Tom Hardy as Bane

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Why is it stupid? What is the issue with these things? I don't understand.
I think the mask could work, but not as a constant or a wrestlers mask. I'd love to the mask redesigned with similar features as the original, but with red and black as the color palate. But a straight up leather wrestlers mask would be dumb in my opinion...
Redesign it then, have it double as identity masking and protection. The rest of the outfit I don't know, but you can't just have Tom Hardy running around as Bane if he doesn't resemble the character at all.

Thanks for posting this Talli. I'm glad to hear others are also excited about Bane! He's a brilliant character and I can't express how happy I am that Nolan obviously realizes this and that he will get the on screen justice he deserves! Bane will finally be fully realized and hopefully make a triumphant comic return as well once Nolan truly revitalizes this character. Thank you Chris for doing this I am so happy right now.

my predictions for Bane

1. he will not wear a leotard
2. he will not wear a wrestler's mask
3. his fighting outfit is gonna be reminiscent to something of the league of shadows
4. he is not going to be of colossal size...probably same build as Bale in Begins
5. He is not going to be wrestling (The man has learned various martial arts disciplines, for god's sake why would he resort to wrestling)
6. the fighting sequences are going to be highly choreographed through some form of martial arts
7. He will have a smooth Spanish accent

talli wrote:my predictions for Bane

1. he will not wear a leotard
2. he will not wear a wrestler's mask
3. his fighting outfit is gonna be reminiscent to something of the league of shadows
4. he is not going to be of colossal size...probably same build as Bale in Begins
5. He is not going to be wrestling (The man has learned various martial arts disciplines, for god's sake why would he resort to wrestling)
6. the fighting sequences are going to be highly choreographed through some form of martial arts
7. He will have a smooth Spanish accent
Why is he going to look like the league of shadows guys? A look that is very Asian oriented and not Hispanic. I mean the wrestler's mask was because of the Hispanic roots, very Lucha Libre. There's nothing wrong with wrestling or certain grappling styles like BJJ. I do agree he will be versed in other MADs, but still.

#6 is a given, they've been super choreographed since day 1. I can't wait to hear Hardy's spanish accent. I wonder if he's going to be like spray tanned or something.

I mean the wrestler's mask was because of the Hispanic roots, very Lucha Libre. There's nothing wrong with wrestling or certain grappling styles like BJJ.
Bane's wrestling mask is irrelevant to the type of wrestling one would equate to BJJ. Bane's much more of a WWE style wrestler then the real folkstyle wrestling or Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioners. I agree that there's nothing wrong with BJJ (Although training ground game isn't my favorite...), but it would be incredibly boring to watch, especially in a film. I'd much rather see a Wing Chun/Muay Thai battle in Rises then Bane and Batman grappling...

I think for the fights hardy is going to look the same but he is going to seem a lot stronger or faster than batman.

Crazy Eight wrote:
I mean the wrestler's mask was because of the Hispanic roots, very Lucha Libre. There's nothing wrong with wrestling or certain grappling styles like BJJ.
Bane's wrestling mask is irrelevant to the type of wrestling one would equate to BJJ. Bane's much more of a WWE style wrestler then the real folkstyle wrestling or Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioners. I agree that there's nothing wrong with BJJ (Although training ground game isn't my favorite...), but it would be incredibly boring to watch, especially in a film. I'd much rather see a Wing Chun/Muay Thai battle in Rises then Bane and Batman grappling...
I know the two are not connected, I was simply listing BJJ as another style he could possibly utilize. The ones you listed work too.

ahh yes I can picture it now, a glorious way to finish the trilogy.. bruce is crippled and the camera slowly pans in on his wheelchair (black matte color) and then cuts to black

I think that Bane discovering batman's true identity is a great idea to have in TDKR and would really draw in a climax.

I don't want him to wear a wrestler mask are you kidding?,
I want him to wear the rapist mask :roll: