal she'll be that way because of the script not because of how she acts... There's no such thing as acting brutal lol. :lol: What you expect? Gore killings? :lol:

Mason01 wrote:
BatMotor wrote: okay:'Fan' was the wrong word maybe,but you know what i mean i hope.
Sort of. Hopefully your meaning of 'lame' doesn't mean her acting was actually lame, but the direction and the script behind it. Hopefully.
yeah maybe 'Too strange' is a better word for ya? it was really weird acting,i just didnt like the style of it.

xxstefanx wrote:Michelle Pfeiffer's handicap is/was that she 0% looks like Selina Kyle!
It depends... In the "cartoons" or animated series Selina was blond. She can be blond or have black hair for all I care (although I hoped that she wouldn't be blond in Nolan's version cause I needed a different version of her) I think Pfeiffer physically looked like a very good Selina!

Lynn, I see. I liked Pfeiffer's Catwoman, as some people said over here she was good for Burton's crazy world, it was ok if she was bi-polar and all the rest because, well... It's Burton (and Rifa, I don't think that Catwoman had "bipolar disorders" in the cartoons, well not as much as in Batman Return). I never watched the movie called Catwoman but I don't even consider Hale Berry to be Catwoman there, she's Patience Philips not Selina Kyle! This has nothing to do with Catwoman for me :lol:

BatMotor wrote:yeah maybe 'Too strange' is a better word for ya? it was really weird acting,i just didnt like the style of it.
OK, fair enough. Not everyone likes the character and the way she portrayed the role, but understand that it wasn't her fault entirely, more of Tim Burton's.