[SPOILERS] Production in Pittsburgh

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
u2aerofan wrote:http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&cl ... 96,,1,0.93

Here's the google maps link so everyone can take the grand tour...

Does anyone else feel like this is literally going to be the longest wait of our lives?
Thanks for that. I find that street interesting for a few reasons. First the street has a few car parking lots, which could be a center piece for an action sequence, or not. And then of course, the Church (which is rather good if I must say). Just look at the entrance steps to the church, I could imagine some sort of robbery, action sequence or just purely some sort of dialog section filmed there. I think it's an interesting location, and I can see some sort of scene happening here. The car parking lots may have something to do with this though...

Oh and yeah, this will be the longest wait EVER!

First off, I'm glad to have found this forum as the news that Nolan may be filming here is quite exciting.
Special recognition to ajrsummers for the quick reflexes in grabbing that photo, which has been broadcast on the TV news here.

Question for ajrsummers: what day was that pic taken? Friday, Feb, 17 was an unusually warm and sunny (60 degrees F) day for that time of year here. The crew seems to be dressed for more "brisk" weather....unless it was early morning.

Regarding the specific Smithfield street location, that parking garage has always had an interesting look. Rather like the Guggenheim Museum in New York from the outside. Pittsburgh has a wealth of locations that offer a variety of looks. Even a few few abandoned tunnels that may be useful for resurrected Batcaves....

First of all thanks to ajrsummers for this pic, it's really interesting. I also think the parking lot could be used for an action scene, and a conversation in front of a church would be great, even more if it's at night!
u2aerofan wrote:http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&cl ... 96,,1,0.93

Here's the google maps link so everyone can take the grand tour...

Does anyone else feel like this is literally going to be the longest wait of our lives?
Oh, yes, totally!! It's like I want the film NOW but at the same time I'm glad of waiting and speculating, I don't want it to end :lol:

Longwire -

Yes, it was warm that day. The picture was taken right around 12 noon as I was walking to work. Everyone in their party was dressed warm it seemed, except an assistant-looking type guy (off camera to the left, he's actually briefly in the video i took which i forwarded to the administrator, but hasn't put it up yet). That was the one guy I had any direct interaction with, because the group looked really intent on their work, even when I gasped and swore in recognition of who they were (because of this, I felt I shouldn't bother them, which I still sort of regret). It would have been amazing to get a proper posed photo with Christopher Nolan and me together... haha

About the photo though, you'll notice that everyone around is dressed pretty warm for the most part. It certainly wasn't insanely warm, and for a guy that lives in LA, maybe he wasn't used to the 'burgh's climate :)

I also agree that Pittsburgh is a fantastic city to film in because of the wide variety of architecture throughout the downtown area, as well as the surrounding neighborhoods. I live in the East End, where they have filmed many movies recently (Smart People, One for the Money). But downtown especially, there is such a fantastic collection of possible locations. One shot can make it look like Chicago/NYC type area, another can make it seem like a run-down grungy area, etc. I really am hoping they do film here, as I will be there to watch!

BTW, you said it was on the TV news here in Pittsburgh? What channel? I didn't see that...

I'm starting to think I should have saved the picture and sold it to People magazine for a couple thousand bucks :)

LOL...the word wiener is in the background.

AJR...

Your photo was broadcast locally on Monday, Feb 21 on the KDKA evening news...Channel 2 as you know.

Great job on getting that pic!

To AKV: That's Wiener World! A local establishment dating back about 50 years! All hail the Wiener World!

It seems like Nolan is back in Pittsburgh today, according to some local folks there. We need pics now! :batface:

Dragon_316ca wrote:It seems like Nolan is back in Pittsburgh today, according to some local folks there. We need pics now! :batface:
:o :o :o

Any photo's out yet? Someone must have some snaps. This must be being used as a location, or being thought about very closely as a location.

:batface:

apw
I'm not so sure he is there. It looks as if the photo spread across twitter today and local people are assuming it's from today.

apw wrote:I'm not so sure he is there. It looks as if the photo spread across twitter today and local people are assuming it's from today.
Have you got a copy of the picture? I'm intrigued...