Pfister/Nolan: BB or TDK?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Wasn't sure where to put this, seeing as it has more to do w/ BB and TDK, but it was part of a discussion on TDKR, so... in his recent interview, Wally Pfister has talked about his prep work for TDKR. Aside from his thoughts on Anne Hathaway's look and the script, there was something else he said that raised my interest.
"And he actually had me go back and wanted me to watch, in IMAX, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight again. When I watched those I had read the script for The Dark Knight Rises and was like, 'dude, it is a perfect trilogy.' I think that was his intent, to work of those two pictures — and they are very different pictures. And it's funny, we all had different opinions about which picture we like better."
So, who do you think prefers BB over TDK and vice versa? (I myself am a BB fan) I could really see it going either way... Pfister could appreciate the comic book look of BB or the IMAX experience of TDK, while Nolan could prefer telling the origin story of Batman or his growth as a director in TDK and being able to explore new ground (either way, I'm hoping TDKR has more similarities w/ BB stylistically than TDK).

i'm a fan of BB and i think Nolan prefers TDK and Wally prefers BB.

Syncopy54 wrote:So, who do you think prefers BB over TDK and vice versa? (I myself am a BB fan) I could really see it going either way... Pfister could appreciate the comic book look of BB or the IMAX experience of TDK, while Nolan could prefer telling the origin story of Batman or his growth as a director in TDK and being able to explore new ground (either way, I'm hoping TDKR has more similarities w/ BB stylistically than TDK).
I prefer the Dark Knight just because we get to really see what Batman stands for, those last thirty seconds of the movie when Gordon describes what Batman has become as a Symbol and as a man protecting his city, always leaves me awe struck.

But I also am hoping they go back to the style of Batman Begins for Rises.

While I completley respect everyone else's opinions, I literally can't comprehend not preferring TDK as it's a marvel in every way it can be. It just pushed everything, the medium, to an entirely new level I didn't think certain types of films were capable of.

Vader182 wrote:While I completley respect everyone else's opinions, I literally can't comprehend not preferring TDK as it's a marvel in every way it can be. It just pushed everything, the medium, to an entirely new level I didn't think certain types of films were capable of.
I completely agree with this. While BB is a fine film, it is not on the same level as TDK. That movie single-handedly raised the bar for the entire superhero genre. And Heath's performance will be remembered for decades. Simply a phenomenal film

Also, did you catch how Wally said, "Wow, this is a perfect trilogy." That gets me extremely excited, sounds like they have a killer screenplay made for TDKR

JRM
^ I second what the two posters above me said.

TotemCheck21 wrote:
Vader182 wrote:While I completley respect everyone else's opinions, I literally can't comprehend not preferring TDK as it's a marvel in every way it can be. It just pushed everything, the medium, to an entirely new level I didn't think certain types of films were capable of.
I completely agree with this. While BB is a fine film, it is not on the same level as TDK. That movie single-handedly raised the bar for the entire superhero genre. And Heath's performance will be remembered for decades. Simply a phenomenal film
Exactly I agree with everything said the Dark Knight has changed things, but without Batman Begins it wouldn't be the force it is. When compared the Dark Knight is a better film while Begins is a better comic adaptation.

JUSTIN time wrote:
Syncopy54 wrote:So, who do you think prefers BB over TDK and vice versa? (I myself am a BB fan) I could really see it going either way... Pfister could appreciate the comic book look of BB or the IMAX experience of TDK, while Nolan could prefer telling the origin story of Batman or his growth as a director in TDK and being able to explore new ground (either way, I'm hoping TDKR has more similarities w/ BB stylistically than TDK).
I prefer the Dark Knight just because we get to really see what Batman stands for, those last thirty seconds of the movie when Gordon describes what Batman has become as a Symbol and as a man protecting his city, always leaves me awe struck.

But I also am hoping they go back to the style of Batman Begins for Rises.
Yeah, I agree very much!

This hype better be legit!