Eva Green calls catwoman rumors "bullshit"

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Cracks babe Eva Green is reportedly fed up with being linked to superhero films. The former Bond girl who is known for her roles in films including The Golden Compass, Kingdom of Heaven and Franklyn was rumoured to be in line for the role of Catwoman in Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises before losing out to Anne Hathaway.

But Eva insists she was never up for the part nor is she any of the other superhero blockbusters she's been linked to. "I heard I was on the shortlist for Batman or something but I was never approached for it, I think it's a lot of bulls***. People just throw your name onto the Internet or something. I'm not saying I wouldn't do a comic book movie but it depends on the director and it's always important that there's another facet and I'm playing a very strong woman."

Green can currently be seen in the Chris Chibnall and Michael Hirst created Camelot with Joseph Fiennes and Tamsin Egerton, She is set to return to the silver screen alongside Ewan McGregor in David Mackenzie's Perfect Sense. The romantic drama follows a chef and a scientist fall in love as an epidemic begins to rob people of their sensory perceptions. The film should arrive in cinemas later this year.
http://www.thefancarpet.com/NewsPage.aspx?n_id=2896

I think she hates Nolan. :JGLface:

No! She can't hate Nolan! I want to see them work together someday! I have always wanted to see that.

She never said or hinted that she hated Nolan... :roll:

That actually seems like a ridiculously pissy and overdramatic response to this. At worst, it means somebody thinks you'd be an awesome addition to a big film. Yes, that attitude implies she's not fond of Nolan in some capacity, though I don't really think that was intentional. Jeez. I've only ever seen celebrities go "wow, that would be awesome, but no, no" or "Haha, no, I'd much rather watch the part"

JRM
Is there a reason she sounds so . . . angry? :lol:

It doesn't make much sense to me. It's not like people were accusing her of stealing some other celeb's man or anything. Geez.

JRM wrote:Is there a reason she sounds so . . . angry? :lol:

Uh...she's French.

JRM wrote:Is there a reason she sounds so . . . angry? :lol:

well...she's bitter.

imagine having to hear that you will possibly be in the batman movies, when in reality, you know it will never happen....its like being teased

I think she's on the "Nolan can't write strong woman" bandwagon

That article is completely misleading. I'll have to find where I read her exact words, but she actually said she would've loved it if she was up for the role. She also said she didn't want play a stereotypical strong woman with no vulnerability, which was what the 'other facet' comment was about.

Bueller's right. People who see it as hatred towards Nolan are completely misreading it. Here's the full interview.
It's interesting that your name keeps popping up on short lists or wish lists, perhaps, for superhero roles. Is that actually something of interest to you?
No, somebody just asked me if I was, like, on the short list for 'Batman' or something, and I was never approached for it. I don't know. I think it's a lot of bullshit, and people just throw your name onto the Internet or something.

You were on the short list for Catwoman in the next Batman movie.
Really? If only. No.

Is that of interest?
Just Catwoman?

No, in general.
It depends on the director and it's always important that there's another facet, that it's not just like a very strong woman. It's nice to see the other side, the vulnerable side, the most human. So I don't know. If it's a bit cliché or cartoon, I don't know.