Tom Hardy as Bane

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Law_of_4 wrote:
Skyab23 wrote:
When they talk about memorable villains 20 years from now, they'll speak of Hannibal Lector, Darth Vader, and the Joker. Bane won't even be mentioned in a passing breath. Now, go lie in the road and say a hail mary after that blasphemous statement you made about Heath.
My man, this isn't a criticize Nolan website.. every post you make is something bad about the film. If you don't like Bane, the plot holes, the flaws, the characters, then get the fuck off the site. I'll take a warning or ban for this but somebody had to say it. All you do is bitch and moan about this movie, go to superherohype.com where doing that isn't frowned upon.
My man, I've been here nearly a year now, and nearly all of my criticism has been about TDKR before the film, from what I saw, and after the film, analyzing what I've seen. It's called having an opinion that is different than yours. My posts are at least filled with analysis and specificity. I don't just throw out generalizations. You're going to hear my criticisms about TDKR because I feel it is Nolan's most worst edited film, with underdeveloped characters and glaring plot holes. You won't hear me criticize Following, Memento, Prestige, Begins, Inception, TDK (yeah I might criticize Insomnia but unlikely).

I don't think the mods are going to ban a member who has never used curse words, who has never called people names and who has contributed to this site, even if those views have been contrary to the majority opinion here. Many know that I had a lot of reservations before TDKR came out...when I saw the film, those reservations were quieted and I was pleasantly surprised at how well they worked (Hathaway, football scene, dialogue). However, while those reservations were suppressed, other problems came about that I certainly didn't expect, such as the editing, the underdeveloped characters, and the various plot holes that have already been identified. I like but certainly do not love the film. Grow up and respect a contrary opinion.
Last edited by Skyab23 on July 25th, 2012, 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mariocarner wrote:When i watched The Dark Knight Rise I became a fan of Tom Hardy because
he done outstanding work in this movie.
DId you se any of his other work? Inception?
Brave New World

I guess Tom Hardy have to die to get recognition for his role !!! After seeing it 3 times, I'm blown away by Tom's performance. He put some many details, all ''the eyes plays'', the voice, the accent is just so great ! He took the chance to put something new in some scenes that most of the actors would go with something ''normal'', like the scene
when he killed Dagget
he doesn't put the paml of the hand on his shoulder but the back. I mean it's a little details, but it's the little details that made a good performance I think. By the way, I can't understand how Tom put on that weight, I mean in the scene when
Gordon was taken
you see him whitout shirt, he's so big !!

The Gynecologist wrote:I guess Tom Hardy have to die to get recognition for his role !!! After seeing it 3 times, I'm blown away by Tom's performance. He put some many details, all ''the eyes plays'', the voice, the accent is just so great ! He took the chance to put something new in some scenes that most of the actors would go with something ''normal'', like the scene
when he killed Dagget
he doesn't put the paml of the hand on his shoulder but the back. I mean it's a little details, but it's the little details that made a good performance I think. By the way, I can't understand how Tom put on that weight, I mean in the scene when
Gordon was taken
He definitely got big for the role but I think Christian Bale's transformation from rail thin in The Machinist to a beast in Batman Begins then he does it again when he played a crack head in The Fighter before returning to TDKR, is the most impressive physical transformation I've seen. Nolan even said that when they interviewed him for the role of Bruce Wayne for Batman Begins, they could see his ribs through his shirt!

The Gynecologist wrote:I guess Tom Hardy have to die to get recognition for his role !!! After seeing it 3 times, I'm blown away by Tom's performance. He put some many details, all ''the eyes plays'', the voice, the accent is just so great ! He took the chance to put something new in some scenes that most of the actors would go with something ''normal'', like the scene
when he killed Dagget
Gordon was taken
I understand exactly what you mean:-) It's also the little things I notice that he does too, that makes the character of Bane BREATHE...he is more than a hulking, scary mask of a man..this man is human even if he embraces monstrosity. It would be t easy to portray just as a hulking man who is angry, and a lot of people would portray Bane that way and take the easy way out.....Hardy did portray him scary, this is true, but even though he was frightening..I still understood the depth of intelligence and observation of the world he had. Which partly intrigued me, but still kinda frightened me...If I wasnt so scared of his presence...I would love to sit down and have a cup of tea with him and talk about art or books..lol... I think he gave the character a lot of depth..through his movements, his eyes..and his hands even...really watch how he uses his hands to portray emotion..and not just physicality...he gives these little ticks of anticipation before going into a rage...and his eyes.....at the ending of the speech scene.. on the words CORRUPT and RESIGNATION he is spitting daggers...not only with his words but his eyes as well...he also makes other comments in a tone that is so not like one would think he would have...this character despite his background and the hell that he grew up and lived through..he is aware of the world around him..noting the child's voice...and other things...and that in turn makes his performance, for me anyways, that much more intriguing to watch. Acting is using your entire body.....not just reciting lines. You have to make the character breathe, you have to make him live. if not..you might as well portray a mannequin or robot.

These little things he does once you pick up on them...they really add so much and make the performance intriguing, to me anyways:-) Seeing it again for the second time tonight.. Im excited to see what else I will pick up on.

Btw..Hardy is skinny as hell for Mad Max..just saw some pics...wonder how much weight he as lost.??

Watched it again today. Really blown away by Bane's menacing actions. His voice was really really scary, I loved almost every delivery. Notably,
"You betrayed us." during the first encounter with Batman; and when he made the speech on top of a tumbler.
He was so good. I don't know why it took me the third time around to fully appreciate his performance. But it was really really good :clap: :clap:

dmcn307 wrote:Watched it again today. Really blown away by Bane's menacing actions. His voice was really really scary, I loved almost every delivery. Notably,
"You betrayed us." during the first encounter with Batman; and when he made the speech on top of a tumbler.
He was so good. I don't know why it took me the third time around to fully appreciate his performance. But it was really really good :clap: :clap:
Its all in the eyes and the voice
Brave New World

Whats that line were Bane says to Dagget something like "Do you feel powerful?" I don't know if that's the exact wording but I loved that part as well as what he said after. Half of my theater last night cracked up at that part.

He just rested his hand gently on his shoulder. :lol:
Brave New World

ComptonTerry wrote:Whats that line were Bane says to Dagget something like "Do you feel powerful?" I don't know if that's the exact wording but I loved that part as well as what he said after. Half of my theater last night cracked up at that part.
Do you feel in charge?

and suddenly Dagget became a startled little boy :clap: