Tom Hardy as Bane

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
agentofoblivion wrote:'I've never had a c*** in my arse...", seriously? That's pretty graphic. And a lil homophobic.
No it's not. He was just being frank so that what he said wouldn't get misconstrued again. But clearly it has been because you're confusing frankness for homophobia, something I imagine someone like Tom would be offended by.

Look, the point is he didn't have to be so inflamitory. I didn't say Tom Hardy is an unforigvable piece of shit or something. I said I didn't like the way he responded and it seemed a BIT homophobic. I stand by my statement and I would say the same thing to his face if given the chance. Either way, there is no give on either side of this agrument and my opinion isn't going to change.

He wasn't being deliberately inflammatory. You just took it as an inflammatory remark when, for the second time, he was just being frank so his words wouldn't be misconstrued again. What do you not understand?

Forum Pro
Law
I stand by my statement and I would say the same thing to his face if given the chance.
No you wouldn't, anyway, you're still blabbering on about this?

Just defending myself, but its pretty pointless. I don't really care anymore. I'm just sick of people gay bashing. Either way I'm just going to stop posting on this thread

I'm pretty sure without a doubt in mind, that Tom isn't homophobic, and he probably didn't mean it that way. Having said that though, he did seem more standoffish and some people read into it in a different way, so I don't blame anyone from getting that impression. In my opinion, again My opinion, Tom doesnt come across well in print interviews at all.

agentofoblivion wrote:Just defending myself, but its pretty pointless. I don't really care anymore. I'm just sick of people gay bashing. Either way I'm just going to stop posting on this thread
There are much worse perpetrators of gay-bashing out there than Tom Hardy. Go complain about them instead of attacking Hardy because you didn't understand what he was saying or where he was coming from. Or just don't be so defensive.

The gays needed to quit being pussies and not be whining about something as insignificant as bullying... If my son was gay, he better come home and talk to me like a man, or I'd pull out a knife and stab that little n----- to death.
That's Tracy Jordan, and THAT is homophobia.
I have never put my penis in a man. I’ve never had a cock in my arse, and I have no f---ing desire for it. If that’s what you like, cool. But it doesn’t do it for me.
...and THAT is Tom Hardy, and it is NOT homophobia.

What's the difference? Well, beyond the simple fact that Tom's words are pretty damn mild by comparison, they differ simply on who their words are addressing. Tom is talking about himself. Sure, he's pretty blunt, but he talks about his own history, and his own feelings, and goes out of his way to point out that he's perfectly fine with other people having their own way of living life. But Tracy is talking about others. He enforces his feelings on other people, and backs up those feelings with a threat. It's pushing one's feelings onto someone else that makes behavior homophobic.

We live in a day and age when people say stupid things all the time, and hurtful things all the time, and we're always getting pissed off about it. But when a guy like Tom comes along, and has the audacity to do nothing more than speak the unobstructed truth, I'd like to think we would have the common courtesy and common sense to recognize his comments for what they are: not homophobia, just a normal guy speaking his mind.

:clap: too funny how you guys can argue about the sexuality of a man you never will have any sexual experience with.

MrFang wrote:
The gays needed to quit being pussies and not be whining about something as insignificant as bullying... If my son was gay, he better come home and talk to me like a man, or I'd pull out a knife and stab that little n----- to death.
That's Tracy Jordan, and THAT is homophobia.
I have never put my penis in a man. I’ve never had a cock in my arse, and I have no f---ing desire for it. If that’s what you like, cool. But it doesn’t do it for me.
...and THAT is Tom Hardy, and it is NOT homophobia.

What's the difference? Well, beyond the simple fact that Tom's words are pretty damn mild by comparison, they differ simply on who their words are addressing. Tom is talking about himself. Sure, he's pretty blunt, but he talks about his own history, and his own feelings, and goes out of his way to point out that he's perfectly fine with other people having their own way of living life. But Tracy is talking about others. He enforces his feelings on other people, and backs up those feelings with a threat. It's pushing one's feelings onto someone else that makes behavior homophobic.

We live in a day and age when people say stupid things all the time, and hurtful things all the time, and we're always getting pissed off about it. But when a guy like Tom comes along, and has the audacity to do nothing more than speak the unobstructed truth, I'd like to think we would have the common courtesy and common sense to recognize his comments for what they are: not homophobia, just a normal guy speaking his mind.
Exactly! But anyway, nowadays you can say anything and people will treat you as if you are homophobic. Saying that gays usually "put their penis in another man" while having sex isn't homophobia, it's a fact. It's like as if now you can't even say things as they are because some people get offended with it for no real reason. Yeah, that's what gay people do, and he doesn't and so what? I don't think he said he was disgusted or anything, he just said he would never do it, cause it isn't his thing...