Tom Hardy as Bane

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
Queen of Hearts wrote:
Uhhh I'd love him...;-) But to be honest though...he could have felt something more..just never acted on it...
He was like...20 years older than her, though.
Yeah.

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
Queen of Hearts wrote:
Uhhh I'd love him...;-) But to be honest though...he could have felt something more..just never acted on it...
He was like...20 years older than her, though.
That's what confused people
why would Ra's be so effended if he saved Talia. He thought bane was a monster after Almost dying for his daughter. Unless it was romantic. Which itwas not.
Brave New World

I have mixed feelings on Bane. I loved him 1/3 into the movie. He was mean, menacing, badass.

Then when he's revealed as simply an LOS stooge, it took a lot of flame out of the character for me.

Also the voice was really hit and miss. Sometimes his voice was very cool in a different way, other times he sounded like an 80 year old man on a respirator. I guess that was the intention, but it sounded silly at times.

Either way Tom Hardy did a good job overall, but I think he could been a much cooler character, without the LOS stuff and tone down the voice a little bit.

Probably talked about somewhere else already, but how old was Bane during the movie?
If Talia is Marion Cotillard's age, she's about 35 or 36, so twenty-five years passed since she climbed out of the cave. Bane could have been 18 years old then, so 43 during the movie at the youngest, or he could be in his mid 50s...

Of course, Talia could be younger, but that makes her relationship with Bruce a little weirder.

I think Tom Hardy did a great job as Bane, and the voice did not bother me at all. It was just loud at some times...
Last edited by xSeanZx on July 22nd, 2012, 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stanley wrote:I have mixed feelings on Bane. I loved him 1/3 into the movie. He was mean, menacing, badass.

Then when he's revealed as simply an LOS stooge, it took a lot of flame out of the character for me.

Also the voice was really hit and miss. Sometimes his voice was very cool in a different way, other times he sounded like an 80 year old man on a respirator. I guess that was the intention, but it sounded silly at times.

Either way Tom Hardy did a good job overall, but I think he could been a much cooler character, without the LOS stuff and tone down the voice a little bit.
I hate to say I agree. His character was great early on but was wasted later. His end was also the silliest thing and completely anti climactic.

ComptonTerry wrote:
stanley wrote:I have mixed feelings on Bane. I loved him 1/3 into the movie. He was mean, menacing, badass.

I hate to say I agree. His character was great early on but was wasted later. His end was also the silliest thing and completely anti climactic.
I agree. Selina's line didn't help, either.

Hes not just some guy. Hes the anti batman. I loved him through the whole film
Brave New World

ComptonTerry wrote:

And Scarecrow being shot by a tazer was less silly?

All they needed during the entire movie to defeat Bane was a gun. Even Catwoman could have shot him during the sewer fight. :P