Joseph Gordon-Levitt as John Blake

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
THE-DARK-KNIGHT wrote:Variety says He is
Alberto Falcone
before official announcement John Blake :JGLface:
Yeah, they did. And I liked that rumor. When it was possible. A year ago.

I do not if this rumor has been reported and I do not how accurate it is but check the spoiler
Levitt's role is complete misdirection. I could ask for information. It from someone on superherohype that has reported accurate information before.

I don't think he'll play that significant a role. Part of me thinks that the guesswork over his role is a tactical ploy from Nolan. He is misdirecting us, perhaps?

Highland_3 wrote:I don't think he'll play that significant a role. Part of me thinks that the guesswork over his role is a tactical ploy from Nolan. He is misdirecting us, perhaps?
His role will be significant, because he'll essentially be our eyes to the people of Gotham.

madcowre wrote: His role will be significant, because he'll essentially be our eyes to the people of Gotham.
Apolgies if I'm being thick and missing something (I haven't read the past 100 or so pages) but what do you mean by this?

Highland_3 wrote:
madcowre wrote: His role will be significant, because he'll essentially be our eyes to the people of Gotham.
Apolgies if I'm being thick and missing something (I haven't read the past 100 or so pages) but what do you mean by this?
What I think he means is the same thing I have been thinking about John Blake. It has been 8 years since we last left Gotham, we will need sort of an introduction back into it. Seeing all our old friends and new ones. I think in this movie that is what John Blake will be. We will be introduced to this new Gotham through his eyes.

Highland_3 wrote:I don't think he'll play that significant a role. Part of me thinks that the guesswork over his role is a tactical ploy from Nolan. He is misdirecting us, perhaps?
His role is significant.

ComptonTerry wrote:
Highland_3 wrote:
What I think he means is the same thing I have been thinking about John Blake. It has been 8 years since we last left Gotham, we will need sort of an introduction back into it. Seeing all our old friends and new ones. I think in this movie that is what John Blake will be. We will be introduced to this new Gotham through his eyes.
Yeah, basically this. Though, he is a she :P

I think Blake will be our eyes into showing the audience how the people of Gotham view Batman/Bane's destruction...a POV we've never seen in Nolan's verse before.

madcowre wrote:
ComptonTerry wrote:
Yeah, basically this. Though, he is a she :P

I think Blake will be our eyes into showing the audience how the people of Gotham view Batman/Bane's destruction...a POV we've never seen in Nolan's verse before.
WHOOPS :shock:

I don't think it will solely rest on him to express gothans view. There are so many different groups within Gotham

The detached rich, the philanthropic rich , the cops, the criminals, the sedated lower class, the mobilized lower class

He simply cannot carry the view of all these groups but he will portray one perspective of it