The role of Bane in TDKR - just an idea

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I've been wondering about the possible plot of The Dark Knight Rises. Recently I re-watched TDK (for about the 100th time), and at the end of the movie Batman says to Gordon that he (Batman) will be hunted by the police and other forces, and we can see Batman running away from cops - that is obvious. And it's also obvious to me that - if not necessarily in the whole movie, but - this has to be a part of the plot. We can read on the internet (and of course in the comic books) that Bane was originally intented to be one of Batman's most intelligent foes - he's intentionally something like the "dark version" of the 1930s-40s detective heroes. I always considered it obvious that Nolan and his team are going to go back to Bane's origins in the comic books and use it to create the character for The Dark Knight Rises. So that's why the following idea got to my mind: what if Bane will be a cop or a detective who's trying to figure out the real identity of the dark knight? What if he will be with the police? This would be a real re-imagination of the character, but I don't see it as a problem for Nolan. This is just pure speculation but I think in some way Nolan will build the mental capabilities of Bane in the story - and this could be a proper way to do it. At least in my opinion :D What do you think?

Interesting theory! Yeah, considering he's supposed to be Batman's most intelligent villain, I think it's definitely possible. It would serve as a really cool twist maybe.. Or even if we know this cop/detective is Bane undercover from the beginning, it would still be pretty interesting. I never really thought about that possibility. :thumbup:

dont like it

Bane should be by himself

talli wrote:dont like it

+1

Bane being a cop? Hell no.

Crazy Eight wrote:
talli wrote:dont like it

+1

Bane being a cop? Hell no.
Yea, I agree. I like the prisoner aspect a lot more.

Perhaps Bane will be like Hannibal Lector in The Silence of the Lambs/Calendar Man in The Long Halloween? Until maybe the final act when he escapes?

indy42 wrote:Perhaps Bane will be like Hannibal Lector in The Silence of the Lambs/Calendar Man in The Long Halloween? Until maybe the final act when he escapes?
Nah, that would do nothing to incorporate his strength and would be boring.

indy42 wrote:Perhaps Bane will be like Hannibal Lector in The Silence of the Lambs/Calendar Man in The Long Halloween? Until maybe the final act when he escapes?

bane is not a psycho or creepy

talli wrote:

Although what I know about Bane is limited to wikipedia's information (I haven't read the comics so I have no first hand experiences as to how the character behaves), I agree simply because that's not how I personally pictured the character. Although, I can see the comparison due to Hannibal's intelligence :thumbup:

talli wrote:

Hmmm if he ain't a psycho and if he ain't creepy I guess we ain't gonna be gettin a Bronson/Freddie type of performance then. That's both good and a bit sad. Good because people won't have a reason to say 'this guy does the same thing over and over'. Sad because I like that acting. Then again - good because I'm curious.