Tom Hardy as Bane

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Vader182 wrote:I just posted this in the plot hole thread, but I strongly feel it has a place here as well.
Bane didn't join the league 'out of' love for Talia. He was in prison and wanted to fight for and protect an innocent helpless young girl, willing to sacrifice himself for her. This was meant to demonstrate his desire to protect and fight or the innocent, and the league "offered" him a path (well, Talia did) the same way they did to Bruce, making Bane an ultimate foil of Bruce's character. Everything Bane did in the film he felt he was doing for the betterment of humanity and the world out of a noble love for humanity. His humanity is reinforced throughout the film, such as when he enjoys the boy's beautiful voice.

Bane's a full formed human being, which gives the extremity of his actions a disturbing layer few villains ever seem to possess. He hugely feels like a person that could actually exist in terrifying fashion, something you can't say about The Joker.
-Vader
I like you.

banepants wrote:
ryan4butler wrote:
people keep complaining about Talia and banes relationship. It was nothing romantic more like a big brother. He protected her when she was young. They love eachother pike family.
Anyone who thinks that Bane is
underdeveloped needs to pay the fuck attention. I think the relationship goes beyond big brother. I think it was Bane's way of protecting hope. People who didn't like him need to listen to his monologue about hope and despair.
It's aggravating. I've heard from more than a few non die hards how they didn't think he lived up to the Joker. To them I say...
pay the fuck attention.
:JGLface: :roll:
For me Bane outdoes the joker. I mean he was great but done before well and heath was very good but bane is new. Bane is scathe like a horror movie. The joker blew up a hospital and killed some people but bane blew up a city. He killed many more. He did this with furry and an iron fist. I think Bane wants to prove himself to Ra's as a great man and worthy of his daughter. Greatest Gillian of all time if I can say that.
Brave New World

Vader182 wrote:I just posted this in the plot hole thread, but I strongly feel it has a place here as well.
Bane didn't join the league 'out of' love for Talia. He was in prison and wanted to fight for and protect an innocent helpless young girl, willing to sacrifice himself for her. This was meant to demonstrate his desire to protect and fight or the innocent, and the league "offered" him a path (well, Talia did) the same way they did to Bruce, making Bane an ultimate foil of Bruce's character. Everything Bane did in the film he felt he was doing for the betterment of humanity and the world out of a noble love for humanity. His humanity is reinforced throughout the film, such as when he enjoys the boy's beautiful voice.

Bane's a full formed human being, which gives the extremity of his actions a disturbing layer few villains ever seem to possess. He hugely feels like a person that could actually exist in terrifying fashion, something you can't say about The Joker.
-Vader
Winner winner chicken dinner.

-Vader
Game. Set. Match.

Vader rises, Bane haters sink.

-Vader

Yes, yes, more yes.

Bane's speech (not in full and bolded words to reflect Hardy's delivery)

"I present to you as the shining example of justice. You have been supplied with a false idol to stop you from tearing down this corrupt city. Let me tell you the truth about Harvey Dent from the words of Gotham's police commissioner James Gordon. The Batman didn't murder Harvey Dent, he saved my boy then took the blame for Harvey's appalling crime so that I could, to my shame, build a lie around this fallen idol. I praised the mad man who tried to murder my own child but I can no longer live with my lie. It is time to trust the people of Gotham with the truth and it is time for me to resign. And do you accept this man's resignation? Do you accept the resignation of all these liars? Of all the corrupt?"

His delivery is incredible here.
Last edited by cchriswake on July 22nd, 2012, 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lukestarkiller90 wrote:

-Vader

Yes, yes, more yes.
Brilliant evaluation. Bane was amazing.

I'm sorry but the first fight scene where bane breaks batmans back made me realize how much better of a villain bane was than the joker. The monologue was fucking incredible. His voice so powerful..... You felt that it really was the end for batman and I think that is what was so emotionally driving for this movie. The joker was incredible for completely different reasons, but I never realized how non threatening the joker was.

Banes character was an emotional tour de force, and he finally made us believe that batman really was in danger. Although a fun character, I look back on the joker now and realize I never was truly worked for batman, and that just made the emotional drive lacking. I will post more thoughts later I am on my iPad right now

Bane was a hell lot of fun to watch.

JONATHAN3D wrote:Bane was a hell lot of fun to watch.
He was the berries.