Tom Hardy as Bane

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I'ma say it 1 more time: Chris Nolan & Emma Thomas told our guys they'll "clean up" the Bane audio, not change it. @THR post is OLD NON-NEWS
Variety

Addicted2Movies wrote:
Tristy wrote:
I can't conceive how this vision of Bane would be hurt by giving his voice greater lucidity. :neutral:
Here's an example:

What if there is an actual purpose behind Bane's seemingly "incoherent" voice? What if the final scene for Bane in the film were to be him taking off his mask for one final powerful word before he dies. The impact of having a character who's voice was muffled and mechanized for the vast majority of the film taking off his mask and delivering a final, resonating, human and completely understandable line would be heavily detracted if they altered the delivery of his voice for the majority of the film.

thats exactly what i've been speculating..and i dont want that moment to be ruined.

mchekhov wrote:
Addicted2Movies wrote:
Here's an example:

What if there is an actual purpose behind Bane's seemingly "incoherent" voice? What if the final scene for Bane in the film were to be him taking off his mask for one final powerful word before he dies. The impact of having a character who's voice was muffled and mechanized for the vast majority of the film taking off his mask and delivering a final, resonating, human and completely understandable line would be heavily detracted if they altered the delivery of his voice for the majority of the film.

thats exactly what i've been speculating..and i dont want that moment to be ruined.
I like his accent, the fact that you can't hear him coherently makes him seem more threatening in a way, as if he doesn't care about being seen or heard as intimidating, powerful or destructive, he just wants to see Gotham collapse. But what you're saying is also true - I'm sure there will be a powerful moment where we hear his voice without his mask.

Allstar wrote:
I'ma say it 1 more time: Chris Nolan & Emma Thomas told our guys they'll "clean up" the Bane audio, not change it. @THR post is OLD NON-NEWS
Variety
I can safely say that this is all that most of us are asking for who have issues with the voice. The accent, pitch, delivery, etc. are all fantastic. It's the sound mix that's problematic.

Nolanoscopy wrote: Very reminiscent of Darth Vader in the final Star Wars. The juxtaposition of his large black suit and deep, frightening, modulated voice with his pale white build and his weak, raspy, wheezy actual voice was a very revealing and powerful thing. It gave him a human element that, up to that point, he hadn't had. So I am all for the thought that Banes voice could be a plot device of some kind.
I like the juxtaposition.

But let’s not forget Darth Vader was easy to understand and CLEARLY enunciated his words unlike some other mechanized villains I know. :roll:

I like how instead of going in the venom direction Nolan is using the mask to show Bane's experience through his battle scars

apw wrote: “Chris wants the audience to catch up and participate rather than push everything at them. He doesn't dumb things down," says one high-level exec, declining to be named. “You've got to pedal faster to keep up.”
I don't think messing with a voice is necessarily dumbing things down. I like his voice but sometimes I can't understand him.
Besides, that statement isn't true, he was holding our hands in Inception.

jibran wrote:
apw wrote: “Chris wants the audience to catch up and participate rather than push everything at them. He doesn't dumb things down," says one high-level exec, declining to be named. “You've got to pedal faster to keep up.”
I don't think messing with a voice is necessarily dumbing things down. I like his voice but sometimes I can't understand him.
To some extent yes, but that was only with the basics and exposition. With the story of the heist itself, you had to keep up because of the way in which it plays out.

christophmac wrote:
jibran wrote:
To some extent yes, but that was only with the basics and exposition. With the story of the heist itself, you had to keep up because of the way in which it plays out.
It's barely the mind-bender which people make it out to be. And it doesn't need to be either, it's a damn good film.

What are the opinions on getting a shot of Bane while Batman is under the influence of Scarecrow's fear toxin? I think it's going to happen.