[SPOILERS] TDKR Plot Speculation

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I think killing Alfred would be a great to see how far he is willing to go after losing his paternal figure, plus it would give for once an appropiate closure, but I do think someone needs to take Alfred's place as guardian and person behind the batman.

Epic http://i49.tinypic.com/2ic1lwj.jpg

ALFROD IS IMMORTAL. :batface:

But yea, I was thinking he might be killed off in 3atman too.

Alterno wrote:I think killing Alfred would be a great to see how far he is willing to go after losing his paternal figure, plus it would give for once an appropiate closure, but I do think someone needs to take Alfred's place as guardian and person behind the batman.

I don't think so, I mean, if we need to kill of a character, it should be Lucius and then possibly Gordon. Alfred is an emotional and analytical mirror for Bruce.

If anything, I want to see EVEN MORE emotional Bruce & Alfred scenes, as they debate whether to end Batman or continue.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

I don't think they need to kill anyone off. We've got Gordon, Alfred, and Lucius. I really want to see all three of them alive at the end of Batman 3. I have faith that Nolan can make this film emotionally poignant without having to kill everyone that's close to Batman.

There's no need to Kill Bruce or have him stop being Batman for the sole purpose of stopping future filmmakers from continuing Nolan's universe. There would certainly need to be major/complete re-casting for any future films, which would break the continuation right there. Are the Schumacher films a continuation from the Burton ones? They're definitely not to me.

As for how Batman 3 should end... I think a feeling of redemption, hope, and Bruce being at peace with Batman being his life. Both films have had great closing shots - Batman flying at the camera, the Batpod speeding up an incline into a blinding light - which got me thinking about what should close out the story, and I think something like this
Heavy thunderstorm, Batman overlooking Gotham. With a prolonged, grandiose, epic version of the 2 note Batman theme playing. Bat signal lights up behind him, crack of lightning brings us to the cut to black and title.

bruce wayne finally doesnt need batman...he lets go of this archetypal personality....but he was wrong..gotham will always need batman....bruce wayne is confronted in the street by some thugs, he is with his wife, and their child.....they pummel him, as he struggles with tears in his eyes, trying to resist to do what he can as batman, he dies...

Batman can't die, cos, well, he is BATMAN!!! :-) Nolan doesn't need to kill Batman to prevent any sequels from occuring. Even in the unlikely event that Warner Bros decide to make further sequels without Nolan, it will virtually impossible to get the whole cast back - as someone said earlier.
I hope Batman 3 ends on a happy note, something similar to the last dialogue between Batman and Commissioner Gordon in Batman Begins.

kanjisheik wrote:Batman can't die, cos, well, he is BATMAN!!! :-) Nolan doesn't need to kill Batman to prevent any sequels from occuring. Even in the unlikely event that Warner Bros decide to make further sequels without Nolan, it will virtually impossible to get the whole cast back - as someone said earlier.
I hope Batman 3 ends on a happy note, something similar to the last dialogue between Batman and Commissioner Gordon in Batman Begins.

u think warner bros will let batman go just cause nolan is done? :lol: youre out of your mind

my guess is that they will hire snyder or fincher to do a reimagining of it...dont start from the beginning, but jump somewhere in the middle of the batman story and do something completely different

Cilogy wrote:
Alterno wrote:I think killing Alfred would be a great to see how far he is willing to go after losing his paternal figure, plus it would give for once an appropiate closure, but I do think someone needs to take Alfred's place as guardian and person behind the batman.

I don't think so, I mean, if we need to kill of a character, it should be Lucius and then possibly Gordon. Alfred is an emotional and analytical mirror for Bruce.

If anything, I want to see EVEN MORE emotional Bruce & Alfred scenes, as they debate whether to end Batman or continue.
And that's the reason of why you should kill batman's batman... is simple Alfred is the closest character alive that Bruce Wayne has, if he is killed by something planned by the riddler, it would put Bruce Wayne in a situation he has never been before, I don't mean puff kill Michael's Caine character in the first 30 seconds, but knowing Nolan, the next batman will be at least 2 hours long and he could be killed around the first hour and 20 mins.

@ talli - I never said Warner Bros would let Batman go, i only said that it was unlikely. There's a difference. Semantics are important. :-)
If they do go for further sequels, it would certainly be atleast a few years after Batman 3 is done and dusted, to avoid fan backlash. And even if they do decide for a sequel without Nolan, does it matter? Irrespective of how bad it might be, Nolan's trilogy would still be the greatest superhero trilogy ever - and nobody can ever take that away from him.