Joseph Gordon-Levitt as John Blake

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
nolangoatdirector wrote:
Red Hood wrote:It would be pretty controversial to put JGL in the Batsuit.
As I said before, that's not gonna happen, unless some new director gets JGL to do a spinoff, which I hope does not happen. I was just saying that, in the Nolanverse, it is pretty obvious that Robin John Blake does go on to be the next Batman.
I say the ending is a speculation point. He could become whatever you want him to become. He could be the next Batman, Robin, Nightwing, Azrael, or maybe he could go on to form the Teen Titans!

Thedarknight628 wrote:
atilasantos wrote:
I think Nolan thought "Ok, I'll give this little gift for the comic book fans. And that's it!"
Jonathan Nolan said the robin thing was a nod to the fans.
Yeah, like a little easter egg. :)

madcowre wrote:
Thedarknight628 wrote: Jonathan Nolan said the robin thing was a nod to the fans.
Yeah, like a little easter egg. :)
That's right, easter egg.

atilasantos wrote:
madcowre wrote: Yeah, like a little easter egg. :)
That's right, easter egg.
Or a Robin egg, if one would prefer.

(I'm going now, it's ok)

Found these fan-theory on reddit. Makes John Blake even better imo.
I just finished a marathon session of watching all of the Nolan Batman films, thanks to my wife getting me the blue ray box set for Xmas and upon completion of TDKR this thought crossed my mind. I'm typing this all on my iPhone so please excuse any errors, formatting, spelling or otherwise.

Through out the films there is a running theme of overall morality and the struggles with moral compromise. In TDK, we are shown that the end game for Gordon and Batman is to accomplish a successful transition over to Harvey Dent. As we all know this plan is scrapped when the Joker exposes his ace in the hole and corrupts Harvey and transforms him into Two Face.
The reason this plan was so important was because Dent was everything that Batman was and MORE. Like Batman, Dent was incorruptible, but as a public figure and elected official of the city's legal system he had that one thing Batman would never be able to attain, credibility. It is those attributes as Harvey Dent, and not Two Face, that made Dent the shining light Gotham needed, it's "White Knight".

Now Bruce Wayne/Batman, as we all know, is that "immovable Object" with the one rule that is unwavering. The inability to kill even when it serves the greater good. Although he can be perceived as not the hero. As Gordon states at the end of TDK, "because that's what we need him to be, he's a silent guardian." (Paraphrased of course). Batman's operation outside of the traditional legal system is what makes his methods so effective, but in the long run will never be fully sustainable or accepted by the public and this what makes him "The Dark Knight".

Then in TDKR we are introduced to John Blake, a relatively made up character in the Nolanverse outside of one obscure coloring book appearance. We learn he is a forgotten child of Gotham, a son that was forced into a boy's home in the inner city. He eventually ages out of the system and become a cop with GPD and a very enthusiastic one at that. Very similar to Comish Gordon, so much so it draws ire from other senior officers on the force. We see he has the smarts to apparently figure out what nobody else did up to that point, that Bruce Wayne is Batman, and possesses the grit to do what is necessary when his life is in danger. As the movie comes to a close we are let in to the fact that Blake's real first name is Robin, in the ending montage we see that Wayne Manor has been converted into the new location for the boys home that Blake was raised in and that Bruce had given Blake the coordinate and the means to get into the Batcave. We assume that Blake is to take over as Batman and possibly even cultivate new apprentices from the boys school overhead.

Blake is chosen to take over because he is a very close to perfect balance between Harvey Dent, (being groomed in the legitimate legal system of Gotham and knowing when to use lethal force even though it sickens him to do so) and Batman (the symbol, the morally incorruptible anti hero that can stand against the underbelly of Gotham alone). He is the next generation of Gotham, the forgotten son of Gotham that embodies both most of the best characteristics of both Gotham's White and Dark Knights. He is the balance, he is the Gray son.

TL;DR- Robin John Blake is a made up character by Nolan that was never a Robin in any of the comics. But he is the perfect mix of Gotham's White and Dark Knights, Harvey Dent and Batman making him the Gray Son. As in Grayson, the original Robin.
Source : http://www.reddit.com/r/FanTheories/com ... _spoilers/
gib sigs

Pratham wrote:Found these fan-theory on reddit. Makes John Blake even better imo.
I just finished a marathon session of watching all of the Nolan Batman films, thanks to my wife getting me the blue ray box set for Xmas and upon completion of TDKR this thought crossed my mind. I'm typing this all on my iPhone so please excuse any errors, formatting, spelling or otherwise.

Through out the films there is a running theme of overall morality and the struggles with moral compromise. In TDK, we are shown that the end game for Gordon and Batman is to accomplish a successful transition over to Harvey Dent. As we all know this plan is scrapped when the Joker exposes his ace in the hole and corrupts Harvey and transforms him into Two Face.
The reason this plan was so important was because Dent was everything that Batman was and MORE. Like Batman, Dent was incorruptible, but as a public figure and elected official of the city's legal system he had that one thing Batman would never be able to attain, credibility. It is those attributes as Harvey Dent, and not Two Face, that made Dent the shining light Gotham needed, it's "White Knight".

Now Bruce Wayne/Batman, as we all know, is that "immovable Object" with the one rule that is unwavering. The inability to kill even when it serves the greater good. Although he can be perceived as not the hero. As Gordon states at the end of TDK, "because that's what we need him to be, he's a silent guardian." (Paraphrased of course). Batman's operation outside of the traditional legal system is what makes his methods so effective, but in the long run will never be fully sustainable or accepted by the public and this what makes him "The Dark Knight".

Then in TDKR we are introduced to John Blake, a relatively made up character in the Nolanverse outside of one obscure coloring book appearance. We learn he is a forgotten child of Gotham, a son that was forced into a boy's home in the inner city. He eventually ages out of the system and become a cop with GPD and a very enthusiastic one at that. Very similar to Comish Gordon, so much so it draws ire from other senior officers on the force. We see he has the smarts to apparently figure out what nobody else did up to that point, that Bruce Wayne is Batman, and possesses the grit to do what is necessary when his life is in danger. As the movie comes to a close we are let in to the fact that Blake's real first name is Robin, in the ending montage we see that Wayne Manor has been converted into the new location for the boys home that Blake was raised in and that Bruce had given Blake the coordinate and the means to get into the Batcave. We assume that Blake is to take over as Batman and possibly even cultivate new apprentices from the boys school overhead.

Blake is chosen to take over because he is a very close to perfect balance between Harvey Dent, (being groomed in the legitimate legal system of Gotham and knowing when to use lethal force even though it sickens him to do so) and Batman (the symbol, the morally incorruptible anti hero that can stand against the underbelly of Gotham alone). He is the next generation of Gotham, the forgotten son of Gotham that embodies both most of the best characteristics of both Gotham's White and Dark Knights. He is the balance, he is the Gray son.

TL;DR- Robin John Blake is a made up character by Nolan that was never a Robin in any of the comics. But he is the perfect mix of Gotham's White and Dark Knights, Harvey Dent and Batman making him the Gray Son. As in Grayson, the original Robin.
What coloring book appearance? And I think that it's implied that Blake will NOT resort to lethal force when fighting crime, given his reaction when he shot those two guys at the construction site.

Pratham wrote:Found these fan-theory on reddit. Makes John Blake even better imo.

That is a really nice theory.

Thedarknight628 wrote:

That is a really nice theory.
This just blew my head off.