[SPOILERS] TDKR Plot Speculation

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Anyone else think Bruce Wayne looks really tired in a lot of the scenes where he's talking with Fox and Alfred?
President and Chief Financial Officer of The Official Faora Fan Club Est. 2013

FreakLikeMe wrote:Anyone else think Bruce Wayne looks really tired in a lot of the scenes where he's talking with Fox and Alfred?
He looks so old and tired in the "get me back in the game" and "remember where you parked" clip. But he didn't look that old in the "I'm not afraid. I'm angry" scene which I'm assuming is after the "back breaking" (whatever Nolan's version of back breaking is) so I'm curious about the whole timeline of TDKR.

pancakes213 wrote:
FreakLikeMe wrote:Anyone else think Bruce Wayne looks really tired in a lot of the scenes where he's talking with Fox and Alfred?
He looks so old and tired in the "get me back in the game" and "remember where you parked" clip. But he didn't look that old in the "I'm not afraid. I'm angry" scene which I'm assuming is after the "back breaking" (whatever Nolan's version of back breaking is) so I'm curious about the whole timeline of TDKR.

Yeah, the timeline is strange. I'm looking at some of the speculation going on right now in the Bane post, and I'm beginning to realize how awesome it'll be to come back here once everyone has seen the film.

ComptonTerry wrote:
Red Hood wrote:Doesn't spoil the ending. It's about Batman and Bane's sewer fight mostly.
as we know gotham becomes a prospering safe city, so batman retires, bane turns up, police are helpless, bane is too strong and smart for them. to mke a statement he kidnaps Gordon, holds him captive in the sewers, where he and his men hideout. Bane gets distracted and Gordon escapes (barely) he's found by the police. they take him to hospital. In his hospital room Batman sneaks in, through the window, Gordon tells him he has to come back, gotham needs him. Batman forms a plan (in the batcave) to take down Bane. Batman searches the sewers, Finally finding bane discussing his plans with his men. Finally banes men leave, Batman attacks, banes too strong though overpowers him, Bane beats batman and leaves him.
That's not too bad of a spoiler really. When I opened it I thought I was fucked.
I still think this will happen...
Bane blows up the stadium, killing civilians and the Mayor. The police and Gordon chase him down underground and Bane traps and kills many police by triggering explosions. Gordon is in the front though and catches up to Bane and Bane gives him a little speech and then throws him in the raging sewer pipes. gordon comes out injured and is hospitalized. Batman secretly visits Gordon a la Batman Begins. Batman hunts down Bane. Catwoman intersects and leads him to Bane, trapping him in a catwalk fight. Bane reveals that he knows who Batman is, Catwoman now knows too. Batman is nearly killed, imprisoned. The events before and after that are not the topic of this discussion, so I leave them out.

eisentower30 wrote:
ComptonTerry wrote:
That's not too bad of a spoiler really. When I opened it I thought I was fucked.
Bane blows up the stadium, killing civilians and the Mayor. The police and Gordon chase him down underground and Bane traps and kills many police by triggering explosions. Gordon is in the front though and catches up to Bane and Bane gives him a little speech and then throws him in the raging sewer pipes. gordon comes out injured and is hospitalized. Batman secretly visits Gordon a la Batman Begins. Batman hunts down Bane. Catwoman intersects and leads him to Bane, trapping him in a catwalk fight. Bane reveals that he knows who Batman is, Catwoman now knows too. Batman is nearly killed, imprisoned. The events before and after that are not the topic of this discussion, so I leave them out.
Also posted this in the Bane thread as a part of a discussion. Thought I'd post it here too.

It's speculation about what happens to The Bat.
Wayne has been retired for 8 years. There are rumors of criminals infiltrating the city. Bruce - who has been doing nothing for 8 years - sees this as an opportunity to get back into the suit. He goes to Fox and asks about new stuff he's doing. Fox shows him the Bat. Meanwhile, Gordon finds out a conspiracy to destroy the city from within. After being seriously injured, he's hospitalized. Bruce in a disguise (aka Just Some Nut) visits him in the hospital. He decides to come back as Batman. He does. In his first night he ends up being chased by the police (this is the epic chase scene from the trailers). He manages to escape. He goes back to Fox after deciding it's not safe to travel by batpod anymore since the police is looking for him all the time. He gets the Batpod and decides to use it. He "teams up" with Catwoman (the this isn't a car stuff) They stop a batch of Bane's criminals and have a good time working together (the scenes of them fighting mercenaries). They go out for a few nights and she helps Batman to get back in the game. But then one day when they go out and after the Bat and the Cat park the Bat somewhere hidden (on the rooftop?) she betrays him and leads him to Bane. Bane breaks the Bat. After Bruce's escape from the pit he returns and looks for Fox. He asks Fox to help him. Fox and Bats remember the old equipment in the Batbunker from TDK. They go pick up the suit. Fox asks Batman about The Bat. "Do you remember where you parked" [before you were imprisoned]?

Its never that simple with nolan.
THERE WILL BE FLASHBACKS
:lol:
Brave New World

ryan4butler wrote:Its never that simple with nolan.
THERE WILL BE FLASHBACKS
:lol:
Not pointless ones, though.

Bane and the missing 8 years and also more stories when Bruce leaves Gotham in BB maybe
Brave New World

Celestin wrote:
eisentower30 wrote:
Also posted this in the Bane thread as a part of a discussion. Thought I'd post it here too.

Wayne has been retired for 8 years. There are rumors of criminals infiltrating the city. Bruce - who has been doing nothing for 8 years - sees this as an opportunity to get back into the suit. He goes to Fox and asks about new stuff he's doing. Fox shows him the Bat. Meanwhile, Gordon finds out a conspiracy to destroy the city from within. After being seriously injured, he's hospitalized. Bruce in a disguise (aka Just Some Nut) visits him in the hospital. He decides to come back as Batman. He does. In his first night he ends up being chased by the police (this is the epic chase scene from the trailers). He manages to escape. He goes back to Fox after deciding it's not safe to travel by batpod anymore since the police is looking for him all the time. He gets the Batpod and decides to use it. He "teams up" with Catwoman (the this isn't a car stuff) They stop a batch of Bane's criminals and have a good time working together (the scenes of them fighting mercenaries). They go out for a few nights and she helps Batman to get back in the game. But then one day when they go out and after the Bat and the Cat park the Bat somewhere hidden (on the rooftop?) she betrays him and leads him to Bane. Bane breaks the Bat. After Bruce's escape from the pit he returns and looks for Fox. He asks Fox to help him. Fox and Bats remember the old equipment in the Batbunker from TDK. They go pick up the suit. Fox asks Batman about The Bat. "Do you remember where you parked" [before you were imprisoned]?
I think the "get me back in the game" scene happens before Batman comes back and has the epic Batpod chase. Bruce looks like he's on his knees. This could possibly be after all the rich people are taken from their homes and have their stuff taken away. He's wearing shoddy clothes as well. This might be where they brought all the 'elite' of Gotham. Also, the "where you parked" line also features Bruce in shoddy clothing, combined with his frail appearance, suggesting that this happens before he becomes Batman again.

robphas wrote:
Celestin wrote:

I think the "get me back in the game" scene happens before Batman comes back and has the epic Batpod chase. Bruce looks like he's on his knees. This could possibly be after all the rich people are taken from their homes and have their stuff taken away. He's wearing shoddy clothes as well. This might be where they brought all the 'elite' of Gotham. Also, the "where you parked" line also features Bruce in shoddy clothing, combined with his frail appearance, suggesting that this happens before he becomes Batman again.
Yes those scenes hapepn before he gets back into the suit after he got out of the prison. That's why he's wearing the shoddy clothes.

By the way, the police chase can't be after he comes back from the pit, simply because after Bane gives his speech on the Tumbler the police know that Batman didn't kill Dent and they team up with him.