Tom Hardy as Bane

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I'm on NolanFans because I'm a fan of Christopher Nolan and his films. But just because I'm a fan and he has made some of my favorite films, does not prevent me from speculating and questioning certain decisions that are being made. It is apparent that questioning anything about this film is not only frowned upon on these forums, but is considered blasphemous.

Skyab23 wrote:I'm on NolanFans because I'm a fan of Christopher Nolan and his films. But just because I'm a fan and he has made some of my favorite films, does not prevent me from speculating and questioning certain decisions that are being made. It is apparent that questioning anything about this film is not only frowned upon on these forums, but is considered blasphemous.
Because Nolan is God and you are nothing but a mere mortal questioning the almighty Nolan. So I kindly ask you to GTFO.

Skyab23 wrote:I'm on NolanFans because I'm a fan of Christopher Nolan and his films. But just because I'm a fan and he has made some of my favorite films, does not prevent me from speculating and questioning certain decisions that are being made. It is apparent that questioning anything about this film is not only frowned upon on these forums, but is considered blasphemous.
We've answered your questions but you don't seem to be changed by any of it.

When the TDK teaser came out, people cried that the joker sounded corny...they said he sounded like a Texan Rancher...and he DOES....but when you combine that with the visual and his physicality, it makes perfect sense.

Nolan4Life wrote:
Because Nolan is God and you are nothing but a mere mortal questioning the almighty Nolan. So I kindly ask you to GTFO.

...And you're the perfect example of how conformity starts and the dissenters are ridiculed. I didn't just create a post that said, HARDY SUCKS, and ALWAYS WILL. I stated why I had my doubts, giving 3 specific examples. I understand that it is mere speculation and it is premature, but all of us on these forums are giving our reactions to things in a premature manner, I just happen to be going against the grain, and it appears many of you are unable to handle differing opinions.

JONATHAN3D wrote:
We've answered your questions but you don't seem to be changed by any of it.
And I appreciate everyone's opinions, especially if they are handled maturally...but no amount of opinion can change my reaction to his appearance. His mask looks really odd and weird to me, regardless of the intended look and usefulness of it. The fur-lined jacket looks odd on his character, and I have had many big Nolan fans that I know agree with me on this.

Skyab23 wrote:
Nolan4Life wrote: Because Nolan is God and you are nothing but a mere mortal questioning the almighty Nolan. So I kindly ask you to GTFO.

...And you're the perfect example of how conformity starts and the dissenters are ridiculed. I didn't just create a post that said, HARDY SUCKS, and ALWAYS WILL. I stated why I had my doubts, giving 3 specific examples. I understand that it is mere speculation and it is premature, but all of us on these forums are giving our reactions to things in a premature manner, I just happen to be going against the grain, and it appears many of you are unable to handle differing opinions.
And you can't pick up on a joke so once again, I kindly ask you to leave.

Skyab23 wrote:So if someone voices against the majority, they should just "shut up and leave." Yes, let's just all line up in the conformity line, ask no questions, and march to the epic slogan: ALL HAIL NOLAN!
I honestly don't think it has anything to do with having a "voice against the minority" (And I really don't think a fuckin' fan site is worth all the nonconformist sentiment. You're not fighting the man, man.). I think it mostly has to do with the fact that your opinions on Bane are informed only by a couple images and a shitty audio recording. You haven't seen the film. Hell, you haven't even seen a trailer that Bane is in for more than a nanosecond. You've seen about 0.5 seconds worth of how Bane will look in the film, and heard a grand total of 0.0 worth seconds of what he will sound like. It comes off more as being contrarian for the sake of being contrarian than it does well informed opinions being silenced by the evil authoritarian majority that is Nolan Fans.

When you go into a flick saying "Well I don't like the way this character looks, therefore he will be a flop.", well then you are incredibly biased going in. The same way anyone believing (not hoping) The Dark Knight Rises will be Nolan's best film or one of the best films period are incredibly biased walking in. It's silly to walk into a film with any expectations other than those gathered from the reputations built by the writer(s), director(s), and actors involved. And even then it sucks to go in already decided on things.

Nolan4Life wrote:
Skyab23 wrote:

And you can't pick up on a joke so once again, I kindly ask you to leave.
Yeah you'll have to forgive me, it's a bit difficult to tell when someone is being sarcastic or not over the internet.

mchekhov wrote:When the TDK teaser came out, people cried that the joker sounded corny...they said he sounded like a Texan Rancher...and he DOES....but when you combine that with the visual and his physicality, it makes perfect sense.
I thought he sounded brilliant when I first watched the teaser.