There will be a 3rd villain

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
The Joker was clearly intended to be the main villain for TDKR. No one could have predicted Heath's death. Therefore no one should hold Nolan accountable for picking bad villains or messing up the story arc. Bane is a fantastic villain; he is brilliant, tactical, and ruthless. Unfortunately, the morons behind Batman and Robin did a terrible job at adapting the character. Bane will observe Batman and find his mental and physical weaknesses. Nolan will nail this film (the guy never disappoints). As for Hugo Strange, most of the stories involving Hugo are about discovering Batman's identity. This issue was already tackled in the Dark Knight with Coleman Reese. Nolan has already confirmed that the Penguin and the Riddler won't be in the film. As for Talia Al Ghul, the conclusion to the trilogy should no end with Batman beating up a woman. Plus, her appearance would feel somewhat forced since the story arc involving her father was closed shut in Batman Begins. Firefly would not fit into Nolan's realistic version of Gotham. Deadshot is very unlikely. The Black Mask would make the story way too complicated. Batman should not fight Anne Hathaway... that would just be cruel. Catwoman should serve as a love interest and moral conflict. Sal Maroni should be in jail since Batman sacrificed his image to save Dent's and keep the mobsters in prison. The real questions are, who is Bane and why does he want to mess with Batman? Will Batman ultimately choose to be with Catwoman? How will Batman boost his PR? How will Nolan explain the current status of the Joker in TDKR? Will anyone die? The title of TDKR suggests a positive outcome. I doubt Nolan meant that the Dark Knight is going to rise to heaven...
:batface:

Paradox wrote: Firefly would not fit into Nolan's realistic version of Gotham. The Black Mask would make the story way too complicated.

Batman should not fight Anne Hathaway... that would just be cruel. Catwoman should serve as a love interest and moral conflict. Will Batman ultimately choose to be with Catwoman?

The real questions are, who is Bane and why does he want to mess with Batman? How will Batman boost his PR? How will Nolan explain the current status of the Joker in TDKR? Will anyone die? The title of TDKR suggests a positive outcome. I doubt Nolan meant that the Dark Knight is going to rise to heaven
Firefly could work if his character was an arsonist, which is very realistic. Blackmask would complicate the story, but people have brought up having Roman Sionis being a mob boss, and keeping him as a pre-Blackmask character.

But really you could just take any tactics or story arc part from any villain and attribute it to Bane (like Ra's releasing Arkham's criminals).

I don't even want to see Catwoman on screen just Selina Kyle (thief). I'm not against, but I am still not sure if a love interest would help move the story forward at this point. A will they, won't they scenario isn't a satisfying end to the trilogy.

As for Bane's reason that is something I can't put my finger on, although some people have said he could be looking for retribution for the league of shadows or maybe he has to defeat Batman (Who defeated Ra's) to earn the respect of the league and become leader. Batman doesn't need to boost his PR but I think some how his status will return to vigilante instead of most wanted. Joker is spending time in Arkham bidding his time until he has another plan to ensue chaos in Gotham. Coleman Reese could die, his storyline needs to be wrapped up to many people know about him saying that he knew Batman's identity. Definitely going to be a positive ending or at least a dark optimistic ending like the Dark Knight.

^What Paradox said. :!:

Paradox wrote:The Joker was clearly intended to be the main villain for TDKR. No one could have predicted Heath's death. Therefore no one should hold Nolan accountable for picking bad villains or messing up the story arc. Bane is a fantastic villain; he is brilliant, tactical, and ruthless. Unfortunately, the morons behind Batman and Robin did a terrible job at adapting the character. Bane will observe Batman and find his mental and physical weaknesses. Nolan will nail this film (the guy never disappoints). As for Hugo Strange, most of the stories involving Hugo are about discovering Batman's identity. This issue was already tackled in the Dark Knight with Coleman Reese. Nolan has already confirmed that the Penguin and the Riddler won't be in the film. As for Talia Al Ghul, the conclusion to the trilogy should no end with Batman beating up a woman. Plus, her appearance would feel somewhat forced since the story arc involving her father was closed shut in Batman Begins. Firefly would not fit into Nolan's realistic version of Gotham. Deadshot is very unlikely. The Black Mask would make the story way too complicated. Batman should not fight Anne Hathaway... that would just be cruel. Catwoman should serve as a love interest and moral conflict. Sal Maroni should be in jail since Batman sacrificed his image to save Dent's and keep the mobsters in prison. The real questions are, who is Bane and why does he want to mess with Batman? Will Batman ultimately choose to be with Catwoman? How will Batman boost his PR? How will Nolan explain the current status of the Joker in TDKR? Will anyone die? The title of TDKR suggests a positive outcome. I doubt Nolan meant that the Dark Knight is going to rise to heaven...
:batface:
I agree about most of what is written above.And yes i also think Catwoman will be in the movie as a partner in crime and love intrest.