The role of Bane in TDKR - just an idea

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
prince0gotham wrote:
talli wrote:

bane is not a psycho or creepy
Hmmm if he ain't a psycho and if he ain't creepy I guess we ain't gonna be gettin a Bronson/Freddie type of performance then.

i never thought it wouldve been anything similar to that to begin with

and I'm glad, because I'd rather see Tom discover something new, and to be honest that kind of personality doesn't work for Bane

He won't be a cop. But, in the vein of prey, I could see him being hired to help hunt Batman, of course with less than good intentions.

JimmyFraska wrote:He won't be a cop. But, in the vein of prey, I could see him being hired to help hunt Batman, of course with less than good intentions.
I don't see anyone hiring Bane or Bane following anyone else’s orders for that matter.

The cops will most likely have federal support and wont need to hire anyone for the search of Batman, I mean he's known as cop killer, who uses military grade weapons, and not to mention he also broke federal law when he went international to kidnap Lao; Batman is definitely not just the city’s issue anymore.

The mob already tried to hire someone to find the Batman (Joker) and seeing how that turned out I don't see the mob going down that road again.

I think you're on the right track. My guess is that he will decipher Batman's identity and, in a city that has declared war on The Batman, gain power or police support or get what he wants out of the city based on blackmailing them for the identity, and essentially he will make some kind of power play to help them take down Bruce if he replaces Bruce, except have sinister ideas for how to use the power of being Gotham's icon, until they turn to Batman to save them from Bane and see he still did right by them when they tried to tear him down, something like that. That's all coming from your Bane police idea, so good connection, there is something to him gaining political and sociatal power through knowing Bruce's identity during the manhunt, for sure.

I think it´s nice theory. ;)

talli wrote:
prince0gotham wrote: Hmmm if he ain't a psycho and if he ain't creepy I guess we ain't gonna be gettin a Bronson/Freddie type of performance then.

i never thought it wouldve been anything similar to that to begin with

and I'm glad, because I'd rather see Tom discover something new, and to be honest that kind of personality doesn't work for Bane
Yeah same. I mean if they could find a way to fit it in and if it does turn out to fit in I wouldn't mind but as I said I'm curious for something new.

when do cops ever hire outside help? and bane doesnt even have a regular name, let alone the credentials to be brought in by internal affairs or work for any federal branch of law enforcment. agent bane? and i hope the mob doesnt hire him either. i know nolanʻs gonna change his origin a little for this movie which im fine with, but assassin, bounty hunter, working for police or mob greatly inhibits his obbsesion with batman. getting paid to break bats is a no go. :roll:

Oh my god you just gave me an idea to be obsessed about. You said assassin and I immedeately thought about the Hitman games and how awful that fuckin movie was and how perfect it would be with Hardy as a lead and... possibly Nolan as a director? I wasn't gonna sleep anyway...