[SPOILERS] Production in Pittsburgh

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Tel Aviv wrote:Regarding the image - isn't that just the chassis of the tumbler raised, possibly for maintenance?
So... you think the tumbler is actually just a small car on the inside with the huge wheels and armor plopped ontop as a prop? :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOdoxhEY ... age#t=391s

Tel Aviv wrote:Regarding the image - isn't that just the chassis of the tumbler raised, possibly for maintenance?
This guy.

MMatt wrote:
So... you think the tumbler is actually just a small car on the inside with the huge wheels and armor plopped ontop as a prop? :lol:

Well obviously they designed the original tumbler as a fully functional vehicle but maybe Batman gets an advanced version of it and they felt the need to build it in the way you've described instead of as a normal car - it looks oddly shaped, maybe they had trouble developing it in the same way they did with the original tumbler.

I thought it was obvious that it was some sort of plane/jet, I'm a bit shocked anyone would think it's a new tumbler getting maintenance.

The way I see it, Nolan loves to get as much in camera as he can, so he's got this ontop of a car rig that will drive it through the tunnel and allow it to tilt and such like it's flying.

MMatt wrote:

...well, when you put it that way. :lol:

There are several versions of the tumbler built for different purposes, to be used in different scenes. I don't necessarily see anything resembling a new vehicle here.

Cilogy wrote:I feel like this is getting closer and closer to "out of control" and people are just rolling along with it.

Hey, I trust Nolan, and I'm sure this film with be mounds of fun, but I just hope this film is as deep as TDK and BB were. I would rather have that and sacrifice the gadgetry/big-ass vehicles.
How can you even say that? You think Nolan is gonna go all Michael Bay on us? The first teaser doesn't show on single second of action/gadgetry. This movie is in good hands.

apw
They spent 2 months in England doing interior shooting which didn't include much action, or at least we didn't hear about it.

That time completely out weighs the 3 weeks they will have spent in Pittsburgh doing all the action stuff.

steveportee wrote:
Cilogy wrote:I feel like this is getting closer and closer to "out of control" and people are just rolling along with it.

Hey, I trust Nolan, and I'm sure this film with be mounds of fun, but I just hope this film is as deep as TDK and BB were. I would rather have that and sacrifice the gadgetry/big-ass vehicles.
How can you even say that? You think Nolan is gonna go all Michael Bay on us? The first teaser doesn't show on single second of action/gadgetry. This movie is in good hands.
I don't mind gadgetry/big-ass vehicles as long as they're done right, and for that - In Nolan We Trust.

I was gonna kind of miss Lower Wacker, but it's looking like Wabash Tunnel is gonna fill in nicely

*manip*

Something better get blowed up real good in that tunnel.