Tom Hardy as Bane

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Bacon wrote:Proof:
Joker - Left hanging. Lives/Dies ???
Two-Face - Pushed off a building and snaps his neck.
Scarecrow - Is tazed by Rachel.
Bane - Shot by the Batpod cannon by Selina.
Falcone - All you see is him in Arkham saying Scarecrow.
Maroni - In a car crash. Lives/Dies ???
Ra's - Climactic
Talia - Somewhat climactic. A little less than Ra's.

Other characters that could be considered villains are no exceptions:
Foley - Shot/Run over ???
Flass - Knocked out
Daggett - Neck broken. Climactic.
Daggett's partner - Falls through thin ice. Somewhat climactic.
That "Frreeeeaaak" dude - Fed to dogs ???
Josh Stewart's character (I need his name) - Shot by random gun. (i think)
Josh Stewart plays Barsad!

ComptonTerry wrote:
Vader182 wrote:
However, unlike you, I don't think that randomly devalues Bane's character. It's just something in the film I preferred was handled differently.
Alright fair enough if you feel that way but I didn't and I'm struggling with it.

I think it's a fitting development to Bane's character and here's why
Bane's death--because--of its unceremonial quality serves as a perfect ending to his character both thematically and personally:
Bane breaks people's necks conversationally without pomp and without spectacle (though obviously sometimes for more reactionary effect). He doesn't devise games and mazes like the Joker and his murders provide no hint of passion or hatred but are seeped in cold blood--moreso than perhaps any character I've ever seen. Bane doesn't exist for to usher anarchy or to initiate chaos. He, by his very nature exists as a kind of paradox and a foil to himself in that the enactment of his plan is exquistly deliberate and each element maintains the purpose of inspiring terror through practical and spectacular means (the football scene for one) but at the same time issuing death bluntly and casually.

Aryakel wrote:
ComptonTerry wrote:
Alright fair enough if you feel that way but I didn't and I'm struggling with it.

I think it's a fitting development to Bane's character and here's why
Bane's death--because--of its unceremonial quality serves as a perfect ending to his character both thematically and personally:
Bane breaks people's necks conversationally without pomp and without spectacle (though obviously sometimes for more reactionary effect). He doesn't devise games and mazes like the Joker and his murders provide no hint of passion or hatred but are seeped in cold blood--moreso than perhaps any character I've ever seen. Bane doesn't exist for to usher anarchy or to initiate chaos. He, by his very nature exists as a kind of paradox and a foil to himself in that the enactment of his plan is exquistly deliberate and each element maintains the purpose of inspiring terror through practical and spectacular means (the football scene for one) but at the same time issuing death bluntly and casually.
Expertly written.. may I have permission to quote you for future posts? (I know I just set myself up for a joke there :-D )

cchriswake wrote:
Expertly written.. may I have permission to quote you for future posts? (I know I just set myself up for a joke there :-D )
When you bow down to me, then you have my permission to quote..but, seriously, of course! :)

MY KINGDOM FOR A GIF/SCREENSHOT OF
BANES BEAUTIFUL FACE IN THE FLASHBACK

Bacon wrote:
Both Bane AND Scarecrow were pawns. Bane was set up as more though, as he had more to do with Talia then Scarecrow did with Ra's. Both were killed in anti-climactic ways but Scarecrow's was worse. Bane had an epic fight in which he was already defeated. Scarecrow got 2 seconds of awesomeness (horse/fire scene) and was taken out by a weak tool by a girl. Bane at least was shot by a freaking cannon by a girl who needed redemption, AFTER being in a climactic fight against Batman. Also, I believe Scarecrow/Crane has more screen time than Ra's. I prefer Bane's end in TDKR to Scarecrow's in BB any day.
In fact, most of Nolan's villains go out of his Batman films in an anti-climactic way only with a few exception.
Proof:
Ra's - Climactic

Flass - Knocked out
Barsad - Shot by random gun.
The Chechen aka The "Frrreeeeeaaak" dude's fate is unknown. The Joker suggested it but it is unknown if it happened. And you forgot about Gambol.

GothamGirl wrote:MY KINGDOM FOR A GIF/SCREENSHOT OF
I would kill for a gif of bane's tears. I felt his sympathy. So sad

Z. Cobb wrote:
GothamGirl wrote:MY KINGDOM FOR A GIF/SCREENSHOT OF
I would kill for a gif of bane's tears. I felt his sympathy. So sad

Legit my face when Bane
started crying
and when Bruce
jumped the gap.

I've only cried durning 2 movies...but I couldn't hold back with this one. DAMN YOU NOLAN. DAMN. YOU.

Red Hood wrote:
Bacon wrote:
Both Bane AND Scarecrow were pawns. Bane was set up as more though, as he had more to do with Talia then Scarecrow did with Ra's. Both were killed in anti-climactic ways but Scarecrow's was worse. Bane had an epic fight in which he was already defeated. Scarecrow got 2 seconds of awesomeness (horse/fire scene) and was taken out by a weak tool by a girl. Bane at least was shot by a freaking cannon by a girl who needed redemption, AFTER being in a climactic fight against Batman. Also, I believe Scarecrow/Crane has more screen time than Ra's. I prefer Bane's end in TDKR to Scarecrow's in BB any day.
In fact, most of Nolan's villains go out of his Batman films in an anti-climactic way only with a few exception.
Proof:
Ra's - Climactic

Flass - Knocked out
Barsad - Shot by random gun.
The Chechen aka The "Frrreeeeeaaak" dude's fate is unknown. The Joker suggested it but it is unknown if it happened. And you forgot about Gambol.
Who's Barsad?
Sigs???

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
Red Hood wrote:
Who's Barsad?
The dude on the right: